IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

6 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

No sign of a bid yet. Richard Forrester (Bristol Live) was at the Under 21's match earlier, and reported that Semenyo was doing individual training (and looking very sharp). 

Saw that, hopefully not a million miles away from a Sept return?

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Alexander was definitely sent off at least twice against us at AG.

Handball on the line, Tinnion scored the penalty (his first ever goal for us) the year they went down.

He was also sent off for stamping on Smith when he was on the floor.

Probably was a third, Alexander’s whole game was based on kicking his opponent, terrible, dirty player.

Went to Trumpton with a friend once. Forget the game now, but it was the one where Alexander swallowed his false teeth.

Fantastic...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Smith was quicker than that. Like Roadrunner on amphetamines. Replaced the legendary Alan "Shuffle" Walsh on the left, similar build but totally different player. Possibly the quickest City player I've ever seen - although Keith Curle pre-injury was seriously rapid - but his all round game was nothing like Walsh's. Half of Smith's crosses ended up catching a bus over the back of the stand. Mind you, on his day he was unplayable.

If you could of mixed Walshy and Smith that would be one world class player

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes, that was my point, that it isn’t an Americanisation!

In Oz it's called soccer, I think mainly because of Ozzie Rules being the dominant "Football" code but what does it really matter, we all know what we like don't we ? :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Peter Coles said:

Can remember him playing against the rovers I think the full back was alexander correct me if I am wrong he went past him as if he wasn't there and got sent off for chopping him down, I think this happened more than once, memory starting to go but he was a hard man to get near.

Always chopping our players i remember alex munro trying to break chris crows leg he was too quick and smashed into the railings .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Sounds like Sarr is going to palace from Watford. Wonder if that ends their interest in antoine. 

Surely Watford would make a bid having lost Dennis and Sarr?! I know we said Premier League only but still.

Edit: Joao Pedro could be leaving Watford too

Edited by mozo

7 hours ago, mozo said:

Surely Watford would make a bid having lost Dennis and Sarr?! I know we said Premier League only but still.

Edit: Joao Pedro could be leaving Watford too

Yep if Sarr goes I reckon moves Semenyo up on someone else’s list. There will be a chance he goes right up to deadline day imo. The injury probably helps us as he has not had a preseason and won’t be up to speed right away. 

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Alexander was definitely sent off at least twice against us at AG.

Handball on the line, Tinnion scored the penalty (his first ever goal for us) the year they went down.

He was also sent off for stamping on Smith when he was on the floor.

Probably was a third, Alexander’s whole game was based on kicking his opponent, terrible, dirty player.

It was a long time ago and recollection is clouded by time and old age, but I seem to remember that the first time they came up against each other Smith got sent of for retaliation after a being kicked up in the air by Alexander.

Smith responded in the best way possible: became much more canny and every subsequent  game he would wind up Alexander to the point where it was him who lost it. Either by waltzing past him and making him look stupid, or by saying something quietly to him, or more usually both - and it became almost a given that Alexander would get sent off every time we played! 

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

All this talk of ian alexander has me looking back mistyeyed,, those games were so close, and those rovers players were like hitler and stalin to me as a kid,, we hated them, they hated us, we struggled to beat them until the donawa goal, happy days!

Or Alex Ianander if you read the Bountyhunter 

59 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone feel more comfortable with cashing in on Semenyo with the emergence of Tommy Conway, or would it be a lot to ask for Conway to keep this up for a season?

I just keep thinking about how good TC and AS could be up front for us……will cause havoc amongst many defences……add Kalas in as our RCB and we should be OK at the back too…..

Last night really was a sign of how good we could be

Lets back it up against Cardiff on Sunday now ?

COYRs

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bristol red said:

The deal is dependent upon positive medical reports and the loan back based on financial insurances regarding fitness at end of season hence initial deal circa £15m.

From whom? Me.

Medical report: injured.

Loan back based on end of season fitness?- No loan deal in football history has had a clause insuring the player is fit at the end of the season. We cannot predict the future. 

I don't see what Palace would gain from loaning him back to us. He's 22 years old, and can make an immediate impact (when fit). 

• Like 3