IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

32 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Medical report: injured.

Loan back based on end of season fitness?- No loan deal in football history has had a clause insuring the player is fit at the end of the season. We cannot predict the future. 

I don't see what Palace would gain from loaning him back to us. He's 22 years old, and can make an immediate impact (when fit). 

Totally.

Palace have had 19 year old Luke Plange on the bench this season, Antoine would definitely be in front of him.

Plus I don’t think Pearson would want a player that we’ve already sold in his squad, very hard to know how it would work re his motivation & avoiding injury, just can’t see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Totally.

Palace have had 19 year old Luke Plange on the bench this season, Antoine would definitely be in front of him.

Plus I don’t think Pearson would want a player that we’ve already sold in his squad, very hard to know how it would work re his motivation & avoiding injury, just can’t see it.

Pearson's recent comments surrounding transfers seem to hint that he is perhaps bracing himself for one asset to depart before the end of the window.

Last night (post Luton), he stated that there is no more money available for incomings, and that it relies on a sale in order to bring in new additions. 

The likelihood is, that it will be Semenyo, as rumours are gathering pace. 

I completely agree with you, he can make an impact at Palace. He would likely be 2nd or 3rd choice straight away, and would get opportunities to claim a starting position. 

We still look a threat in attack with Semenyo out injured, and Conway is displaying similar strengths from both wide and central areas of the pitch. 3 goals and 2 assists (?) so far. 

Brandon Thomas-Asante (Salford) could be a long-term Semenyo replacement.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, One Team said:

Views on him going to Palace seem mixed on their forum. A few seem to think it would be a good option for them but many underwhelmed by the prospect. Let’s hope he stays!

I can imagine for Palace fans it would feel like a bit of a punt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Views on him going to Palace seem mixed on their forum. A few seem to think it would be a good option for them but many underwhelmed by the prospect. Let’s hope he stays!

To be fair, that's what I'd expect on these boards for a young player doing well in League One. It'd be roughly 50/50 between those who welcomed an exciting new talent and those who were expecting a bigger name and it'd be roughly 10/90 between those who had seen them play and those who were making up an opinion based off media reports and Youtube clips. 

• Like 3

How can i possibly know?  Ha!   But surely AS would be better off staying with us for the rest of the season, displaying his undoubted talent, and then having the choice of a number of clubs rather than just Palace?  He seems a really switched on young man, with plenty of intelligence, so i could certainly see him carefully weighing up his long term options, rather than going to the first club to make an offer?   But then, as i said..........what do I, or anyone else outside his family, possibly know?

22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How can i possibly know?  Ha!   But surely AS would be better off staying with us for the rest of the season, displaying his undoubted talent, and then having the choice of a number of clubs rather than just Palace?  He seems a really switched on young man, with plenty of intelligence, so i could certainly see him carefully weighing up his long term options, rather than going to the first club to make an offer?   But then, as i said..........what do I, or anyone else outside his family, possibly know?

His best chance of making the Ghana WC squad is by staying here, getting back from injury and playing…imho.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

His best chance of making the Ghana WC squad is by staying here, getting back from injury and playing…imho.

I think that is a fair point @Davefevs but then again he might back himself to actually get some game time at Palace and make an impact - it’s a tricky one for the lad, if , of course, Palace, or anyone else is actually interested.

In situations like this money talks and as we all know IF there is interest his wages would increase by an incredible amount.

You also have to look at it from the clubs prospective - we could do with the money and if his valuation is met then I would expect a certain encouragement from us for him to go.

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think that is a fair point @Davefevs but then again he might back himself to actually get some game time at Palace and make an impact - it’s a tricky one for the lad, if , of course, Palace, or anyone else is actually interested.

In situations like this money talks and as we all know IF there is interest his wages would increase by an incredible amount.

You also have to look at it from the clubs prospective - we could do with the money and if his valuation is met then I would expect a certain encouragement from us for him to go.

You, too make a fair point...........all i would add is,  it would be gamble for his WC chances, which i believe he is very serious about, to get to Palace and establish himself in the first team in a very short time frame?  It's just a thought, and i could be way off target?

Edited by maxjak

4 hours ago, One Team said:

He needs a 15-20 goal season I get the impression he is a little injury prone which is why he is in a hurry to move at the first attempt rather than have a real break out season and attract bigger clubs and more money for himself 

I don’t think Ghana is on his mind at all. What is he on 4-6k a week? Palace would be offering 30-40k a week I am sure. The difference annually is 200-300k to 1.5-2m. That would be first on anyone’s mind. He’ll be 26 next world cup if does not work out for him this year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t think a prem move will hurt his chances of making the Ghana squad in my opinion. Plus I bet he will enjoy the big pay increase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

He needs a 15-20 goal season I get the impression he is a little injury prone which is why he is in a hurry to move at the first attempt rather than have a real break out season and attract bigger clubs and more money for himself 

Nowhere has it been said that Semenyo is ‘in a hurry to move’ . 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Nowhere has it been said that Semenyo is ‘in a hurry to move’ . 

He is you get a feeling as a football fan seen many players leave Bristol City the feeling has been there since he left for Ghana IMO,happy with Conway though he has been an unexpected supprise for me anyway and I am more willing to take the money for Semenyo now than before last week 

Edited by Logical-City
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Don’t think a prem move will hurt his chances of making the Ghana squad in my opinion. Plus I bet he will enjoy the big pay increase.

I think that too,is a fair point. Being in the squad of an EPL team every week with maybe some game time probably trumps being first choice in a middling Championship side.

Like all of these things none of us know what is really going on or indeed may not be going on. We will just have to wait and see BUT if the lad is going to go then the sooner the better for us - what we don’t need is this dragging on until the very end of the window.

• Like 1