IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

In Antoines position he probably doesn’t want to rock the boat before the World Cup. He knows that he is in their (Ghana’s) plans and doesn’t need the distraction of moving clubs and house before then. Yes playing in the Premier League could push his case, but adjusting to the standard might cause a dip in form so why risk it. Now in January after a potentially successful World Cup showing his value could rocket as could the interest of bigger clubs than Palace and Bournemouth so it’s a win win for us and him.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

In Antoines position he probably doesn’t want to rock the boat before the World Cup. He knows that he is in their (Ghana’s) plans and doesn’t need the distraction of moving clubs and house before then. Yes playing in the Premier League could push his case, but adjusting to the standard might cause a dip in form so why risk it. Now in January after a potentially successful World Cup showing his value could rocket as could the interest of bigger clubs than Palace and Bournemouth so it’s a win win for us and him.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't leave City in the January window

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'll be amazed if he doesn't leave City in the January window

The January window is a new concern..as he will have just 18 months left on his deal as it stands plus playing in the WC can enhance value, often does- let alone if he gets a goal or 2.

Appearing in WC may also bring interest from abroad, which may push his value up but at the same time may increase our chances of losing him.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Street red said:

15 mill plus add ons not a chance Pearson will do his nut if we accepted a bid of 15 mill. 30 mill and we start talking.

Amen. 25mil and add ons and we’ll listen. The 10 supposedly offered by Bournemouth borders on derisory.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Amen. 25mil and add ons and we’ll listen. The 10 supposedly offered by Bournemouth borders on derisory.

Better than the £5m Forest offered.

Suitors need to carry on with doubling the previous offer and we might get somewhere.

If he maintains his form for us until January AND has a decent World Cup I think significant incoming bids in January would be inevitable.

Ghana play Portugal, South Korea and Uruguay in the group stages, with the Uruguay match on the 2nd December. Even if Ghana don't progress, if he plays, and plays credibly, then he's in the shop window - and within weeks of the January window opening too.

A goal like last night or Fulham last season, and I think we could have a bidding war!

Lot's of ifs and maybes, but we're in a really good position

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

If he maintains his form for us until January AND has a decent World Cup I think significant incoming bids in January would be inevitable.

Ghana play Portugal, South Korea and Uruguay in the group stages, with the Uruguay match on the 2nd December. Even if Ghana don't progress, if he plays, and plays credibly, then he's in the shop window - and within weeks of the January window opening too.

A goal like last night or Fulham last season, and I think we could have a bidding war!

Lot's of ifs and maybes, but we're in a really good position

But then what impact does his contract running down have upon his value? 

Plus we can't hide away from the fact that he does seem to pick up injuries. If he got injured at the world Cup then his value drops further. 

I'd be happy to not risk it and take 15 million plus add ons. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Plus we can't hide away from the fact that he does seem to pick up injuries. If he got injured at the world Cup then his value drops further. 

I’m glad you’re not negotiating for us ?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You say that like there's a £15m + add-ons offer on the table! 

Of course the longer his contract, the stronger our position. I also don't think his injury record is too bad either. If being out for a few months over the summer means he comes back scoring a goal a game until Christmas then I'd happily take that!

I think any kind of credible showing at the World Cup will offset any reduction in value from a reduced contract length. And if he tears it up, as he could well do, then selling for the imaginary £15m offer now might just be a terrible decision.

• Like 2

£15m now, no for me.

£15m, even £12m, 4 weeks ago, different matter. We could have done some business then.

A pragmatic NP and RG will have acknowledged that he is likely to leave in the next year (unless we go up), perhaps more likely in Jan, so best to reinvest in the squad now - but that chance has passed. I think NP eluded to that in the press recently.

For me, we should do everything to hold out to keep him - we’ll have a better idea of his value after the WC, our position in the league, any sell on’s that have come in etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've thought right now £15-20m bracket but I could be downplaying it here  I'm a bit conservative when it comes to transfer valuations.

Good World Cup and the game changes.

I think this is about what the club think as well.

£20m would make it very, very hard for us to say no.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, CyderHead92 said:

I can honestly see Everton coming in for him for a cheeky 20 mil. They are desperate for a striker. Could maybe get more out of them

Hopefully not, Diaz price I've seen quoted as Blackburn want  £20m. Semenyo has the potential to be worth far more than Diaz. Would certainly be gutted if we let him go for anything less than that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hopefully not, Diaz price I've seen quoted as Blackburn want  £20m. Semenyo has the potential to be worth far more than Diaz. Would certainly be gutted if we let him go for anything less than that.

The other side is that Diaz scored 20 plus last season and has started this season strongly so perhaps would be seen as less of a risk.

Otoh, he is in the final year of his contract and us a year older than Semenyo- arguably Semenyo is more versatile too. Semenyo if he remains is contracted until 2024 with the club option.

Transfer valuation is far from an exact science though.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There’s another angle to this (if true)- would Antoine want to go there, especially with no manager. Would be a poor decision imho.

I suspect Bournemouth have shown an interest (maybe historically???) and we’ve turned them down.

Didn't we turn down a significant bid (£9M?) in the summer. Not the Forest one from Jan either.

It may well be that this Ghanian Journalist is quoting that one.

When the other "in the know" Ghanian journo wrote in the summer that Semenyeo was returning home from AFCON to sign for another club (aka he came back injured), i guess i came to the conclusion that all of these Twitter accounts can be a bit Roy De Alien like.

Bristol City reject £9m bid for Antoine Semenyo - The72

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

Yeah we need to not even accept 15 million at this point. The World Cup coming up could see us get double. Imagine he gets 2 goals.. very good opposition, we’re looking at 20m-25m minimum. Got an absolute gem here, let us completely have somebody’s pants down if they want him. 30 million or get lost. However all that comes down to his World Cup and league goals up to that point. Just going to enjoy him while I can as he won’t be modelling next seasons kit in July ?

• Like 3