IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Semenyo signed a four- year contract in September 2020 so if he did go how what impact if any would there be contractually ? If the club gets 5M for him then best let him go. He is good but not consistent. 5M could bring in a player that would fit NP.s long term plan. I do not think we will get relegated this season if NP has some leverage and some money to spend.

I maybe wrong but I thought his contract runs out at the end of this season but with a year extension the club can exorcise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Selling Semenyo for £3m would be the worst piece of business since we sold Bob Taylor for £300k, I genuinely would consider giving up on the club if that happened.

People say all sorts of nonsense on forums but anyone who seriously thinks the club would sell a striker who was 23 yesterday, so has his best years ahead of him & just featured at the World Cup, for £3m is absolutely deluded.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the Lowe front, seems to be linked with loan moves to Coventry, QPR, Sunderland.

All seem better placed than us although I guess bargaining chip as others say if Bournemouth want to do business.

I’m not even convinced we would sign a striker if Semenyo left.

Pearson talked about Wells, Conway, Weimann & Bell as his other strikers in the week & so unless we move Martin off the wage bill as well, my theory is we would use any space on the wage bill for a defender or a midfielder first.

Obviously if this month sees a raft of departures then things change but at present it appears a centre back & an attacking midfielder are the priorities.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

People say all sorts of nonsense on forums but anyone who seriously thinks the club would sell a striker who was 23 yesterday, so has his best years ahead of him & just featured at the World Cup, for £3m is absolutely deluded.

Edited by City oz

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Where is it reported he is on 18kpw? Per month maybe, but he was still a junior when he signed his contract, so even that's unlikely.

Yep, no way he’s on that much.  As you say, signed contract back in March 2019 as a 19 year old.  Even allowing for annual increases / targets hit, e.g. appearances, I think £18k pm is more likely the figure.  Even that might be a tad high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Where is it reported he is on 18kpw? Per month maybe, but he was still a junior when he signed his contract, so even that's unlikely.

You do wonder about some people’s complete inability to filter information, don’t you?

It’s like when a certain someone was confidently saying that Danny Simpson was on £15k a week with us.

The same player who before us hadn’t had a club for 9 months, was 34 & training with Leicester’s U21s just to stay fit.

So after looking to significantly reduce our wage bill by releasing 12 players we would then pay him that sort of money, more than Matty James, who was 29 & signed for us after a season where he played 40 Championship games on loan at Barnsley & Coventry.

Ok then.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Definitely. Though I did think Antoine was less keen to get involved in physical contacts yesterday. All the speculation may be having a subconscious impact. 

Been like it since a few weeks before the World Cup from what I’ve seen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Definitely. Though I did think Antoine was less keen to get involved in physical contacts yesterday. All the speculation may be having a subconscious impact. 

Yeah . The powerful strong fast Antoine has disappeared. The present version seems to have his mind elsewhere..Although he has started scoring again which is a good sign.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, noticed this yesterday. There was a couple of times yesterday where AS had his RCB isolated, but he chose to lay off the ball.

Semenyo in his prime of last season, woild have looked to out muscle and out pace that defender without a second thought.

Whether it's a confidence, or transfer issue; from a mental point of view he does look to be forceful in his approach this season so far.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we should dismiss how much Martin did for him last year by taking the more physical defender off of him and allow him to concentrate on outmuscling the weaker defender(s).  He’s taking the brunt of a lot of the physical stuff this season.

W-S-M was a great combination. Instrumental in our improved form towards the end of last season. Shame it had to be dismantled and, having been so, one of the reasons for this season's patchy form. 

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thought the same yesterday as just wasn’t at it. That said, went to Cov where I thought he was outstanding & back to his old self.