IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

4 minutes ago, Packman said:

We really can't afford to lose semenyo now, Wells and Martin only available strikers and Sam Bell who's nowhere near championship standard atm.

We can for anything upwards of £8 million. Wells and Martin / Bell up top Saturday with a replacement striker in place for Blackburn H.

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Didn’t even know we were in for Ogbene

We aren’t in for anyone officially at this point!!! ?

i do know he’s a player we have looked at previously.  OOC this summer, no current intention to sign a new deal, I guess because of Rotherham’s position.  Whether he’d jump out if the frying pan into another frying pan I don’t know.  But I’m encouraged that this type of player is on our radar.

As for Semenyo fee, no idea, but from the rumours it appears Bournemouth want him, so that strengthens our position on fee.

My guesswork is we will get an initial fee of at least £10m…add ons who knows…a sell-on percentage at least.  

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Who is he?

Semenyo or Ogbene? ?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 1

Given the b*locks spouted by two other Ghanaian journos in the summer (remember the 'he's been allowed to leave the squad to sort out leaving Bristol City') I'm taking this with a pinch of salt for now. This is going to rumble on and he won't be going anywhere imminently with Conwell and Weimann out injured, can you see Wells starting with Bell or Martin on Saturday?
Expecting this one to hit the end of the deadline to give us time to sort out a replacement. 

• Like 2

If the Semenyo transfer becomes a reality, we may be able to recruit all we need for this season without selling Scott. That would be a big plus for us in our bid to move up the table.

Releasing the bigger earners at end of June would then allow us to recruit from a larger number who will become out of contract with other clubs.

• Like 1

As Fevs says, no real links with Ogbene at the moment. He's just someone I'd like to see us bring in if Semenyo was to leave. I don't think he'd cost a lot either with him only having 6 months left. You could quite easily pick him up and have enough funds left over to reinvest elsewhere.

1 minute ago, 97Red said:

As Fevs says, no real links with Ogbene at the moment. He's just someone I'd like to see us bring in if Semenyo was to leave. I don't think he'd cost a lot either with him only having 6 months left. You could quite easily pick him up and have enough funds left over to reinvest elsewhere.

We need someone to score some goals.

1 minute ago, Super said:

We need someone to score some goals.

The goals have dried up recently, yes, I agree. I think in the right system Ogbene would score goals. It's just a case of whether he would fit into our system, whatever that may be. My gut feeling is that NP will move to a back 4. But as far as scoring goals is concerned, I guess the counter argument is in my opinion us tightening up at the other end of pitch is more critical. 3 of the top 6 have scored the same or fewer goals than us at current. They're just far more organised and ship fewer goals than us! 

• Like 1