IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

On 14/01/2023 at 23:23, Dolman_Stand said:

They're willing to pay him £50k per week if Nixon is to be believed, he would be a fool not to go as its life changing money.

£15m plus a sell on would do me, if we're really playing hardball then maybe a clause in there that sees extra dosh come our way if Bournemouth stay up

Tbf, that is a great deal for club and player.

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good.  Imho, Bournemouth would be a bad choice for him (from a footballing point of view).

I agree with the relegation aspect of it, however Up front with the big lump Keiffer Moore might give Semenyo the chance on the weaker/ smaller defender that he could thrive on.

I suppose it also depends on if there is any other prem interest. Would a guarenteed 6 months in the Premier League be better than waiting until the summer and maybe ending up staying in the championship?! 

• Like 1

I think from the point of our own club progression, I’m not bothered where semenyo goes so long as we are adequately compensated that allows us to improve the squad for the short and long term. He is the one player at risk of becoming a Fam/massengo so we need to move him on for as much money as possible

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

I agree with the relegation aspect of it, however Up front with the big lump Keiffer Moore might give Semenyo the chance on the weaker/ smaller defender that he could thrive on.

I suppose it also depends on if there is any other prem interest. Would a guarenteed 6 months in the Premier League be better than waiting until the summer and maybe ending up staying in the championship?! 

Moore is so far out of his depth in the Prem that it’s unreal.

He’s a big part of why they haven’t scored a single goal since the World Cup break.

Teams at that level don’t worry about Stone Age tactics like that.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

This will go right up to the deadline I think.

Lets just hope he remains in the same form until then. Could cause some sort of a bidding war.

Teams will get desperate.

Problem is they seem to be looking at the foreign markets mostly. Not a single pound yet spent on Championship players this window but we're only about halfway through.

48 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

This will go right up to the deadline I think.

Lets just hope he remains in the same form until then. Could cause some sort of a bidding war.

Teams will get desperate.

That would be worse case though surely . If it’s that late we can’t replace him. What with our league position that would be playing Russian roulette 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That would be worse case though surely . If it’s that late we can’t replace him. What with our league position that would be playing Russian roulette 

Absolutely it’s worse case, as it gives us no time to sort a replacement, but unfortunately it’s how these things often play out.

I would rather not lose him at all, but I have a feeling the prem teams will leave it as late as possible.

21 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Absolutely it’s worse case, as it gives us no time to sort a replacement, but unfortunately it’s how these things often play out.

I would rather not lose him at all, but I have a feeling the prem teams will leave it as late as possible.

Southampton inquired over the weekend according to a couple of different journo’s . If it’s going to happen let’s hope it happens soon. Another problem is injuries to wiemann & Tommy 

18 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Let’s really hope he doesn’t leave. He seems very happy at the moment here in BS3 and yes, money talks bit maybe, he signs a new long term contract and gets us to the promised land.

To be honest I would rather he went and we reinvested the money - as long as the price is right. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Let’s really hope he doesn’t leave. He seems very happy at the moment here in BS3 and yes, money talks bit maybe, he signs a new long term contract and gets us to the promised land.

Apparently He’s been offered 50,000£ a week by Bournemouth that’s not money talking it’s money jumping and shouting in front of a twenty foot high flashing neon sign. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Southampton inquired over the weekend according to a couple of different journo’s . If it’s going to happen let’s hope it happens soon. Another problem is injuries to wiemann & Tommy 

Given that Jones has come from the Championship and probably knows sweet FA about young French players, you can see him preferring to recruit some of the better Championship players and backing himself to turn them into  players.  

Maybe they have a forward who could do with a loan to the Championship?  Might sweeten any deal

Edited by The Bard

Just now, The Bard said:

Given that Jones has come from the Championship and probably knows sweet FA about young French players, you can see him preferring to recruit some of the better Championship players and backing himself to turn them into Premierleague players.  

Agreed although how much say does/would Jones get in who signs. Unsure of the structure there.

41 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Given that Jones has come from the Championship and probably knows sweet FA about young French players, you can see him preferring to recruit some of the better Championship players and backing himself to turn them into  players.  

Maybe they have a forward who could do with a loan to the Championship?  Might sweeten any deal

Who is the Jones that you are referring to?