IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

8m could seem very big in the summer, with 12 months left and the option to talk to foreign clubs in another 6 months. Not sure how much we are holding out for, but I would imagine the 8m included add ons and it'll be interesting if they come back with an improved offer. I would say 10m, plus another 1m if they stay up, and percentage of profit clause on his future transfer, would be enough to swing it. 

Edited by robinforlife2
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

8m could seem very big in the summer, with 12 months left and the option to talk to foreign clubs in another 6 months. Not sure how much we are holding out for, but I would imagine the 8m included add ons and it'll be interesting if they come back with an improved offer. I would say 10m, plus another 1m if they stay up, and percentage of profit clause on his future transfer, would be enough to swing it. 

I seriously think that if it’s a PL club coming in for him, which Bournemouth are, then it’s £15m initial fee, and lots of add-ons.

He’s a striker, they come at a premium, and at 23 has serious upside.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

And just let him leave for next to nothing next season or for a minimal fee in the summer?

It won’t be a minimal fee in the summer imho.  It’s beyond the summer window his value really drops off.  If he scores 8-10 between now and the end of the season, his value could go up too.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It won’t be a minimal fee in the summer imho.  It’s beyond the summer window his value really drops off.  If he scores 8-10 between now and the end of the season, his value could go up too.

I would personally had taken the £8m, if it included add ons. He may be in form now, but I think it's cause he is playing for a move, we saw how he went missing not wanting to get hurt prior to the world cup, and I feel if he is still here in Feb, he could easily go missing again and angle for a move in the summer, when he has 12 months left.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Thank fk your not in charge!

Maybe, but if he doesn't get sold and we end up with a Maynard or Famara situation, then the club can only blame themselves. I can understand holding out for decent money for Scott, and it's likely Scott, Conway and Pring will end up players who could earn us big money with the length of contracts, but we are playing Russian roulette with a player who can be replaced easily enough and £8m would go a long way to helping us bring in players in areas we need.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I seriously think that if it’s a PL club coming in for him, which Bournemouth are, then it’s £15m initial fee, and lots of add-ons.

He’s a striker, they come at a premium, and at 23 has serious upside.

Agree. If they lose to forest on the weekend, their need & panic is even greater. 

As a possible starting offer , I don't think £8m is a bad opening gambit. If it was £4-6m, it would indicate that we are a very long way apart in our valuations

If they were to raise it to £10m+, then I think serious discussions would probably start. It certainly shows a bit more intent on Bournemouth's part, than words/speculation on Social media.

I wouldn't dismiss their interest out of hand. If he is going (and of course he won't sign that new contract). We need to manage this situation, so we don't end up losing him on Jan 29th; and rushing through an emergency replacement.

I would say "Many thanks for the offer, not quite there at the moment, but let's stay in touch"

Edited by NcnsBcfc

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I would personally had taken the £8m, if it included add ons. He may be in form now, but I think it's cause he is playing for a move, we saw how he went missing not wanting to get hurt prior to the world cup, and I feel if he is still here in Feb, he could easily go missing again and angle for a move in the summer, when he has 12 months left.

That’s your opinion, which of course you’re entitled to.

I saw it more as a player struggling for form / consistency, coming off the back of a shin-operation, trying to get used to playing with players he’s rarely played with (Conway or Wells).  I saw games where he looked “at it” and games where he struggled.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It will be interesting to see the players response to this.

Im not doubting his character at all, but players can be the driving force these days.

Knowing a Prem club has come in for you could be a distraction.

Lets hope Semenyo is happy to let his football do the talking and keep up his brilliant form.

Also the risk of injury to consider, if he gets a nasty injury on Saturday then both Antoine and City lose out. If something close by the weekend then he may sit out against Blackburn

38 minutes ago, Dredd said:

It's an odd move for the player. Yes it's a big salary but Bournemouth look in real danger of being back here next season. Depends on ambition I guess

Imho for him it’s a step up in quality and if he does well it’s a stepping stone to bigger things.  Like Bobby at Cardiff.   And it’s good for us as well re sell ons hopefully. If he produces (big if granted). 

• Like 1

Southampton fans albeit a tiny sample size don't seem wildly enthusiastic about him either. In fairness I guess they are also looking at the short term 'Get someone in with experience and or who knows the League, survive now and look at options later.

Selling to Bournemouth would only enhance their chances of yoyoing back if as looks likely they drop back.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

In regards to Bournemouth & Southampton fans not being keen, how would we feel if we were linked with someone for that much money, with the goal scoring record he has? 
Purely looking at stats it’s understandable they’re a little bit miffed!!

In reality, he is worth the £12-15m we’re holding out for, as the stats don’t even begin to tell the story!