IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Not if he scores 10-15 goals between now and then it won't.

I don't disagree but it's all ifs and buts. What if he gets a serious injury? what if his head drops because we didn't let him move and he doesn't perform for the rest of the season?

Weren't we demanding 20m for him last summer when Palace came calling? That's already a significant drop

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I think 10m was a fair price, hopefully we don't regret that one and Semenyo can continue to be professional and play on 

I don't think we have been offered 10m. I think it is 8m plus add ons. I expect the add on will be staying up which isn't going to happen, so we are being offered 8m.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, westonred said:

I would imagine that Ings is on 60k plus a week where Semenyo would be offered half of that 

Semenyo has apparently agreed a 50k pw contract. We know all about Semenyo and we can see the potential. However looking at it from a Bournemouth POV ings would be better. Proven at that level, same amount of money and wages would be near the same. Only thing really Semenyo has is the potential, if he does really well they can sell him on. 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Depends how we take into account the impact of Covid on championship players values in the context of the exposure championship clubs suffered in the same period, while considering strikers tend to be worth more.

If I was in City's position, I'd look at spread fees which would be more of a help longer term with FFP. So something akin to £8m up front plus £5m across the next 32 months, with further £1m if Bournemouth avoid relegation from EPL otherwise appearance based clauses, and a standard 10-20% sell-on-profit.

In terms of the financial impact, and your scenario the fee would be £13m and go into this season’s accounts / P&L.  Staged payments make no difference as the rules currently stand.  If Bournemouth stay up (and assuming terms are pay up as soon as PL season over), we’d bank another £1m into this season’s accounts.

That is of course under the existing FFP rules….might be different from next season.  There is stuff being mooted that you’d release the transfer profit into you income as and when you receive it, so in your scenario we might want to stagger it.

Hope that makes sense?

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I have a feeling this gets done quickly.

They want him signed before 12pm tomorrow in order to be able to play this weekend. 

If Semenyo has agreed terms, negotiations could continue today/tomorrow morning.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Semenyo is on his way to Bournemouth (medical) in case clubs agree fee.

How desperate can a club be?  Talk about throwing him in at the deep end without any time to get to know his teammates, system etc…that would put me off in the first place, ie do I want to go to a club that’s as ill-prepared as this?

59 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Turning down 10m, is a strange one. Esp if included a sell on as well. 

Given he has 12 months left in the summer, I can't see us getting 10m for a player with one year left who has no intention of signing a new deal, and has already been offered big bucks from a premier league club, only for us to turn it down. If Bournemouth do move on, I would not be surprised to see Semenyo put in a transfer request. 

How many players put in a transfer request these days?

City, Agent and Player should (maybe they have, maybe they haven’t) and discussed the kind of fee that’s in the right ball-park.  If they have all been mature about it and Agent speaks to Bournemouth and they try it in, we’ll that’s gonna be turned out, and a waste of everyone’s time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I doubt Bournemouth have actually 'moved on'. They've been watching Antoine for a while and have already agreed personal terms with him. Just another tactic to force our hand. 

I don't think we're too far away though. Realistically 10m guaranteed and 4m in clauses (apps,goals,relegation/promotion) will probably do the trick

That assumes they truly have agreed personal terms.  I would imagine that at this stage they’ve discussed “ballparks” at best…especially as Bournemouth themselves are falling short of our fee.  Surely, City only allow discussions if clubs feel they might be in the same ballpark for a fee too?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The thought the player or his agent has agreed terms with a player that is fully in contract with another club breaks a lot of rules. Unless of course it’s just more talk to apply more pressure. 

City don’t have to sell now we know that. Bournemouths desperation is apparent. I can see another club snatching this or the boy stays. 

It’s perfectly acceptable to do it this way around as long as City have allowed him too.  I doubt he has agreed terms.

26 minutes ago, Vidal said:

The problem of course being that by the summer his value may have dropped.

Fixed

9 minutes ago, Vidal said:

I think it’s a very fair price too.

I’m glad you’re not CEO of our club then!  ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In terms of the financial impact, and your scenario the fee would be £13m and go into this season’s accounts / P&L.  Staged payments make no difference as the rules currently stand.  If Bournemouth stay up (and assuming terms are pay up as soon as PL season over), we’d bank another £1m into this season’s accounts.

That is of course under the existing FFP rules….might be different from next season.  There is stuff being mooted that you’d release the transfer profit into you income as and when you receive it, so in your scenario we might want to stagger it.

Hope that makes sense?

How desperate can a club be?  Talk about throwing him in at the deep end without any time to get to know his teammates, system etc…that would put me off in the first place, ie do I want to go to a club that’s as ill-prepared as this?

How many players put in a transfer request these days?

City, Agent and Player should (maybe they have, maybe they haven’t) and discussed the kind of fee that’s in the right ball-park.  If they have all been mature about it and Agent speaks to Bournemouth and they try it in, we’ll that’s gonna be turned out, and a waste of everyone’s time.

IIRC if you hand in a transfer request you waiver some of your potential fees/bonuses too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

Turning down 10m, is a strange one. Esp if included a sell on as well. 

Given he has 12 months left in the summer, I can't see us getting 10m for a player with one year left who has no intention of signing a new deal, and has already been offered big bucks from a premier league club, only for us to turn it down. If Bournemouth do move on, I would not be surprised to see Semenyo put in a transfer request. 

It’s £10m in total including add ons . I trust the club to do this properly . 
not sure who but did I read someone said he’ll be replaced easily ! 
Nige said when he first signed that prem players need to be quick & powerful . Antoine ticks all the boxes. He will not be easy to replace . 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I don't disagree but it's all ifs and buts. What if he gets a serious injury? what if his head drops because we didn't let him move and he doesn't perform for the rest of the season?

Weren't we demanding 20m for him last summer when Palace came calling? That's already a significant drop

The price starts to drop in the final 18 months of contract probably but it can depend on age, form etc.

Were we? Wasn't aware of this. Edit found the article in q.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Part of me thinks 10m plus add ons is fair. However, I also think the premier league is the only one with money and everyone should negotiate to the fullest. 12m + 3m in add ons would be fair I think. 

It’s not 10 plus add ons . It’s 8 plus add ons taking it to ten , apparently 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, big dosser said:

i think 12m to 15m is about fair.its like ebay the first 2 offers are to test the water the 3rd offer will be the final bid.as long as that comes in around 12m with lots of add ons then im sure we would take it.

Do you mean £12m basic plus lots of add-ons or rising to £12m if add-ons met?

That's an important distinction- if you mean £12m instantly rising if add-ons met then I can see that as grounds for serious negotiation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Part of me thinks 10m plus add ons is fair. However, I also think the premier league is the only one with money and everyone should negotiate to the fullest. 12m + 3m in add ons would be fair I think. 

Problem is, where are the Premier League spending that money? Abroad and with each other so far! (Trossard £27m, Ings £12-15m two reported moves).

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do you mean £12m basic plus lots of add-ons or rising to £12m if add-ons met?

That's an important distinction- if you mean £12m instantly rising if add-ons met then I can see that as grounds for serious negotiation.

12m plus add ons i think that is a fair price in the market today.but always depends on what replacement we are looking at

1 minute ago, big dosser said:

12m plus add ons i think that is a fair price in the market today.but always depends on what replacement we are looking at

I agree to a large extent, I also think the market is very “individual” too.  How desperate are each party to buy / sell, how much are they on here, does the player want to go, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, Davefevs said:

I agree to a large extent, I also think the market is very “individual” too.  How desperate are each party to buy / sell, how much are they on here, does the player want to go, etc.

i think it would depend on what player we may bring in and at what cost, lot of people think we are looking for the same type of player, I think that we may look for a forward that is good in both boxes.pring bell sykes and tanner could all make good parterships from the wings but i do feel we need a big strong man on top for them to feed off also help at the back on corners and freekicks.

• Like 1