IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s perfectly acceptable to do it this way around as long as City have allowed him too.  I doubt he has agreed terms.

???

Go on over their lad and negotiate a deal for yourself! Not bound to turn the players head while negotiations with the clubs are going on, thereby lessening leverage as the play starts to agitate to leave. 

Maybe it’s true, City are not that stupid, are they!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paignton red said:

What pee's me off about this and any other player leaving the club,

is the club gotta pay the bloody sh#te stirring agents !! This really needs to change.

I think that may be Bournemouths responsibility, unless we’ve been actively shopping him around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Go on over their lad and negotiate a deal for yourself! Not bound to turn the players head while negotiations with the clubs are going on, thereby lessening leverage as the play starts to agitate to leave. 

Maybe it’s true, City are not that stupid, are they!

It’s pretty much standard practice these days. 
Pretty rare that a club would make a bid for a player if they hadn’t already established that the player would accept their terms. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

The market moves on quickly.

Chris Wood to Nottingham Forest (yes I know not Semenyo related) but he ie Semenyo will be one of many targets for Bournemouth probably.

Scott? A week ago it was multiple clubs and Wolves especially. Now they have signed Lemina, Sarabia and subject to late haggling Gomes is due to go there. For £5-6m more than the £25m reported Scott price tag for all 3 combined (£30-31m for the 3 of them).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

In terms of the financial impact, and your scenario the fee would be £13m and go into this season’s accounts / P&L.  Staged payments make no difference as the rules currently stand.  If Bournemouth stay up (and assuming terms are pay up as soon as PL season over), we’d bank another £1m into this season’s accounts.

That is of course under the existing FFP rules….might be different from next season.  There is stuff being mooted that you’d release the transfer profit into you income as and when you receive it, so in your scenario we might want to stagger it.

Hope that makes sense?

How desperate can a club be?  Talk about throwing him in at the deep end without any time to get to know his teammates, system etc…that would put me off in the first place, ie do I want to go to a club that’s as ill-prepared as this?

How many players put in a transfer request these days?

City, Agent and Player should (maybe they have, maybe they haven’t) and discussed the kind of fee that’s in the right ball-park.  If they have all been mature about it and Agent speaks to Bournemouth and they try it in, we’ll that’s gonna be turned out, and a waste of everyone’s time.

Does make sense and was the reason for the my suggestion. Thought it may have already been changed to such and missed it. Make more sense now I think about with regards to Kelly's fee and the impact on our FFP outlook when that's outside frame of reference for the calculation.

Was not, however, aware of the first point under current rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Bournemouth potentially getting more money in, Arsenal interested in winger Jaidon Anthony. 

Semenyo the replacement then? Do Bournemouth see AS as a striker?

If you’re looking purely at stats in the goals column…

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Semenyo the replacement then? Do Bournemouth see AS as a striker?

If you’re looking purely at stats in the goals column…

Striker, wide man, wide striker and winger can be fluid and interchangeable. Definitely Semenyo could fit Striker and wide striker IMO, unsure Bournemouth would play him through the middle as a first choice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always limited value in comparison but reportedly...

Ings- £12-15m to West Ham

Wood- loan with obligation, Loan fee now and £15m fee in summer (Nottingham Forest).

In the context of Semenyo does that move estimations up or down?

I think the club are correct and those transfers move him up from their valuation.

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think the club are correct and those transfers move him up from their valuation.

Up from £15m or?

I agree @Psychopomp with a lot of what you write there but I worry about if we price him out of a move vs any EFL expectations as with Birmingham in 2019- the market dynamics seem to shift often.

Hmm think a fully fit Kalas is or could have been a top end Championship player, that can transition even if short lived into a lower end PL player.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always limited value in comparison but reportedly...

Ings- £12-15m to West Ham

Wood- loan with obligation, Loan fee now and £15m fee in summer (Nottingham Forest).

In the context of Semenyo does that move estimations up or down?

Each transfer is different imo . There are so many differences . Ings is established but 30 not sure how old wood is but must be 30+ 

you could say they’re both lacking in pace . Ings a off the shoulder type , wood a old fashioned no 9 . Antoine is a very modern forward , power & pace . Also only 23 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Both players over 30?

Both with a track record in the PL. Even though I agree on the growth argument. How exactly a player is valued is so hard to gauge.

31 minutes ago, M.D said:

No, up from Bournemouth's £10M

Ah ok that makes sense..yeah agree he's worth more than that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sludge said:

If we sell Semenyo this window for a ‘fair price’ and end up in League One next season, that ‘fair price’ will look like the worst piece of business we’ve done in a long time. 

Playing Devil's Advocate if we reject a bid that would outright resolve FFP without any debate as to the method and we get a charge like Birmingham in 2019, is that a potential risk?

Do we know for sure that the League or are not expecting a sale as with Birmingham in 2019.

Overall I'd be surprised if we did end up in that position but Birmingham fans in 2019 were loudly dismissive of the concept when it first arose early February 2019. Would that be a price worth paying?

1 hour ago, SBB said:

I think that may be Bournemouths responsibility, unless we’ve been actively shopping him around.

Yep, normally it is the player and buying club that share the agent fees (tax / B.I.K. reasons I believe).

There are exceptions.

Adam Armstrong’s move between Blackburn and Southampton was split “buying club / player” and “former club / player”.

The FA publish a pdf of all Agent txns each year.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Playing Devil's Advocate if we reject a bid that would outright resolve FFP without any debate as to the method and we get a charge like Birmingham in 2019, is that a potential risk?

Do we know for sure that the League or are not expecting a sale as with Birmingham in 2019.

Overall I'd be surprised if we did end up in that position but Birmingham fans in 2019 were loudly dismissive of the concept when it first arose early February 2019. Would that be a price worth paying?

ok fair play, i’m assuming we don’t need to sell at mo to resolve FFP issues, but have no idea whether or not that is the case. 

If it is the case,  then yeh that’s a potential price changer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sludge said:

ok fair play, i’m assuming we don’t need to sell at mo to resolve FFP issues, but have no idea whether or not that is the case. 

If it is the case,  then yeh that’s a potential price changer. 

I'm hopeful we would get £12-15m in an up front fee but the problem is the FFP the club say they're fine not to sell- will stick with that atm but it's never 100 pct sure.

• Like 1

Bournemouth have now offered 8 mill.......and then 10 mill for our prized asset.....apparently?   That is well below our asking price?  It is disruptive and unrealistic, and why the hell would Antoine want to go to a team who will probably be playing in our division next season?   He is far better off staying here, and showing what an outstanding talent he is over the next half a season.......thus provoking a far better deal for himself, and superior financial rewards, and also playing for a far better team than the South Coast fly by nights?  Please Stick around Antoine......and show the real Premiership sides what they will be missing out on?  Ha!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Bournemouth have now offered 8 mill.......and then 10 mill for our prized asset.....apparently?   That is well below our asking price?  It is disruptive and unrealistic, and why the hell would Antoine want to go to a team who will probably be playing in our division next season?   He is far better off staying here, and showing what an outstanding talent he is over the next half a season.......thus provoking a far better deal for himself, and superior financial rewards, and also playing for a far better team than the South Coast fly by nights?  Please Stick around Antoine......and show the real Premiership sides what they will be missing out on?  Ha!!

Clearly they'll be looking pushing at the edges with us being close to FFP and that's business.

I think him and Brentford would be a good match tbh, were he to move on. Brighton?