IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

13 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

He wasn't fit, then when he was, NP decided to keep him on the bench. I don't think it is any coincidence that after a run of games where he started he has got his mojo back. I do struggle to understand why he wasn't given a run of games earlier. Similar questions about why Cam Pring wasn't in the team. I question some of Nige's selection decisions, while accepting I don't know what goes on off the pitch.

That's an easy one, Conway and Wells started the season scoring for fun. 

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know it’s an example you’ve given, but money doesn’t always talk, and it’s more than possible that the wages being offered by one club over another.  Plus let’s not forget Burnley’s offer could include a promotion increase, and Bournemouth’s include a relegation 

Going back to your example, I’d choose Burnley. ??‍♂️

Me too.

I reckon half a season in a top team, being coached by Kompany will help him more to be ‘prem ready’.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Henry said:

Me too.

I reckon half a season in a top team, being coached by Kompany will help him more to be ‘prem ready’.

I imagine Kompany also might be a huge draw in himself. A true Premier League legend who played in England from when Semenyo was 8 until he was 19. That’s got to have a certain hold on the imagination.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:
5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Oh put words in people’s mouths for the sake of the last word. Good lad! 

This 50k of which you speak I guess is the speculation that I’ve read about his purported wages offer. :laugh:! If Bournemouth were relegated do you really think his contact would not reflect that he may not be on that in the Championship. Just a thought! 

As for Burnley who knows what wages they would offer it’s not even been speculated on until now. However let’s be frank to not go up from here will be a stroke of anti genius! 

Lots to consider for those concerned and lots to speculate on by others!im not trying to have the last word. You seem a little tetchy. 

All I’m saying is people talk about Bornemouth as if it would be a bad move. What I’m saying is being a footballer is a job, and increasing your earnings is a key part to your career. Therefore, whoever offers the most money would be the best career move from a financial POV. Regardless of what division you play in. 

Edited by Bobbie

10 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

All I’m saying is people talk about Bornemouth as if it would be a bad move. What I’m saying is being a footballer is a job, and increasing your earnings is a key part to your career. Therefore, whoever offers the most money would be the best career move from a financial POV. Regardless of what division you play in. 

That’s a big assumption that money is the primary / only driver.

Lots more parts of the decision.  If Bournemouth offer him £5k more than Palace, I bet you he goes to Palace. 

• Like 5

Just now, Davefevs said:

That’s a big assumption that money is the primary / only driver.

Lots more parts of the decision.  If Bournemouth offer him £5k more than Palace, I bet you he goes to Palace. 

I agree that there are many other factors other than money.

For a team like Bournemouth, the stadium has to be a negative.

Playing in front of 20,000 at Ashton Gate, to suddenly 13,000 at Bournemouth doesn’t highlight the ‘glamour’ of the premier league.

Palace (example) have brilliant home support, and are more established. They are definitely a bigger attraction, even on less wages.

IMO Bournemouth are a hard sell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I agree that there are many other factors other than money.

For a team like Bournemouth, the stadium has to be a negative.

Playing in front of 20,000 at Ashton Gate, to suddenly 13,000 at Bournemouth doesn’t highlight the ‘glamour’ of the premier league.

Where do you get the extra 3k from ?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I could live with that hardship if I was paid £50k per week. Life’s hard if you’re a professional footballer. 

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Could he just have been watching his old club? 

Not if he’s a paid employee of another club. He was there for a reason. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tin said:

Rob Newman was there today. I wonder if West Ham might be about to enter the picture, although he could’ve been watching Scott and/or Brereton-Diaz.

Noticed that myself & did hear Antonio could be on his way out at West Ham. So a possible similar replacement? COYR 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tin said:

Rob Newman was there today. I wonder if West Ham might be about to enter the picture, although he could’ve been watching Scott and/or Brereton-Diaz.

Forgot to add that Walshie was a special guess of the former players, so maybe business and pleasure?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Street red said:

Like to know what Bournemouths turnover is.

TV money at PL level and Parachute Payments when if they drop back down will make up a major proportion. Most recently released accounts were Covid impacted 2020-21, guess 2018-19 was the closest comparison TV money aside until last season's are out.

End of March, early April we should know more they are due by then.

9 hours ago, Bobbie said:

If it’s sustainable! Relegation wouldn’t sustain the earnings. However his agent would advise. 

12 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Just did a quick Google search, didn’t realise the capacity is actually only 11,000.

I always new the stadium was small, but not that small.

I hope I haven’t always been overcompensating when it comes to numbers….

Yes, 10,500 you play in front of down there. In the Prem. They have only averaged 13,000 or more over a season three times in their history, and the last time they managed this was 1950. Small club, Bournemouth, but they "found a way" to get to the top with L1 support.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yes, 10,500 you play in front of down there. In the Prem. They have only averaged 13,000 or more over a season three times in their history, and the last time they managed this was 1950. Small club, Bournemouth, but they "found a way" to get to the top with L1 support.

Owned by a mate of Putin + cheating FFP = success for the “fairytale story of Bournemouth’s rise” as Sky often like to call it..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

They’re a L1 or L2 club, historically, and that’s exactly where they should be. It annoys me that they cherry pick our best players, it should be the other way around.

If I was Antoine, I wouldn’t entertain an offer from a relegation-threatened club like them if he wants to be playing PL football next season. 

• Like 1