IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

I think the summer is the best option for all parties if he is going. 

Another 6-10 goals and 3-5 assists will maintain his value, and if he is to achieve that he will be demonstrating his fitness too. 

More clubs will be interested in the Summer which again is better for us and Antoine.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I have never understood how journalists could find out that a club is 'considering' making an offer for a player.

It's really common in transfer rumours. 

I get how an offer can be leaked, but the consideration of an offer? Does that leak even help anyone?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think the summer is the best option for all parties if he is going. 

Another 6-10 goals and 3-5 assists will maintain his value, and if he is to achieve that he will be demonstrating his fitness too. 

More clubs will be interested in the Summer which again is better for us and Antoine.

Not convinced. He will be in final year of contract with NO INTENTION of signing a new deal, he is still young and bigger clubs would be prepared to wait 12 months where he could further improve at this level, and then be more ready for the Premier League. The offers we get in the summer, will reflect more whats left on his contract than his actual worth. The price now is based on getting him now, where he enters a decent contract and they are buying an in form player, who is improving and can make the step up for a respectable fee. He is value now at 10m, which is why clubs will take a chance, he is not value at 10m in the summer into his final year of contract. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I have never understood how journalists could find out that a club is 'considering' making an offer for a player.

I get how an offer can be leaked, but the consideration of an offer? Does that leak even help anyone?

Would imagine its more an agent saying to journo's X is still very much available and wants a move this window, make that clear to your contacts at your clubs. They then mention to their contact agent has said player X is very much available, does it interest you.

And so on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

That particular journo is very pally with Nige's agent, for what it's worth, was the first to run the story of him coming here.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Semenyo is the only player we have capable of playing left inside forward and is the main component of a 4-3-3. If 4-3-3 is the reason we are better (it isn't, in my opinion, we've been good for most of the season but haven't scored when on top and make too many costly errors, but that's another thread) then Semenyo is worth more to the team and club than any transfer fee we can bring in.

Lose Semenyo then we have no real option but to revert back to 352 (need Conway fit) unless we can find a replacement. But as you can see from the replacement thread, there's next to nothing out there that is realistic. 

Semenyo seems like a kid who has passion, drive and ambition. If a move falls through just watch him batter championship defenses for the rest of the season and get himself an even better move come the summer. 

And we should just enjoy him whilst he's here. Because he's flipping brilliant. 

Sykes can play on the left, he is both footed, and you could play Weimann/Wells on the right, with Bell in the middle, vice versa. Also if Sykes goes on the left, Scott could go on the right. Dare I say even Andy King could play left or right inside forward. Semenyo may be the best option, but he is not the ONLY option.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

All about two things - pressure on the selling club and pandering to the buying clubs fanbase.

In respect of Antoine, I think Palace would be a really good move for him. They have a record of buying players from this level and aren’t a Bournemouth who are in danger of going down. The way they play I think also plays to his strengths. Add in the London factor and I can see him wanting this one - so a bid in the £12m region is more likely to be pressured to be accepted.

Notably, Percy has quoted the rejected bids so if he is, as assumed, ITK here it misses the expectations for Palace to have to pay more.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Not convinced. He will be in final year of contract with NO INTENTION of signing a new deal, he is still young and bigger clubs would be prepared to wait 12 months where he could further improve at this level, and then be more ready for the Premier League. The offers we get in the summer, will reflect more whats left on his contract than his actual worth. The price now is based on getting him now, where he enters a decent contract and they are buying an in form player, who is improving and can make the step up for a respectable fee. He is value now at 10m, which is why clubs will take a chance, he is not value at 10m in the summer into his final year of contract. 

I think the 2 things balance each other out, but I see why you'd think that. The question then becomes how many teams are prepared to let another season go by, compared to how many think they need him immediately. 

Another thing, worth considering is where the summer transfer windows sits next season, let's say there are 3 or 4 games before it closes and he bangs in 5  or 6 goals and there are moneyed teams failing to score, does that tip the balance too?

Just now, robinforlife2 said:

Sykes can play on the left, he is both footed, and you could play Weimann/Wells on the right, with Bell in the middle, vice versa. Also if Sykes goes on the left, Scott could go on the right. Dare I say even Andy King could play left or right inside forward. Semenyo may be the best option, but he is not the ONLY option.

Sykes struggles to play an effective ball with his right, let alone his left foot. 
Andy King as Semenyos replacement as left forward = bottom 3.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

No it’s frustrating for fans but for clubs it must drive them mad. Nige said Burnley done it correctly . Bournemouth make of it what you will. The journalist above though when City are mentioned. I do take notice. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Player wants a move to/nearer London. I’m sure he’d jump at the chance to join Palace, would also be a good move for him I think. 

Palace is certainly more of an appeal than Bournemouth who are likely to be relegated. 

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Moving to Palace has always seemed the ideal move for him imo. 

Agree and for us I think.   Will develop him to his potential and then we will hopefully benefit as he progresses further from any sell on in the future. It’s just whether they wanted him.  Appears they do ??

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

add a Dasilva & Kalas to this list too and Bents if the move to Wolves falls through

What’s your solution, then?

Offer all of those who are out of contract pay rises to stay that we can’t afford? I recall you suggested a new 3 year deal for Chris Martin at one point, a bit like that then?

No one is coming in to sign them, apart from Bentley, whose move you appear very keen to doubt (want a bet?).

You used to include Wells in this list of course but we resolved that one.

Gould & Pearson were put in an awful position by Ashton, so I’m really not sure what you are suggesting that we do here.

For what it’s worth I won’t be exactly amazed to see Kalas stay in the summer, on a much lower wage, after 9 months injured he has no chance of getting anyone to offer him anything like what he’s on now, but if he can get better elsewhere then good luck to him.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Okay, let’s assume he’s still here in the summer.

If proposed buying clubs don’t match the club’s evaluation of him (whatever value that is / and it might change over the summer window) then they won’t sell him.  Is Antoine prepared to do a Massengo and not play for a year?  Those clubs will look elsewhere won’t they?  Bournemouth have!

Will be interesting to see whether this latest Palace rumour follows through.

As it stands he is worth a lot to us, hence why we are holding out.

To say we are safe from relegation without him is naive.  Blackpool / Huddersfield was postponed on Saturday.  A winner would’ve meant we were 4 points from safety.  We’re we praying for a draw?

Of course if Antoine does go this window, then we strengthen our squad, but that assumes we can execute on those players.  With 6 days to go that becomes harder and harder and dearer and dearer.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Between Crystal and Palace?  ???

I very much suspect Bournemouth (and Burnley) have moved on (as they’ve signed / about to sign others) and there’s only one team thinking if offering at this point.

you wait until Brighton AND Hove Albion get in on it

• Haha 3

These "links" with Palace, if genuine, would probably be the best move for him to be fair. They play decent football, a system/players that would probably suit his style of play, and you would think are probably less likely to be drawn into a relegation fight. Looking ahead, they also generally buy whilst the players are on the up, and then sell for a bigger price a few years down the line - better for us.

He's going to be gone within the next 18 months or so, the question is when. If we do sell this window, I think that with the current regime they will be making things clear that any deal needs to be done by a certain date, otherwise he's going nowhere until the summer at least. Also think (hope) that a replacement is in the pipelines ready to go, should any deal happen. That's not to say that someone else could come in in the meantime and take said player away from us though....

So if we go on the "stories" being true, we have Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace and Southampton all watching and showing an interest. I think if he's still here on Saturday, what he does when he leaves the pitch will give us a clearer indication of what he is planning on doing for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Between Crystal and Palace?  ???

I very much suspect Bournemouth (and Burnley) have moved on (as they’ve signed / about to sign others) and there’s only one team thinking if offering at this point.

They mentioned Southampton as well tbf  

• Thanks 2