IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

Just now, James54De said:

9+”significant add-ons”, from the Post

Such a joke.   I hope we are telling them to do one with bells on if true.  

Just now, TomF said:

I guess need to weigh up how many of them are realistic.

One of them I’m guessing will be if they stay up - so that’s one off the list! 

• Like 2

He has an increasingly bright future, but i still think it's a bit of a strange purchase for them in their position.

I don't think he'll make any immediate effect for them in the prem. If they go down i'm sure he'll be a great asset to head back up. 

But surely their main january business is to ensure their survival? 

Edited by Sturny

23m ago 11:52

Jackson undergoing second part of Bournemouth medical

Nicolas Jackson is going through the second phase of his Bournemouth medical today as planned, contrary to media reports of a failed medical.

When the club agreed a deal with Villarreal they were aware of a hamstring issue for the player and are conducting further tests to confirm the extent of the injury.

Should these tests throw up something unexpected, the club may revisit the deal but the process they’re currently going through is as planned.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will be a big loss imho.

But it will quickly turn to how do we recruit to improve the squad.

That for me is the key. The squad as a whole need to improve, not just the forward line.

I wonder whether Palace will come in a bit higher now, talksport somewhat forcing their hand. We know this probably came from the Bournemouth end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

That for me is the key. The squad as a whole need to improve, not just the forward line.

I wonder whether Palace will come in a bit higher now, talksport somewhat forcing their hand. We know this probably came from the Bournemouth end.

Complication of course is Conway’s injury & Martin being out in the cold.

Realistically Wells, Weimann & the inexperienced Bell isn’t enough until TC is back.

What yesterday showed though is when we know a deal is happening then we have a plan in place.

If Kalas stays fit & presuming Dasilva doesn’t depart, I actually think we are ok defensively.

Looks like Scott is sticking around so with him, James, Naismith playing in MF, Williams & King as cover, plus Sykes’ versatility we are not too badly served there, either.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

First time for a long long time I’ve been disappointed about a player leaving 

Yeah, totally agree with this.

I can't remember the last time we had a striker with pace and power, and will probably be a long time until we see one again.

• Like 4