IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

£9m is disappointing to me as I was expecting £12m as an absolute minimum as decent forwards have always been more expensive than defenders and midfielders in the main. When you consider what we got for Lloyd Kelly and Josh Brownhill, I am quite surprised.

Clearly Antoinne wants to test himself at a higher level and of course wages will naturally be a big factor too.  I wish him well with his new club and internationally and will be keeping an eye on his progress.

Whilst he has potential, he is not yet the finished product and of course had we been able to keep him, we could have found ourselves with a player with a long term injury a few games further down the road and potentially worthless from a financial perspective.

It will be interesting to see how much of that money we invest in a new forward as he will not be easy to replace.

Will there not be add ons as per the previous offer.

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

£9m is disappointing to me as I was expecting £12m as an absolute minimum as decent forwards have always been more expensive than defenders and midfielders in the main. When you consider what we got for Lloyd Kelly and Josh Brownhill, I am quite surprised.

Clearly Antoinne wants to test himself at a higher level and of course wages will naturally be a big factor too.  I wish him well with his new club and internationally and will be keeping an eye on his progress.

Whilst he has potential, he is not yet the finished product and of course had we been able to keep him, we could have found ourselves with a player with a long term injury a few games further down the road and potentially worthless from a financial perspective.

It will be interesting to see how much of that money we invest in a new forward as he will not be easy to replace.

Worth remembering those deals you mentioned were pre covid, the transfet bubble at our level has well and truly popped. Let's see what the total deal is, if disclosed.  This money could right many of the wrongs our previous regime oversaw. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Worth remembering those deals you mentioned were pre covid, the transfet bubble at our level has well and truly popped. Let's see what the total deal is, if disclosed.  This money could right many of the wrongs our previous regime oversaw. Onwards and upwards.

Was going to say the same thing. It's very difficult to value players now, especially if you're comparing them to pre-covid which was obviously unsustainable.

I wouldn't even really guess a players worth now because it seems pretty random.

• Like 2

People moaning that £9m isn't enough and should easily be double figures, are going by media/journalist speculation.

This afternoon I've seen speculation that includes £9m, £10m, £10.5m, and a multitude of add-ons/bonuses.

Nobody knows outside of the club(s) involved, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it announced as an undisclosed fee, so that we don't give the game away to potential clubs selling us replacements.

Some people need to calm down.

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

38 minutes ago, Taz said:

People moaning that £9m isn't enough and should easily be double figures, are going by media/journalist speculation.

This afternoon I've seen speculation that includes £9m, £10m, £10.5m, and a multitude of add-ons/bonuses.

Nobody knows outside of the club(s) involved, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it announced as an undisclosed fee, so that we don't give the game away to potential clubs selling us replacements.

Some people need to calm down.

Exactly! The club won’t confirm or deny anything. Outside of that it’s just talk 

• Like 1

Good deal. Take it and run! There will always be fans that want more but they don’t really know the market like Gould et al.

If we hadn’t sold in this window, I’d have been worried about it dragging on until the end of the summer window and having clubs hold us to ransom. 

We’ve been desperate for a big ‘sale’ for years. Thank god we’ve finally got one!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I would say his summer injury and subsequent poor form up until December has cost us at least £5m

And cost Semenyo a proper Prem club

What a shame

Think that's spot on.  When he came back and was playing as sub he kept scoring but it took him several months to get back to speed.  He's just about to hit his best form I think.  

Whoever we get to replace him, we will need to adjust quickly as his power and pace have been integral.  I bet his points per game is among the best in the squad.  

• Like 1

Disappointing it has to be said, but the player wanted to go, and if this means that we bring forward the 'steadying of the ship' by 6 months or so as a consequence, then long-term that can only be a good thing.

I know it doesn't change things overnight, but I want to see Pearson lead this team without the restrictions he's had to operate under.

Priority number 1 is just staying up. If we do that, then the flexibility it provides means our business this January will be decent for the future of the club.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

This might not sit well but I think it’s a good deal with 18 months left, but I don’t think he’s a premier league player yet, if Bournemouth are relying on him to score enough to keep them up i believe they will be disappointed (gladly proved wrong) . I’m a big fan of Semenyo and is a good championship player and hope he becomes a huge success, it’s a positive move for him and a life changing salary increase for him and his family. I tend not post controversial points of view as I see enough mud slinging on this forum and refuse to be drawn in,  but just my opinion for what it’s worth. ? 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I tend not post controversial points of view as I see enough mud slinging on this forum and refuse to be drawn in,  but just my opinion for what it’s worth. ? 

So you hate Semenyo, never rated him and you want Holden back as manager?! Unbelievable ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Fair? Fair as in the way Bournemouth cheated their way to the PL and are now taking advantage of being a yo-yo club.

Quite frankly  **** what they think is fair, get as much money as possible, and even then ask for more.

Sorry, please delete this post (my sausage fingers)

27 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

This might not sit well but I think it’s a good deal with 18 months left, but I don’t think he’s a premier league player yet, if Bournemouth are relying on him to score enough to keep them up i believe they will be disappointed (gladly proved wrong) . I’m a big fan of Semenyo and is a good championship player and hope he becomes a huge success, it’s a positive move for him and a life changing salary increase for him and his family. I tend not post controversial points of view as I see enough mud slinging on this forum and refuse to be drawn in,  but just my opinion for what it’s worth. ? 

Agree with this. With the Ouattara deal and then Antoine, looks like a team that expects to go down, so let’s get some talent with plenty of upside potential and if they turn out to be Prem ready and we stay up (1 point off 14th after all) that’s a bonus. If actually panicking and all about staying up, surely £30m would be better spent on a loan fee for a decent talent from a top 6 club and more oven ready, or bringing in an experienced journeyman who might not rip up the Prem, but could get a goal here or there to ensure safety in a very tight league? Very difficult to be confident in Antoine from day one given still looks raw in the Championship, but might be an absolute bargain that could have a Toney-esque impact in the Prem in 24/25. Seems like a sensible deal for all concerned, just not sure it’s quite the “yikes, we gotta stay up” panic that a Jan deal with multiple bids might imply. 

• Like 2