IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The replies to the tweet merely reinforce my long held view that 90% of people who reply to football-related tweets should not be allowed unsupervised access to the internet.

most of the one's I've read are positive and sad to see him go?

I didn't scroll right down to the bottom mind.

2 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

As a season ticket holder I am beginning to think what's the point. Instead of building a team around our best players, we just let them go. Can we have a whole team that go on to better things instead of the odd player?

Think we'd all like to keep our better players, but we can't pay the wages of the other teams that already have top-flight money, and we need the transfer income to hopefully stay within FFP rules, add in the ambitions of players who want to further their careers and it's a blessing that we have staff at an executive level who can sell players at a fair price. 

• Like 5

It's a shame but we probably knew it was coming sooner or later.

Enjoyed watching him develop, enjoyed watching him come back to form this season after some of his mid-season struggles- resilience too arguably when he had his several months out last season but was so productive from Huddersfield at home onwards last season- played himself back into form with the little burst from Coventry away to Blackburn at home.

Wish Antoine well- slightly disappointed wasn't Crystal Palace or even someone like Brentford tbh! Bournemouth again.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

As a season ticket holder I am beginning to think what's the point. Instead of building a team around our best players, we just let them go. Can we have a whole team that go on to better things instead of the odd player?

Semenyo showed no interest in signing a new contract. Absolutely zero and why would he when he could get 40-50k a week at a prem club? 

We had no choice but to sell.

• Like 3

Really disappointed to see him leave but it makes complete sense. A decent fee which releases FFP pressure and allows us to bring 1 or 2 fresh faces in.

We are going to miss his power and direct running, as we don't have anyone else who offers that.

I hope he does well for Bournemouth and helps to keep them in The Prem

24 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

You haven’t been paying attention now have you?

We all sympathise with this sentiment but realistically when Premier league zillions come knocking whose going to say ‘ no, ta’ ? 
If Uncle Steve trousers the lot then we can have a moan but a lot of this cash will be ploughed back into the squad and giving us breathing space for the future.

I suspect you’re on a wind up , if not then there really is no hope for you. 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Robin 1

32 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

£50k a week 

It was never not going to happen