IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

Cracking bit of business, bought for nothing and £10 million made 

I would have preferred 12-15 million as that’s what I had in my own head as a valuation prior to the sale, but I’m no valuation expert 

He would have been sold anyway and if we didn’t have FFP issues would have probably held the on for a bit more, but not in a position to 

Edited by Rossi the Robin
  • Like 2

At the end of the day,so they say,  we have to ignore Media click bait speculation about mega bucks offers. Clubs did not make any attempt to out bid Bournemouth. The market value is what we got. Perhaps if Antoine was a prolific goal scorer we would have got another 5 or 6 million but he isn't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gl2 said:

The money seems to get us no-where, while continously selling off our prized assets to clubs who are no bigger than ourselves? we should be the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Brentford and Fulham plying our trade in the prem and fishing ourselves in the championship.

Why arent we? well you have to look right to the top to find that out, unless we change our build policy we going no-where while "lesser" clubs pass us by. We seem to be getting worse not better the plan aint working.

We missed the boat I’m afraid.  We gambled, we failed. We are having to restart, rebuild, balance the books.  We could be Bradford, Sheffield Wed, Barnsley, Bolton, Charlton, Portsmouth, etc

50 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Cracking bit of business, bought for nothing and £10 million made 

I would have preferred 12-15 million as that’s what I had in my own head as a valuation prior to the sale, but I’m no valuation expert 

He would have been sold anyway and if we didn’t have FFP issues would have probably held the on for a bit more, but not in a position to 

I guess until the accounts come out it’s gonna be hard to know what the fee was.  It wouldn’t surprise me if Nige’s comments last week re Bournemouth-side leaking stuff was pointed…and they were told to keep negotiations out if the media.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the fee is a bit higher than media are suggesting, and it works in our favour and Bournemouth’s if it’s out there as something less than it actually is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What happens if The Muff get relegated, does that mean Antoine has to take a pay cut? Bit of a precarious move for him imo, BM are a club that could easily fall back into obscurity if things don't go according to planned if they are in champ next season. Would he have something written into his contract stipulating he's allowed to leave?

6 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

What happens if The Muff get relegated, does that mean Antoine has to take a pay cut? Bit of a precarious move for him imo, BM are a club that could easily fall back into obscurity if things don't go according to planned if they are in champ next season. Would he have something written into his contract stipulating he's allowed to leave?

He’d still be on more than we would ever have offered him, and with parachute payments they’ll be challenging for automatic promotion while we fumble about in mid table (assuming we stay up).

As much as I want them to I can’t see Bournemouth falling into obscurity in the short term, there’s too much money available to relegated Prem clubs to stop that happening.

18 hours ago, Will b11 said:

Was speaking to a close friend of semenyo today, apparently he wanted palace but the club had the final choice and they chose Bournemouth due to them providing the better offer 

Final choice is still with Semenyo. He didn’t have to go. Nicolo Zaniolo has decided against joining Bournemouth, despite Roma and Bournemouth agreeing a fee. Roma are well pissed off though!! 

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Final choice is still with Semenyo. He didn’t have to go. Nicolo Zaniolo has decided against joining Bournemouth, despite Roma and Bournemouth agreeing a fee. Roma are well pissed off though!! 

Not surprised he turned that down, imagine the despair of moving from Roma to Bournemouth. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

If the lad wanted a move to a Pemier League team and the only offer the club accepted was from Bournemouth then I suppose he may have felt that he didn't have much of a choice. But yes, he could've stayed which I feel would've been the wrong decision for him.

It wasn't long ago he was set to join Chelsea for £2m. Whilst he may not have got the move to Chelsea in the end, he is now contracted to a Premier League club and it sounds as though it has worked out well for us too, considering what he could've gone to Chelsea for. Either way, not bad for a chap spotted on a 5-a-side pitch.

Best of luck to him, the door opens for another of our prospects which is evidence the model is working.

Edited by bcfcape91
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:
Meanwhile they also believe that we are signing Harry Connick jr as his replacement. I flipping hate football fans.

That would be a long running joke that from when he was part of our youth team and we were hoping he might develop into a player for us.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Bournemouth are a nothing club, no bigger than Gillingham, Walsall or Colchester. They’ll soon be back in their rightful place in League 1.

Been hearing that since 2014.

You might be right and we end up back in L1. Makes no odds to me as the PL isn't actually that much fun to be in, I'll still be watching no matter where we are. You're currently in the most enjoyable league (believe it or not). We'll see though. The new American owner is talking a big game about finally building a stadium that will meet the demand.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Not surprised he turned that down, imagine the despair of moving from Roma to Bournemouth. ?

Poor Matias Vina. However will he cope. Hopefully we can wow him with exciting tours of our extensive collections of retirement homes. One of two footballers like that kind of thing. Well, one anyway.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Where would a player go to play, could have the best facilities in world football but a player will pick the most money in a better league every time. 

Absolutely. 
We just have to be that club in the higher league. 
We have sorted the facilities - it’s the league position that we have failed to sort despite multiple managers and £millions. 

On 25/01/2023 at 11:10, GrahamC said:

Wonder if they would be prepared to recall Rak-Sakyi from his loan at Charlton & then send him to us to sweeten the deal?

He’s not physically as strong as Antoine (few his age are) but he’s a decent player & it means we would immediately have the replacement we would need with Conway out long term & Martin out of favour?

Just reading the Bournemouth match report and sounds like Semenyo had a good game and was unlucky not to score…

‘Semenyo's tremendous solo run midway through the second period deserved a better outcome - but the former Bristol City player was thwarted by Estupinan's block.’

He’s also scored 6.80/10 in the Beeb’s ratings. Almost a full point more than any other Bournemouth player (for context, Brightons match winner Mitoma got 8.1).

Look forward to MOTD later. Well done Antoine!

• Like 10

I was at the Brighton game today and didn't think he was all that, in fact Bournemouth were pretty poor with 8 behind the ball and waiting for the counter.

His first touch was poor and he should have set the other player up after his run but all round looked fairly average..

• Hmmm 1