IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

This shows where we are as a club. 

It's in a sorry state.

One that's willing to sell not only a key asset. But one that is virtually unreplaceable in terms of what he brings. In the middle of the season, when we are scraping results at the bottom half of the table. 

Dire. We are in a mess. I think its time the lansdowns went. The quicker, the better. 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's in a sorry state.

One that's willing to sell not only a key asset. But one that is virtually unreplaceable in terms of what he brings. In the middle of the season, when we are scraping results at the bottom half of the table. 

Dire. We are in a mess. I think its time the lansdowns went. The quicker, the better. 

Utter bollocks.

1.5 years left on his contract with an average goal scoring record. £10 mil is excellent business that we can reinvest….you clearly don’t understand how this game works.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's in a sorry state.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth....

• Like 6

Was great watching Antoine go from raw prospect to one of the most dynamic attackers (on his day) in the league .  We don’t get to see many players in that mould. Loved watching him . Last 18 months or so , soon as he had the ball we had that anticipation he make could  something happen .

It’s probably been said in one of the previous 87 pages (!), but huge huge credit to Tins, the academy, Nige and coaches for taking a raw prospect college kid into a premier league footballer in 6 or so years . That’s a massive achievement and shows how good out academy is right now .  Hope they keep em coming….

• Like 3

The end of the day. This is a club going nowhere fast. 

Whilst we watch other clubs get away with **** knows what ie Bournemouth. 

We need new ownership. 

How much of that will we get for new players? My guess is not much.

And how can you even replace somebody like Semenyo? You can't. So to sell him in January is not only baffling, it's a Hitler esque shooting oneself in the foot. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

We need new ownership. 

And how can you even replace somebody like Semenyo? You can't. So to sell him in January is not only baffling, it's a Hitler esque shooting oneself in the foot. 

Hitler?!?!

• Haha 3

We need new ownership. 

Are you ok?

Good luck to you all.

Enjoy tossing off to former players while we build an average league 1 team then demand the manager sacked for losing. 

So much fun. So much ambition.

Love that you are all ok with us selling our best players. Enjoy. 

In January no less. When we are in a relegation battle ???  **** me. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's in a sorry state.

So you think we should have just allowed him to wind his contract down and then leave on a free? 

• Like 5

Just now, Atticus said:

Good luck to you all.

Enjoy tossing off to former players while we build an average league 1 team then demand the manager sacked for losing. 

He's got a move just let it go, you're telling me you'd turn down a job if they offered you a ridiculous amount more... 

Believe in the process, it hurts when we lose a class player but you can't hold someone back

We have an amazing academy, I just hope we have more of these moments 

• Like 3

Good luck to you all.

Grow up

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Good luck to you all.

I know it's shit to see a good player go, I hate it as well. But until it changes either through our promotion or outside forces, it's what happens. There are ways you can help make that change.

Whenever you think of Bournemouth or Brighton or Brentford, think also of Oldham, Swindon, Derby, Bolton. Teams rise and fall and their circumstances change. 

Finally...relegation battle? Are you serious?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We need new ownership. 

You have a certain level of validity in your argument on one level but it doesn't fully reflect the reality of the situation.

Cornick would be a useful replacement should we get him, maybe we can sign a PL loanee or 2 as well cost permitting.

Plus we aren't going down. We'll get someone in and injuries seem to be on our side finally. Kalas and Weimann not far away, shame about Wilson, Benarous and Conway of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We need new ownership. 

Actually maybe it's this one, as everyone knows Hitler was famous for dying by shooting himself in the foot

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Slack said:

He's got a move just let it go, you're telling me you'd turn down a job if they offered you a ridiculous amount more... 

Believe in the process, it hurts when we lose a class player but you can't hold someone back

We have an amazing academy, I just hope we have more of these moments 

One door has slammed shut on Semenyo and another one opens for Sam Bell. That’s the way football works and the kid will never get a better chance to show his worth. To those season ticket holders who can’t or won’t see that’s the way it works at our club given past spending there’s no explaining it to you. Probably better off doing something else on a Saturday if you are expecting us to be turning bids down and “showing more ambition”.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's in a sorry state.

News flash we are not the biggest football team in the world, the way football works is bigger (or should I say Premier League) clubs buy players from smaller (non premier league) clubs.  We then buy players from smaller clubs (e.g. Matty Taylor) and then bigger clubs buy our players.  Even Man Utd have their players bought from them by Real Madrid.  It's the way it works, and the way it's always worked.  It doesn't show a lack of ambition at all, it's just the natural order of football.  

• Like 3

It’s a shame to lose Semenyo. 

But it was also a shame to lose Webster, Kelly, Pack, Brownhill… the list goes on. 

Bristol City will continue to see their (our) best players leave for ‘better times’ until we play in the Premiership ourselves. 

I consider ourselves a ‘bigger’ club than Bournemouth, Brentford and at least the same size as Palace and Brighton in the current Premiership. One day we will (could) be poaching their best players too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Slack Bladder said:

As a season ticket holder I am beginning to think what's the point. Instead of building a team around our best players, we just let them go. Can we have a whole team that go on to better things instead of the odd player?

I would expect a season ticket holder of their local non Premiership club to understand how football works outside the Prem before buying their season ticket.

It's just going to make me laugh, when we are going to have the same people demanding Pearson being sacked when we look turgid again.

Good luck boys. Keeping us up this season and next will be the miracle. Imo he'd deserve manager of the season if it happens. 

We all know deep down who the problems are at the club. 

It will just be amusing if we see posters demanding him go when this is what he is working with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's just going to make me laugh, when we are going to have the same people demanding Pearson being sacked when we look turgid again.

Good luck boys. Keeping us up this season and next will be the miracle. Imo he'd deserve manager of the season if it happens. 

We all know deep down who the problems are at the club. 

It will just be amusing if we see posters demanding him go when this is what he is working with.

He would not of signed a contract and the club would end up losing him on a free. 

Edited by johnheadbcfc