IGNORED

Fighting at Cricket...

spudski

On 13/07/2022 at 22:34, spudski said:

I understand your point...but what I'm really refering to, is the day to day experience. 

Just standards. Everyday standards. Things that affect us daily. 

Manners, lack of respect, no thought for anyone else, how ones actions would affect others. Aggression, no self control, no patience etc, etc, etc.

It is more common these days sadly...across all generations.

Standards have dropped. In general.

What does encourage me though, is not all is lost.

There are still those that have standards and have been brought up well...or have done so off their own accord.

My friend employs 6 under 20's, who are some of the most intelligent and respectful driven young adults I've ever met. I meet them most days and they always amaze me in some way or other.

Total respect to their parents. 

So there is hope. 

I recently saw a half eaten burger and it's wrapper come flying out of a car window. I picked it up and threw it with some force back at the man in the car, the burger struck him on the shoulder and splattered Source and grease all over his white t shirt. He must've been late fifties. He got out his car and chased me down the street making all kinds of threats and turning the air blue with some horrific language. This was on a Sunday morning and there were plenty of families with kids in the church car park who witnessed the whole thing.

So yes bad behaviour is around and often it comes from older people who should know better.

• Like 1

I agree with @spudski, things are getting worse: I'm currently watching 'The Railway Children,' a charming depiction of Edwardian life. I look forward to seeing the sequel at the pictures any day soon. Now, where I concur with spud is that when they come to make 'The Railway Children III' in 2070, they'll set it in 1977 or 1983 and the little ****ers will be lobbing bricks at the High Speed 125 and making vulgar hand signals to the yuppies on board in business class. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

I recently saw a half eaten burger and it's wrapper come flying out of a car window. I picked it up and threw it with some force back at the man in the car, the burger struck him on the shoulder and splattered Source and grease all over his white t shirt. He must've been late fifties. He got out his car and chased me down the street making all kinds of threats and turning the air blue with some horrific language. This was on a Sunday morning and there were plenty of families with kids in the church car park who witnessed the whole thing.

So yes bad behaviour is around and often it comes from older people who should know better.

I had a cycling event starting in long Ashton this morning - my wife dropped me off so we drove through town, i have never in my life seen so much litter on the streets, it was disgusting, it was everywhere. 

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

I had a cycling event starting in long Ashton this morning - my wife dropped me off so we drove through town, i have never in my life seen so much litter on the streets, it was disgusting, it was everywhere. 

Lucky I wasn't in. If I'd seen you and your ******* peloton, I'd have mown you all down 

5 hours ago, Rob k said:

Harbour festival. It’s always a horrific mess afterwards.  Amazes me how many people still litter. 

5 hours ago, Rob k said:

Harbour festival. 60,000 odd in one area will always make a mess.