IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

We have seen in recent weeks, in fact, most of the season, that there really is no need to play a target man.  I was brought up on Neville and Riley, two smaller, energetic forwards who made up for lack of inches with endeavour and smart movement.  So I’ve never subscribed to “must have a target man”.

Same for me and although that appears to be the way we are going, you can’t beat a bit of Taylor & Turner every now and then ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SBB said:

NP did say he was looking for an attacking midfielder before Semenyo left. Maybe Cornick is the midfielder and Mehmeti the replacement for Semenyo?

An alternative may be that Sykes and/or Weimann are the attacking midfielders and that bringing in both Cornick and Mehmeti provides the options up-front to allow either to play in a number 8 or 10 role. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I can see this one being done. 

Can't see Luton wanting to play ball with us after how salty they got when Naismith joined us. Which was actually down to a lack of communication between their own manager and club rather than anything we or Naismith did. 

I think their dislike of us goes back to the Tony Thorpe days.

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm not sure if I can see this one being done. 

Can't see Luton wanting to play ball with us after how salty they got when Naismith joined us. Which was actually down to a lack of communication between their own manager and club rather than anything we or Naismith did. 

I think their dislike of us goes back to the Tony Thorpe days.

He’s out of contract in the summer, they’re a little bit powerless really. Would be in their best interest if we put a bid in 

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They could just not accept a bid from us and sell to Swansea instead.

They could but club are businesses first and foremost. I doubt the club bear a grudge in the way that fans do. Palace and us were at each other's throats at the point we sold them Bolasie but it didn't stop us doing a deal with them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Probably means nothing but the agency Cornick is under has a few familiar names to us on their books. 

Mawson 

Owura Edwards

James Taylor

Zac Smith

Opi Edwards

James Morton

Jake Andrews

And Dean Gerken.

So it's clear we've had quite a lot of dealings with that small agency which can only help us in this transfer. Especially as Gerken is now on our coaching staff.

His partner is from Bristol too so you'd think that'll aid in any decision making...

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

What bugs me is that if a deal is done just announce it. Don’t care for photo shoots or boring interviews holding up announcements.

If we were signing Lionel Messi I’d understand a bit of fanfare

Agreed. For all we know the deals could of been done 2 hours ago but they’re doing some silly photo shoot ? just announce it 

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

It's a key element of the business model for most companies now. Engagement. It drives sales and interest. My wife runs her own little business and she spends more time on Instagram driving interest and engagement with her products than she does making them. 

I get the frustration, but a football club has limited opportunities to boost its profile. Transfers are a key element. It's just the way it is. No more ceefax rumours page...

You can still do all that stuff. Just announce you’ve signed the player first. That’s engagement!

6 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

You can still do all that stuff. Just announce you’ve signed the player first. That’s engagement!

The club will announce deals at a time when they will get more online traction, 11:30am isn’t that time.

As long as the player has signed the contract, does it really matter if we have to wait for the announcement? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Nope, it really isn't. There's an optimum time to release things. 

There's plenty of tangible benefits for the club (and every other club for that matter) doing things the way they do that far outrank the impatience of a bloke on a forum. Sorry to break it to you. 

In times of online impact, yes. 5-9pm is the golden hours. Expect announcements at 5,6,7 and 8pm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1