IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

33 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I thought had not long back signed a new reduced contract 

Sorry what I meant was for some games you might rotate a bit, Weimann through the middle, Sykes wide right and Cornick wide left, other games Sykes either out or in midfield, Weimann wide right, Wells through the middle and Cornick wide left.

Squad game after all..or obviously as with now but Cornick for Semenyo.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Could run and run

Could yeah. Would be interesting to see how it goes, what would we do in Luton's position I wonder.

6 months left, chasing playoffs- okay financial position, Cornick not been so productive this year but impressive before that.

What would we do...or would we back ourselves to get a swift replacement- Bree sold but Drameh on loan, Jerome released.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could yeah. Would be interesting to see how it goes, what would we do in Luton's position I wonder.

6 months left, chasing playoffs- okay financial position, Cornick not been so productive this year but impressive before that.

What would we do...or would we back ourselves to get a swift replacement- Bree sold but Drameh on loan, Jerome released.

We would keep him as on a minimal wage.

8 hours ago, mozo said:

To be fair it's pretty accurate!

Probably already been pointed out in the interim, but accurate other than that we generally don't see ourselves as any kind of sleeping giant at all and the vast majority of us are very well aware of, and pretty content with, our (admittedly comfortably higher middle echelon) status in the pyramid 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It would depend on Animation Money GIF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That Crewe game was the one when John Ward went into the Atyeo corner and then along the walkway of the Dolman before the game shaking hands with fans and asking for support.

Remember it well as I was one of them.

It certainly worked in that game, the City team and fans inspired by Colin Cramb from the first minute irrc., but of course he was sacked about a month later.

I thought that was a Friday night home to Bolton when wardy came into the Atyeo next day he was gone 

8 minutes ago, leadman said:

currently have 2 fit strikers and one of those is sam bell.

distinct lack of physicality up top, even after weiman and conway(way off) return.

we need 2 in, cornick and a target man on loan should be our minimum requirement's.

only 6 points above the drop remember.   

Do we if Pearson is set on playing 433? 

I'd say we need someone that can play on the left more tbh. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Do we if Pearson is set on playing 433? 

I'd say we need someone that can play on the left more tbh. 

With Conway out for a while yet we have no competition / different type of option off the bench suited to the central striker role. Given our precarious position, I think it’s pretty important we look to get someone in to fill that role and someone who can play on the left. 

5 hours ago, leadman said:

currently have 2 fit strikers and one of those is sam bell.

distinct lack of physicality up top, even after weiman and conway(way off) return.

we need 2 in, cornick and a target man on loan should be our minimum requirement's.

only 6 points above the drop remember.   

Martin is fit, but we are choosing not to select him.

If he’s still here by February 1st we may have to compromise if we get further injuries or suspensions.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Martin is fit, but we are choosing not to select him.

If he’s still here by February 1st we may have to compromise if we get further injuries or suspensions.

I think it’s pretty evident that he won’t play for us again - didn’t even make the bench for the FA Cup replay when we had spaces to fill

Bridges totally burnt between him and NP?

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

I think it’s pretty evident that he won’t play for us again - didn’t even make the bench for the FA Cup replay when we had spaces to fill

Why does there always have to be a conspiracy? Could just be that he's surplus to requirements and looking for a new team.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Obvious we are trying to get him to leave before the window closes & Pearson doesn’t appear to change his mind on older players (Klose too) once he’s made a decision.

It is not impossible though that say we only bring 1 player in next week, Conway’s injury looks to me to mean he’s going to struggle to play too much more this season & should we then lose another through injury or suspension that we are short.

In these specific circumstances & depending on how we are doing in the league he could possibly come back into contention.

Unlikely, I admit, I don’t see any circumstances in which Klose or Massengo feature though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, M.D said:

I have a feeling its contractual reasons with Martin and HNM, Martin is a contract extension with appearances and with HNM, a fee to Monaco after 100 games.

People seem to love to keep saying this conspiracy (seen it posted on Twitter now as well) but HNM has already played over 100 games all in….

B44CC934-668D-4027-8B83-74487AA13E32.jpeg

AF93B874-59C2-4859-B456-4F68112675E8.jpeg