IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Some of them really don't like us, do they?

They really do have a bee in their bonnet regarding us.. to be fair I've seen alot of our fans questioning why Semenyo is going to a 'small club' like Bournemouth. I think its just the usual melodramatic response from fans added with some spite because of nicking Naismith before.

• Like 3

People may be hoping (so do I) that we look to sign a strong/quick player to replace Semenyo (or at least those attributes) but I’m glad we are going for someone like Cornick - someone with some trickery and ability to get past players, it’s something we are lacking with this team, genuine creativity and inventiveness 

I think their jealousy goes back to 1989 when City lost very narrowly in the league cup semi final 2-1 over 210 minutes to Nottingham Forest while Luton lost limply 3-1 to the same opponents over just 90 minutes (so would've been 7-2 over 210 minutes) in the final. And, to rub it in even more, Luton's solitary goal was scored by ex City striker Mick Harford. 

Wow some of them need to remember where they were a few years ago. A season or two in the Championship, and a very good run a few years ago, they seem to think they're on par with Liverpool!!!

We have underachieved for years, but at least we know it!!

Edited by Taz
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm always pleasantly surprised when other teams' fans have that much of an opinion on us. I always worry that our lack of on the pitch success means we're a little bit of middling club who other clubs' fans aren't really arsed about either way. So I always find it quite pleasing to find out we're actually succeeding at something enough to make other fans dislike us! 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, brad blit said:

People may be hoping (so do I) that we look to sign a strong/quick player to replace Semenyo (or at least those attributes) but I’m glad we are going for someone like Cornick - someone with some trickery and ability to get past players, it’s something we are lacking with this team, genuine creativity and inventiveness 

I've heard that we were targeting two players, Cornick being one and a more physical option! (Don't know who but won't be a huge fee if we do it!)

Obviously with the Semenyo funds and wages cleared up such as Bentley and hopefully some others gives us a tiny bit more wriggle room without being able to massively splash the cash!

55 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I'm not sure if this is where you got your info from but a Luton fan on their forum has also said this.

https://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/thread/1674813324.html

⬇️⬇️⬇️

52 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

37 minutes ago, hollydog said:

They do seem unnecessarily bitter but some of the comments regarding us as a club - footballer’s graveyard, massive underachievers - are painfully close to the bone. 

You beat me to it.  Typically as a Tier2/Tier3 “straddles” we’ve attracted the wrong type of player…and graveyard is a good term.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super said:

Steve Neville was better....

Not having that. I remember the "I saw Steve Neville score" badges...!!!

TBF though, once he broke his duck, (was it 13 games to get off the mark..?) him and Glyn were a very good partnership.

Part of The Fab 4 with Walsh and Pritchard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Last season:

EE255C31-81E3-49EF-B13E-41EEEE6BB546.thumb.jpeg.a12eb39b37bfdb184b015f9f095951a8.jpeg

This season:

0269E281-BCF8-46BB-A12A-4115C60E3428.thumb.jpeg.45548709369db5449d5297924a1fa90f.jpeg
He is a what I could call a “team forward”, or has been throughout his career.  Last season was a good season, 0.42 goals per 90 / game.  He’s had limited minutes this season but fits Luton’s high tempo game.  Nige wants more intensity too.

We will have to wait and see (if he signs) how much he can bring to our forward line…but gut feel is he’d do a load of donkey work for others to gain from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Last season:

EE255C31-81E3-49EF-B13E-41EEEE6BB546.thumb.jpeg.a12eb39b37bfdb184b015f9f095951a8.jpeg

This season:

0269E281-BCF8-46BB-A12A-4115C60E3428.thumb.jpeg.45548709369db5449d5297924a1fa90f.jpeg
He is a what I could call a “team forward”, or has been throughout his career.  Last season was a good season, 0.42 goals per 90 / game.  He’s had limited minutes this season but fits Luton’s high tempo game.  Nige wants more intensity too.

We will have to wait and see (if he signs) how much he can bring to our forward line…but gut feel is he’d do a load of donkey work for others to gain from.

He likes a through ball! 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Last season:

This season:

Yes, that's the one thing I picked up on with NP....saying any forward would have to be able to our high intensity.

This where I wonder where Palmer Holden would fit in the future.

Cornick for 300k would surely signal very good business. That's not even the Semenyo money, that's the bloody Towler/Bentley money! He's hard working and industrious which fits our forward mould and knows where the net is. Lots of experience at this level too. Hope this one goes through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair it's pretty accurate!

Sadly, yes. Only bit I would quibble with is that we all see ourselves as a sleeping giant. A solid medium sized club would meet most of our own views. Not to say we don't wish for more of course, but I think most of us are pretty realistic about what we have been post WW2.

Our biggest advantage over them, is well, we do not have to go home to Luton... 

• Haha 5