IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Here’s hoping he goes to Swansea and we get someone decent enough to replace Semenyo! I get £9m needs to balance the books but a chunk of that needs to be reinvested in the playing squad.

How has it come to us looking at Luton’s fringe players ffs!

Maybe because Luton are quite good currently?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Here’s hoping he goes to Swansea and we get someone decent enough to replace Semenyo! I get £9m needs to balance the books but a chunk of that needs to be reinvested in the playing squad.

The Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson time authorised by the owners, its fairly easy to understand and has been explained on here a lot..

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You should be in charge.

Just now, M.D said:

The Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson time authorised by the owners, its fairly easy to understand and has been explained on here a lot..

But we are getting a decent windfall, surely a million of that is for reinvestment.

Cant wait to sell Scott for £25m in the summer and sign Lansbury as his replacement!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Expect Bournemouth fans are saying the same 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But we are getting a decent windfall, surely a million of that is for reinvestment.

Cant wait to sell Scott for £25m in the summer and sign Lansbury as his replacement!

As Pearson said in his last media release yesterday, the times of City spending millions has gone, for now.

They need to balance the books, sort out FFP and then move forward. It will be a bit easier in the summer but not great.

Were building the club now, painful, but it will be fruitful in the long term..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Expect Bournemouth fans are saying the same 

Undoubtedly. I see Semenyo signing for them more to do with playing in the championship next season. He isn’t a player going to save them from relegation. But it’s a step up for him and a learning.

The fact people are happy with Cornick coming in as his replacement really does show where we are at currently.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Undoubtedly. I see Semenyo signing for them more to do with playing in the championship next season. He isn’t a player going to save them from relegation. But it’s a step up for him and a learning.

The fact people are happy with Cornick coming in as his replacement really does show where we are at currently.

No argument with that,it is exactly where we are,we are up sheet creak without a paddle regarding finances,if people think we are going to blast away 2-3 million then they don’t understand 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Phillips scored their goal, Welch saved a penalty from him & about 5 others that should have gone in.

Remember the novelty at the time of being on Sky & pretty sure @77 punk and I went on a post match drinking session to celebrate..

A then colleague and good friend of mine is a Sunderland season ticket holder and invited me to the match because I happened to be in  the NE. I sat next to him on halfway surrounded by Macams. Phillips’ pen was saved then Anderson thumped home a screamer. On both occasions I barely moved a muscle but when I got back to the car, I sat in the car park, windows and doors tightly closed, shouting my ‘kin head off! What a good night!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

A then colleague and good friend of mine is a Sunderland season ticket holder and invited me to the match because I happened to be in  the NE. I sat next to him on halfway surrounded by Macams. Phillips’ pen was saved then Anderson thumped home a screamer. On both occasions I barely moved a muscle but when I got back to the car, I sat in the car park, windows and doors tightly closed, shouting my ‘kin head off! What a good night!

A93BD63A-7FF0-415F-9F32-DE23403648C9.gif.48e02f7d9f21b984934e0f78c65e43e5.gif

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You obviously don’t read or listen to any interviews with NP or Gould then . WE HAVE NO MONEY 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Ahhh that 97/98 season (I think). Thanks for the memories boys. It was a rubbish season ultimately but it had such great potential. I still remember it with fondness for some bizarre reason. Loads of foreigners signed - I really thought we were gonna make it! ?

That was my first season.

I recall a Gate Post in that game v Wolves. Basically said exciting future, lots of new overseas playees and a coach, new ground at Hengrove Park etc. PL status the aim.

Despite scoring first we proceeded to lose 6-1 at home, at home, v managerless Wolves! What a start for Benny that 1st  month was, Tora disaster albeit disaster mainly in opening 2 games.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That was my first season.

I recall a Gate Post in that game v Wolves. Basically said exciting future, lots of new overseas playees and a coach, new ground at Hengrove Park etc. PL status the aim.

Despite scoring first we proceeded to lose 6-1 at home, at home, v managerless Wolves! What a start for Benny that 1st  month was, Tora disaster albeit disaster mainly in opening 2 games.

Ahhh… the wolf and the three pigs game! And David ******* Connelly. Don’t remember it at all. ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

‘Now trust’ at the end of this makes me think the club have already sorted something out, or at the very least know exactly what they want 

Think that’s aimed at Antoine. As is now trust in your ability. 

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nige said yesterday that no-one is a replacement for Semenyo.

How true

I understand the finances but it is disappointing that guy filling Semenyo's place is not an up and coming excitement from League One but this lad who cannot get in Luton's team

A up and coming lad,we have them coming through our academy so why spend over the odds for them when money is tight 

• Like 8

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

A up and coming lad,we have them coming through our academy so why spend over the odds for them when money is tight 

Indeed. In Sam Bell and Tommy Conway we have our ‘up and coming’ replacements. As you said no need to be buying other peoples young talent when we have our own.
Our academy is finally producing some top quality talent as has been proven over the last few years.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Indeed. In Sam Bell and Tommy Conway we have our ‘up and coming’ replacements. As you said no need to be buying other peoples young talent when we have our own.
Our academy is finally producing some top quality talent as has been proven over the last few years.

They’re defo not ready to be regulars and starting all the time. We defo need a replacement if not 2 this window

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

It looks like Nige is going towards a 433 in the longterm so we don't really need to bring in a striker as a replacement. We need someone who can play on the left cos we are lacking in that area. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Or for some games, you could go Sykes wide right, Weimann in the middle and Cornick on the left, there are options- it can be flexible and fluid.

Not saying Wells must be jettisoned or anything but the system or personnel can be tweaked a bit bit with the same basic framework.

I thought had not long back signed a new reduced contract 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1