IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

19 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hmmm.

Merely "delighted" rather than "buzzing" to be here. No mention of how massive the club is. However he does say he can't wait to get started.

Not as strong an opening 15 seconds as Mehmeti.

Bonus point for mentioning a "whirlwind 24 hours" though.

Listen to the 90min interview and you will realise that he is not your typical pro saying all the expected and insincere buzzwords.

As Fevs notes, not a product of the academy system and he seems all the better for it, that is from his development perspective, although I agree that for most the academy is the way to go.

Edited by zippycar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Give this a listen, seriously, not your normal pro with Academy background.  I’m about 30 mins in, and although you can’t judge a player from an interview, this really is a fantastic insight into him.

Thanks for sharing.

It's a very unusual story! The secret to his success is not being ambitious ?

The fact that he could only do 10 kick ups when he was a young player makes me feel so much better about myself!

• Like 1

The major point that I got from that superb interview, is that he grew up loving football but with an ordinary life alongside like most of us.

So until he was between childhood and a young adult,  football wasn't the be all of his life. It makes me wonder if a life of Academy football from 8 or 9 years is the best way to develop the pros of tomorrow.

I can see a good spell here at City for Harry and I'd bet money that he will be another like Nahki Wells who wants to help the young ones rather than being afraid that they will take his place in the team.

NP and Tinman have picked up a gem for next to nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

So which Harry Connick Jr song are we adapting for him then....?

When he earns our first penalty:

It had to be you
It had to be you
I stumbled around, and I finally found
The referee who
Could make it be true
A pen that he blew
And even be glad
to be the lad - scoring for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 31/01/2023 at 23:06, cidercity1987 said:

Can he play centre forward? The focal point of the three

So big Nige revealed in his pre-Norwich press do-dah that he sees Cornick as the central striker in the front 3 which puts him in direct competition with Wells.

He speaks about Cornick as follows:

"...he will offer a very interesting threat for us down the middle, just because of his aerial prowess, his ability to run, and he's got good pace too."

Also fair to say that Nige perks up when talking about Cornick and Mehmeti, as though he's a bit excited.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mozo said:

So big Nige revealed in his pre-Norwich press do-dah that he sees Cornick as the central striker in the front 3 which puts him in direct competition with Wells.

He speaks about Cornick as follows:

"...he will offer a very interesting threat for us down the middle, just because of his aerial prowess, his ability to run, and he's got good pace too."

Also fair to say that Nige perks up when talking about Cornick and Mehmeti, as though he's a bit excited.

I see him more as Weimann’s successor.