IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

20 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Good to see Nige there at both medicals, a lot of managers wouldn’t do that. Plus quite refreshing to not have a self obsessed quote from Ashton etc when a signing is made Thankyou, Thankyou, you’re welcome” etc just let the player do the talking & have their moment. Nice one Nige, Gould & co

"our thanks to the Lansdown family for making this happen" etc etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

great video on our new signing ...

Interesting to hear that Harry completed the yo-yo (running/sprinting) test at Bournemouth - a test that no one else had ever completed!!

Obviously aerobically extremely fit with hard running power which totally suits our style of play - 

? this works out & he settles.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

I get the feeling Pearson has a lot of pulling power for transfers. I know we have a nice stadium and training ground etc, but I'm sure ambitious players would far rather play for Pearson than some of the other "characters" we've had in the last decade.

Agreed. It's a bit of a lazy comparison, but players will resonate with the role Pearson played in identifying and developing the likes of Vardy and Mahrez. The core of that Leicester title winning team were Pearson's players and he did a lot to install a winning culture there.

18 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm sure someone earlier on here pointed out that like?

18 hours ago, James54De said:

Different shots. Literally one shot of a hand (anyones) tapping a phone. The rest would’ve been done yesterday evening. 

Seems this video shows the 'like' and it was last night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. It's a bit of a lazy comparison, but players will resonate with the role Pearson played in identifying and developing the likes of Vardy and Mahrez. The core of that Leicester title winning team were Pearson's players and he did a lot to install a winning culture there.

I don't think Nige even has to say it to them but players know what he has done to the careers of other players at a higher level. So if Nige teaches them something, tells then to do something they listen to him because they trust in him based on what he has done before. 

Holden and LJ can never have that sort of power. 

Most people will agree that Pearson got Leicester to the line and Ranieri was the one to take them over it. 

Leicester are the club they are today because of Nigel Pearson. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The one thing that I really really liked was his surprise at learning that he'd he doing a day 1 running test. 

Whilst clubs like Luton may currently be above us, we are clearly operating at professional levels above them. 

I've said it many times that Pearson has brought a real professionalism to this club. It feels like it's all finally coming together and it's about to take off.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think Nige even has to say it to them but players know what he has done to the careers of other players at a higher level. So if Nige teaches them something, tells then to do something they listen to him because they trust in him based on what he has done before. 

Holden and LJ can never have that sort of power. 

Most people will agree that Pearson got Leicester to the line and Ranieri was the one to take them over it. 

Leicester are the club they are today because of Nigel Pearson. 

I haven't read all the thread, but agree on what you say re Pearson.

However...I think a massive influence on whether to come here or not, comes down to people you trust and know.

Harry mentions speaking to Naismith over a period of time. As a player here, he would tell it like it is.

Managers have reputations, but first hand info you can trust from people you know has massive influence.

I wonder how many we have in the squad, that would give glowing reports to perspective buys, with positive influence over the managers reputation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I haven't read all the thread, but agree on what you say re Pearson.

However...I think a massive influence on whether to come here or not, comes down to people you trust and know.

Harry mentions speaking to Naismith over a period of time. As a player here, he would tell it like it is.

Managers have reputations, but first hand info you can trust from people you know has massive influence.

I wonder how many we have in the squad, that would give glowing reports to perspective buys, with positive influence over the managers reputation.

Absolutely. I think it's a whole combination of things. 

The RHPC is also proving to me a huge draw for us. 

I'm absolutely sure Naismith said to him what a great part of the world it is to live and to then come in every day to work in a superb environment with great people working there. I remember Pearson once saying when he joined something like "the building is only as good as the people that work in it" 

From what I've seen of Nigel, he's a real people's person, despite the fact he admits he doesn't like people.

He's the type that would ask Naismith "how did your child get on in the school choir last night" etc. If a manager can have those sort of connections with a manager then that player will run through brick walls for that manager. Nige knows this. 

It's them sort of things that players like Naismith will be passing on to others and have other players wanting to be a part of this. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

great video on our new signing ...

Give this a listen, seriously, not your normal pro with Academy background.  I’m about 30 mins in, and although you can’t judge a player from an interview, this really is a fantastic insight into him.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Give this a listen, seriously, not your normal pro with Academy background.  I’m about 30 mins in, and although you can’t judge a player from an interview, this really is a fantastic insight into him.

Thanks for sharing.

Comes across as a great lad,no edge to him knows his limitations .

As you say Dave unusual path in todays Football. Naturally fit.

Think he's a great signing and the fans will love him.

• Like 1