IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

Henry Armstrong (reporter) is reporting on twitter that we have made an enquiry for Harry Cornick (Luton). 

As you may or may not know, I'm a big fan of Cornick. I think he would suit us perfectly, if we are to set up in the same shape as last season. 

Henry Armstrong has a reasonably good success rate with his rumours. Albeit he only has 1,000 twitter followers. 

As mentioned on the striker scenario topic, he has gone on a bit of a rumour spree tonight so will be interesting to monitor how many are successful in the upcoming days, and whether there is anything in the link to Cornick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We didn't deal with Luton over naismith, he was about to become a free agent and left on his own,

It was their rather trivial complaint that when we were talking to him he was still technically under contract to them so we should have told them. Though Nathan Jones knew he wasn't going to sign a new contract all along so theirs was a silly overreaction.

So if they are still mid-tantrum they might not want to play ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He's ooc according to transfer market.

Yes please, fine player.

Their contract situations are invariably reported incorrectly.

Luton have signed 2 Barnsley strikers, Woodrow & Morris, they also have Adebayo, who had an excellent season & Cameron Jerome.

I would not be surprised if they were prepared to sell, but wonder where we would get the money from, as I doubt he’s OoC.

• Like 1

Well this one has piqued my interest.

No idea on the twitter account…looks to be consolidating other stories…apart from this one, which I haven’t seen anywhere else.

Would like it to be true.  Mobile, physical striker, who runs the channels.

Under contract by Luton (on their retained list), so I’m sure Luton would expect a fee.  At 27, a 3 Yr  deal might appeal, and I’m sure Naismith will sell the club to him.

Looking forward to seeing if this develops any further.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Well this one has piqued my interest.

No idea on the twitter account…looks to be consolidating other stories…apart from this one, which I haven’t seen anywhere else.

Would like it to be true.  Mobile, physical striker, who runs the channels.

Under contract by Luton (on their retained list), so I’m sure Luton would expect a fee.  At 27, a 3 Yr  deal might appeal, and I’m sure Naismith will sell the club to him.

Looking forward to seeing if this develops any further.

Wonder what we’d be looking at in terms of a  TFR fee @Davefevs (if there’s any truth in the rumour)

3 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Here’s the question. If we had money (which we would need for cornick) would you prefer him or Rudoni who hasn’t yet officially signed with Huddersfield I don’t think?

It's a good conundrum. 

Rudoni has more long term potential, and his future value could soar. 

However Cornick is ready to make an impact now. This would have a positive knock on effect as it would free up Wells to move on (if there's a taker), and we lower the wage budget in the process, whilst gaining a player more suited to our system. 

42 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Here’s the question. If we had money (which we would need for cornick) would you prefer him or Rudoni who hasn’t yet officially signed with Huddersfield I don’t think?

Rudoni. 

I like Cornick - in fact we first recommended him to City in 2012 when he was playing for Christchurch, before Bournemouth took the chance on him.

But right now, if they were a similar price, I’d take Rudoni every day of the week.  

Much higher ceiling with Rudoni 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Perhaps there's been a development regarding Wells? 

That’s clearly one of a few possibilities & frankly the most palatable, as opposed to Semenyo or Scott leaving.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

We didn't deal with Luton over naismith, he was about to become a free agent and left on his own,

Which of course is true! However he turned down a contract with them which caused many prams to be relieved of their rattles in Bedfordshire.