IGNORED

Harry Cornick Signs (Confirmed)

AshtonRobin21

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Was just thinking it's time I sent my drone up to have a look for any action on the roof.

Pity but the wife tells me she's busy. 

That footage will already have been filmed

With the club editing it all together for the announcement later tonight

Now that mehmeti is confirmed im not exactly enthralled about cornick coming in,, hes got 1 goal this season, with weimann coming back in and with conway and Bell hopefully forming sour strike force over the next year or 2 with wells still there, if we were going to sign a forward we could save the money and get someone better in?

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Now that mehmeti is confirmed im not exactly enthralled about cornick coming in,, hes got 1 goal this season, with weimann coming back in and with conway and Bell hopefully forming sour strike force over the next year or 2 with wells still there, if we were going to sign a forward we could save the money and get someone better in?

shush you.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

He's played about 800 minutes of football this season...

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Behave.

If we’re playing 4-3-3 then a selection of Bell, Weimann, Mehmeti, Conway, Wells and Cornick gives us both good cover and a decent youth/experience mix. Sykes also in there. It’s a needed signing depth wise and works in the squad mix - if we’re playing high energy quick football rotation will be needed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Goals, assists and all-round game- stats alone can be misleading.

Can play as a support striker if we go 3-5-2 or wider as part of a front 3 I expect.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Goals, assists and all-round game- stats alone can be misleading.

Can play as a support striker if we go 3-5-2 or wider as part of a front 3 I expect.

Seems to me thats how we might have described matty taylor once upon a time,, hard working and a good pro but just didnt have a goal threat. Hopefully he comes in and scores some goals

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Seems to me thats how we might have described matty taylor once upon a time,, hard working and a good pro but just didnt have a goal threat. Hopefully he comes in and scores some goals

Different types of player but fair comment- we were also playing a different system, he got 12 goals last season and a number of assists iirc, sometimes it's not about the individual but how that individual might enhance the side- equal to or greater than the sum of the parts.

I could see Cornick slotting in well  if used correctly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I tend to agree to the extent that given the one confirmed, I would rather one of the other two if it’s one more, in terms of balance of the squad.

Equally, it shows what NP is after, and if he can get these two bits of the puzzle now and the other bits in the summer then why not. It’s imperfect, but should not let perfect get in the way of better.