IGNORED

Dele Alli

Silvio Dante

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I feel sorry for the guy.  Something has gone very wrong there.  Remember him for MK Dons in our promotion season?  What a prospect he looked then…

Was about to put the same thing.

He was a few years ago, the next big thing. Was unreal at MK, then got the big move to Spurs and didn't look back. Pretty sure at some point(s) he was being linked with big moves away from Spurs - at the height of his career there I mean. 

They then bombed him out to Everton, who in turn have sent him to Turkey, and now this. There is something seriously going on here. Personally if I was Everton/Dyche, I'd be trying to get him.back here and trying to figure out what it is that is going wrong. I say this in all seriousness, I really hope that mentally he is ok. He's been hyped up for so long, has it all become too much for him?

Without trying to pin the blame on one person, didn't the issues begin to get bad at Spurs under Jose? Look at the situation at Man Utd with Shaw - pretty much wrote him off, threw him under the bus, drove over it, backed up and went back over him again. Shaw has done well recently, but not all players are going to take that sort of treatment and recover from it. 

I don't know if it is just an attitude thing with Alli or something else. Worrying though.

• Admin
3 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Hes gone. 3 years or more his head aint been in it for whatever reason. You don't come back from that and reach the same heights. He's clearly struggling. 

Sadly spot on, his agent pulled a rabbit out of the hat getting him a move to Everton then even more amazing a move to Turkey 

Be it a mental health issue, attitude problem or carrying an injury sadly for him he looks finished now

It's really sad. Clearly he has long standing issues due to his parents and other stuff in his personal life. Yea he's a footballer and a multi millionaire but he's still human. Mental health doesn't care about wealth. 

For him to get back into football he'd need to get some real help and to find a club where he will have a arm put around him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was thinking he probably needs someone like Nige to sort him out ?

IF Dele had the desire to drop down to this level then Nige could be just the right person to sort him out. I think Dele needs a manager and a club that will love him. 

What I know of Nige is if you're on board with him then he'll treat you like a family member. You often see him having warm interactions with certain players and I think that's what Dele needs. 

It would be a risk tho for us.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Pretty remarkable that he's still only 26, has 37 England caps... but hasn't played an international for four years.

I'm struggling to think of another fall from grace like it. And, you have to say, all things considered you just hope he's OK.

Me too.

Players have suffered career ending injuries at their peak but can’t think of a similar situation to this either.

As has been said already, unless he’s completely lost his motivation there sadly seems to be something far more troubling involved.

Whether that’s mental or physical health is impossible to know, but if I was him I’d come back to England now & get help.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I feel sorry for the guy.  Something has gone very wrong there.  Remember him for MK Dons in our promotion season?  What a prospect he looked then…

Absolutely, I think there's something really wrong there. Joking aside, maybe he needs to come and hide in somewhere like the Championship to get his head back together. Feel genuinely sorry for the lad, remember him playing against us for the MK Donkeys, he looked class even as a kid. Shame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

IF Dele had the desire to drop down to this level then Nige could be just the right person to sort him out. I think Dele needs a manager and a club that will love him. 

What I know of Nige is if you're on board with him then he'll treat you like a family member. You often see him having warm interactions with certain players and I think that's what Dele needs. 

It would be a risk tho for us.

A risk too far I think

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea he's a footballer and a multi millionaire but he's still human.

Like all other footballers - ordinary person with an extraordinary talent. 

Think we need to remember this more when "supporters" want to heckle from the stands.

I echo others on this thread - hope Dele Alli is ok and he'll be able to look back fondly on the good times 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Are people really suggesting we'd consider a move for this guy??? Next to been seen playing for Enfield FC

Has that actually been suggested? Genuine question as I may have missed it and can't be arsed to trawl back through the thread!

Unless he seriously drops his wages, I would suggest a move anywhere, would be out of the question because of how "broken" he appears to be. Would be a huge gamble for anyone on the wages he would be on.

For someone at this level, even PP clubs next season for example, you'd have to be pretty confident of getting the real Dele back, and getting promoted. Otherwise it could get very messy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Doesn’t exactly scream ‘ professional attitude ‘ by either party. 

I don't see how the coach complain, he has stated that Alli has been banished to the stands for the rest of the season, if I was Alli, I would go and do a bit of sightseeing as well. 

It seems like Alan Walsh had a better time at Besitkas than Alli is having.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It might be good for him if he did, he might get his love for the game back, it sounds like he lost it somewhere along the line.

When he was at MK Dons his manager said that sometimes he loved him and other times he wanted to knock his head off.

It was worth his putting up with such a disruptive presence because a multi million transfer was just waiting to happen.

If we signed him we would have the ruination of the squad through his attitude but with no big transfer fee incoming.

He'll go to some foreign club you've never heard of for a last big payday.

He isn't a Chris Waddle who will keep playing through his love of the game until 42 whilst slowly working his way down the leagues as he began to slow up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

I was just thinking back to the game in our promotion season against MK Dons in which he played. One of the best games i have seen at AG.

He was excellent that day, but in the away match which was after he had already signed for Spurs he didn't look half the player. I thought that said something about his character even then.

• Like 2