IGNORED

Dele Alli

Silvio Dante

Earlier I said his talent was wasted but now I can see more to that and wish nothing but the best, he has a story to tell and hopefully now this has come out he can get to his best, am sure Dyche will be the one to put his arm around him and get him back to his best..

all the best Dele

55 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Feel for for the guy if he’s got mental health issues, but some people are just arseholes, you don’t have to have something gone on in childhood or in your life to become a arsehole, if that was the case you’re making excuses for  every arsehole in Society 

Doesn't really seem to be the case though for Alli does it? Where he has clearly had a lot going on in both childhood and adulthood which has seriously affected his mental health...

Edited by marcofisher

On 10/04/2023 at 20:01, redkev said:

Like a lot of young footballers too much money to young , no need to try anymore ,

bet he never has to earn another penny all his life and if astute with his monies will be better off than most of us by a Mile 

I'm sure that money will fully heal the scars from what sounds like a rotten childhood.

(PS in case you hadn't twigged, I am being sarcastic #ItsOkayNotToBeOkay)

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Nobody has said he should just man up yet. Pleasantly surprised 

In the space of one very open interview his stock has changed dramatically. I’m not articulate enough to say how brave a man that he is, but what the reaction does hopefully demonstrate is that there is a helluva lot of empathy out there. He will have so many now willing him on: people will be hoping to see him return to the player he was and also find peace and happiness. 

Hopefully the reaction will be inspirational to other people to find the courage to open up. The support is there. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Sounds like he's found his rock bottom and is on his way back with proper help and guidance. Sharing his problems is a huge step and one that takes immense courage. I have so much respect for him talking publicly about stuff that must be very painful. 

On his day he's a magnificent footballer, graced with so much natural talent. I think Dyche will be an excellent manager to help him try to get back to his best. 

Good luck Dele ❤️

• Like 2

17 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Nobody has said he should just man up yet. Pleasantly surprised 

The posts dismissing mental health struggles are over on the Huw Edwards thread if you're looking for them.

Alli has seemingly managed to eventually deal with it well, and apparently without harming others. That's great, well done to him. Not everyone manages it and some need extra support.

Ultimately we can all only solve our own issues in our own head. It's not always easy and I hope everyone finds their way.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

Dele has been made available for a Championship loan. 

I previously said that I feel we would be the ideal club for him. I think he would thrive under Nige who would put his arm around him in a similar way Poch did. 

We as a club would show him love, from the players and the staff down to the fan base. I think that sort of environment would enable Dele to produce his best football again. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Dele has been made available for a Championship loan. 

I previously said that I feel we would be the ideal club for him. I think he would thrive under Nige who would put his arm around him in a similar way Poch did. 

We as a club would show him love, from the players and the staff down to the fan base. I think that sort of environment would enable Dele to produce his best football again. 

Do you live in airy fairy land,the bloke isn’t a good footballer anymore and to think a arm around him is going to sort him out then you are wrong 

• Confused 3
  • Hmmm 2

Whilst no one is doubting an at his best Dele Alli would tare this league to pieces, he is what can only be described as a very high risk loan.  Added to the fact he is on around £75,000 a week at Everton, a loan for the season would cost any club around £4m to loan him for the season in wages, even if Everton agreed to pay half his wage, that is £2m a year in wages. 

Realistically if he goes anywhere in the Championship, it would be Southampton, Leeds or Leicester. The chances of him rocking up here are between zilch and and even lower than zilch. I would go as far to say, if Dele Alli joined Bristol City on loan this season, I would bare my backside in Burtons window! Now there's a saying that's not surfaced in a long time!

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Whilst no one is doubting an at his best Dele Alli would tare this league to pieces, he is what can only be described as a very high risk loan.  Added to the fact he is on around £75,000 a week at Everton, a loan for the season would cost any club around £4m to loan him for the season in wages, even if Everton agreed to pay half his wage, that is £2m a year in wages. 

Realistically if he goes anywhere in the Championship, it would be Southampton, Leeds or Leicester. The chances of him rocking up here are between zilch and and even lower than zilch. I would go as far to say, if Dele Alli joined Bristol City on loan this season, I would bare my backside in Burtons window! Now there's a saying that's not surfaced in a long time!

And not a chance the clubs you mentioned will touch him,he hasn’t had any form for about 4 years 

34 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I agree, but what I meant is those were probably the only ones who could afford him. Mind you, it would be a very Mark Ashton thing to do, to sign him for Ipswich. 

I've seen the likes of Brum and WBA are linked with him. Everton supposedly will cover most of his wages. 

If we spent 1 million of thr Alex Scott fee on Dele then that could be a bargain.

It’s strange that the poster here taking about Deli Alli and needing support in mental health took the opposite view on the politics forum last week. Just saying.

As for the prospect of the deal itself and us, fanciful at best. Even if it is a rehabilitation exercise, Everton would still have commercial considerations and want an amount of wage contribution not consistent with what we would pay. Nige also won’t take a loan player unless it’s right - Dele (even if he can get to prior levels) isn’t guaranteed to get us to the top six and I’m not sure being in unfamiliar surroundings is best for him. It’s a nonsense suggestion on every front.

• Like 3

If they want him to go on loan to the Championship and willing to pay his wages I expect he will end up somewhere like QPR. Could see Ainsworth being a good influence for him.

Not doubting his quality and really feel for him after all he’s been through, but really wouldn’t want him at our club. Just seems to go against everything we’ve built under Pearson thus far.

• Admin
39 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've seen the likes of Brum and WBA are linked with him. Everton supposedly will cover most of his wages. 

If we spent 1 million of thr Alex Scott fee on Dele then that could be a bargain.

Personally I think that would be a terrible thing to do 

As above, he's been awful for four seasons now, forgetting his personal situation for a moment, it's going take a lot of time and effort just to be an average footballer again, and there hasn't even been a slight hint he's either got his mojo or touch back. 

Onto his personal situation, I'm sure it's a massive relief for him that he's gone public with his awful situation but there's nothing there to say he's dealing with this, and is certainly far too soon to be able to say he's moved on 

I honestly don't see him having any future as a top end footballer ever again he's slipped too far away from where he once was 

The sad thing about all this is as his current employer I firmly believe Everton should be doing everything to protect him, take him out of the public eye and look to assist him getting his mental health issues resolved as that will be of more use to him in the future years 

Sending him out on loan is already saying he's not good enough. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He's not turned into a bad footballer. He's suffered mental health illness. In the right environment he would flourish. 

That’s your opinion,in my opinion sometimes you literally just have to get on with it and not expect others to bend over backwards for you,what makes you think our environment is better than anyone else’s out of interest 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s your opinion,in my opinion sometimes you literally just have to get on with it and not expect others to bend over backwards for you,what makes you think our environment is better than anyone else’s out of interest 

No wonder people like Dele struggle to talk about their mental health struggles with attitudes like yours. Did you actually watch his interview and hear what he's been through in his life? 

Dele has thrived when he had managers who put their arms round him, like Karl Robinson and Poch. Dele needs that manager that's like a father figure, probably due to what he's been through on life. Dave Rennie would also be a positive addition to Deles life. 

Despite Pearsons hard exterior, he is that sort of manager. Hence why former players speak incredibly highly of him. You can tell he has very close relationships with members of our squad. 

Our squad is a very tight knit squad, again something that Dele needs. You've seen the love our fanbase gives to the likes of Alex Scott. Dele would thrive in that sort of environment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, phantom said:

As above, he's been awful for four seasons now, forgetting his personal situation for a moment, it's going take a lot of time and effort just to be an average footballer again, and there hasn't even been a slight hint he's either got his mojo or touch back. 

Onto his personal situation, I'm sure it's a massive relief for him that he's gone public with his awful situation but there's nothing there to say he's dealing with this, and is certainly far too soon to be able to say he's moved on 

I honestly don't see him having any future as a top end footballer ever again he's slipped too far away from where he once was 

The sad thing about all this is as his current employer I firmly believe Everton should be doing everything to protect him, take him out of the public eye and look to assist him getting his mental health issues resolved as that will be of more use to him in the future years 

I suspect that he doesn't want to be the star of the team who expects everyone to cow tow to him.

The way back for him as a player and a person is just to become one of the group, who will help him by not expecting him to be a miracle worker but just one of the lads.

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Realistically he should be heading for a Division 3 or 4 club as that's his current level.

It will take the pressure off and give him the opportunity to regain his former ability.

I think his going to any Championship club would be a disaster for both him and the club.

I have enough confidence in our current recruitment team to know that he won't be coming here.

23 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting point about his employer doing what’s right by him,I’m sure he’s a multimillionaire he could just say let’s rip my contract up and let me get out the public eye and when I’m ready I will return to football or I’m I being naive and he won’t give up money to make himself in a better place 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

10 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Realistically he should be heading for a Division 3 or 4 club as that's his current level.

It will take the pressure off and give him the opportunity to regain his former ability.

I think his going to any Championship club would be a disaster for both him and the club.

I have enough confidence in our current recruitment team to know that he won't be coming here.

Yes I don't think the high intensity of the Championship would be good for him at all. SPL would be a good move, if not Celtic/Rangers, one of the best of the rest teams, Hearts, Aberdeen (I would say Hibs but I'm not sure LJ is the manager he needs right now). Somewhere he can have a few 'off' games and no-one would notice too much.

• Like 1