IGNORED

Dele Alli

Silvio Dante

• Admin
12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

A read of his Wikipedia pages will show large clues from his first fifteen years that were not as secure and loving as many other children.

He has my sympathies.

For anyone who hasn't read to what is being referred to above 

Screenshot_20230323_223036_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He’s obviously got big problems, mental health or some form of complex condition 

He had the world at his feet and something has obviously triggered the fall from Grace 

I hope for his sake that he finds a solution to his situation as careers are short, he may have plenty of money in the bank but that means nothing if you are suffering daily and his demons have him in a dark place 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He’s obviously got big problems, mental health or some form of complex condition 

He had the world at his feet and something has obviously triggered the fall from Grace 

I hope for his sake that he finds a solution to his situation as careers are short, he may have plenty of money in the bank but that means nothing if you are suffering daily and his demons have him in a dark place 

Don’t understand why it’s obvious he has mental health issues, he could just be a total **** 

3 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Don’t understand why it’s obvious he has mental health issues, he could just be a total **** 

Like a lot of young footballers too much money to young , no need to try anymore ,

bet he never has to earn another penny all his life and if astute with his monies will be better off than most of us by a Mile 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Most people are fortunate enough to be brought up in loving stable homes which, because it is the norm, we usually take for granted.

We want to overlay onto that other successes, playing for England, being a pop star, but really we have already had the greatest success with our family upbringing.

If you look at Dele Alli, Kurt Cobain, or Gazza you can see that there was a lot of trauma in their early years and that never goes away. They become rich and unhappy rather than poor and unhappy.

I'm not lecturing here as I also used to think "How can Stan Collymore suffer from depression when he's a successful footballer on a million a year?". Or Stephen Caulker for a closer to home example.

I now appreciate that material success won't make you happy if you are fundamentally unhappy inside.

I agree so much

• Thanks 1

Food for thought for those on social media saying what a waster…

He’s done remarkably well in life to achieve what he has after such a difficult upbringing.

Whether he gets his career back on track or not is far less important than getting his life straight now.

• Like 11

Really powerful interview - he spoke with amazing courage and Neville, for an ex-footballer rather than a trained journalist, was excellent, asking all the right questions but with empathy and understanding.

Clearly there's more to life than football and he should be incredibly proud of himself whatever the future holds, but I really do hope he can get back playing to a standard he feels content with. I'm sure lots of us will really be rooting for him now, genuinely.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 5

Hit hard that one. If ever there needed to be a reminder that you don’t know what someone has been through, especially when they are seen to “have it all”, this is it.

A unique footballing talent who I hope can get back to his best, but more importantly that he is able to leave his demons in the past and move forward positively.

• Like 2

On 10/04/2023 at 16:29, Glen hump said:

All them blokes you know/see that are total ***** are total ***** not because they are "just" total ***** but, by and large, because their formative days/months/years, including the earliest bit where they was in utero, were spent being looked after (to a greater or lesser extent, for good or ill, mostly ill imho tbf) by people who were/are themselves total, or at least quite a bit, *****.

It's mostly the massive bellends that buy the Sun and absorb other similarly unsophisticated, lowest common denominator, never-happened-in-my-day horse manure media that tend to believe otherwise. Not because they are total ***** but mostly just because they are massive bellends 

• Flames 2

As someone that has suffered mental health issues due to a devastating family event, I can only applaud Dele as the hardest think is to admit you have an issue and to reach out. 'We're  blokes, we don't need help'. Yes we do.

I didn't for a long time but the releif when you do is immeasurable.

Just shed a tear or two watching that and don't mind admitting it.

Good on you Dele, I wish you every possible success and, more importantly, a happy life.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 4
  • Robin 2

52 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

All them blokes you know/see that are total ***** are total ***** not because they are "just" total ***** but, by and large, because their formative days/months/years, including the earliest bit where they was in utero, were spent being looked after (to a greater or lesser extent, for good or ill, mostly ill imho tbf) by people who were/are themselves total, or at least quite a bit, *****.

It's mostly the massive bellends that buy the Sun and absorb other similarly unsophisticated, lowest common denominator, never-happened-in-my-day horse manure media that tend to believe otherwise. Not because they are total ***** but mostly just because they are massive bellends 

Feel for for the guy if he’s got mental health issues, but some people are just arseholes, you don’t have to have something gone on in childhood or in your life to become a arsehole, if that was the case you’re making excuses for  every arsehole in Society