IGNORED

Louis Britton has his say ....

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Now signed for Marine in the Northern Premier League (akin to WSM and Yate level).

Nothing against Louis whatsoever but he’s now been rejected at Conference level by Yeovil and Conference North. There is nothing to suggest that Nige made the wrong decision here, as he’s now landed 5 levels lower.

On a dual registration at Marine from Chorley. Having a bit of a journeyman season so far! 

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

On a dual registration at Marine from Chorley. Having a bit of a journeyman season so far! 

What is the point in a lad from Bristol flogging himself in the far North lower reaches of any semi professional football. Surely just play locally and crack on with a non football career

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

This is the lad that everyone was saying was very hard done by because they know his Dad? I think Nige has shown that younger players will get more than their share of minutes but they have to show what he's looking for. I hope he has a great career but it's not looking like he has embarrassed the club so far as predicted by quite a few.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What is the point in a lad from Bristol flogging himself in the far North lower reaches of any semi professional football. Surely just play locally and crack on with a non football career

To be fair, I get chasing your dreams, and you give yourself every opportunity. What I’d give Louis credit for is that he’s not taken the easy route - he’s moved to Ireland and now Merseyside for football so clearly loves the game. However, I tend to agree with you - if he’s now at Yates level, he’s better off being local to family and friends and playing at that level. 

It seems to me from outside looking in that he’s been bigged up by family and friends (again, understandable) and he’s been led to believe he’s better than is, hence the interview that started this thread. I think now he’s fallen way back down, those same people should probably have a realistic conversation that may help him in the long term. It’s not going to be easy, but it may be time for him to face up to the fact it’s not going to happen 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Now signed for Marine in the Northern Premier League (akin to WSM and Yate level).

Nothing against Louis whatsoever but he’s now been rejected at Conference level by Yeovil and Conference North. There is nothing to suggest that Nige made the wrong decision here, as he’s now landed 5 levels lower.

Surely he’d be alright up Weston right now 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, I get chasing your dreams, and you give yourself every opportunity. What I’d give Louis credit for is that he’s not taken the easy route - he’s moved to Ireland and now Merseyside for football so clearly loves the game. However, I tend to agree with you - if he’s now at Yates level, he’s better off being local to family and friends and playing at that level. 

It seems to me from outside looking in that he’s been bigged up by family and friends (again, understandable) and he’s been led to believe he’s better than is, hence the interview that started this thread. I think now he’s fallen way back down, those same people should probably have a realistic conversation that may help him in the long term. It’s not going to be easy, but it may be time for him to face up to the fact it’s not going to happen 

I think he was impatient, too impatient.  Difficult giving up a job to chase your dream, but…give it time. What was the rush. Learn the pro game, learn what it takes.  Even taking the loan at Waterford, where he was doing well, I wonder what drove the decision to go to Cork when his loan spell ended and he became effectively a free agent?  I look at his teammate Phoenix Patterson who’s just joined Fleetwood (they have a relationship with Waterford) and wonder whether staying there might have got an opportunity at Fleetwood in time.

Shame, knows where the net is and I think the longer he stayed in the pro game the better his chance of a pro career.

And fwiw, I played with his dad, hoped he’d make it, but definitely no issues when we let him go.  Not everyone can have the fairytale ending. 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Anyone remember fags called Park Drive ? Apparently they were so mild ,was like sucking steam (according to my old man ).

As a kid I was often sent to the local shop to buy fags for various family members. 5 Park Drives was a regular order.

I wonder if there's a ground somewhere called Capstan Full Strength?😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

As a kid I was often sent to the local shop to buy fags for various family members. 5 Park Drives was a regular order.

I wonder if there's a ground somewhere called Capstan Full Strength?😁

Ah yes the days when you could go to the shop with a note from an adult to collect cigarettes - as someone who lived (parents still do) near to the old Gaiety cinema in Knowle, that was a regular occurrence in that little shop next door (run by an old dear I believe she was called Mrs. Burns?).  

• Like 1