IGNORED

Louis Britton has his say ....

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree it’s unprofessional. Let your football do the talking.

It's the best way to prove people wrong and show you're good enough. Plenty of players have come back and had good careers after being let go. There are many reasons, but it's all opinions in the end. I hope he does well, but I always thought Conway had more about him. I'll keep an eye on Yeovil for the rest of the season though.

• Like 1

Has now left Yeovil by "mutual consent". 

"Forwards Britton & Scrimshaw both leave the Club via mutual consent. Scrimshaw, who arrived in August, made eight appearances in all competitions, whilst Britton played four games and netted once, against Taunton in the Somerset Premier Cup."

https://www.ytfc.net/club-news-four-glovers-depart/

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Forwards Britton & Scrimshaw both leave the Club via mutual consent. Scrimshaw, who arrived in August, made eight appearances in all competitions, whilst Britton played four games and netted once, against Taunton in the Somerset Premier Cup."

But but but Pearson made a massive mistake letting him go and he is a championship level striker....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Don't tell me, Twitter's imploding with gobshites and indignant 12 year olds losing their shit?

No???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rumoured to be signing for Chorley.

I mean good luck to the lad but he’s a very long way down the football pyramid now for someone we were repeatedly being told by some that letting him leave was a “massive mistake”.

Before anyone compares Towler with him, a successful L2 loan followed by an apparent 3 year contract from Pompey today is simply chalk & cheese as far as career paths go.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It’s amazing how one kid can be so mistakenly viewed by so many different clubs…..

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he had a chance at a pro career.  

Happens all the time. You think that you see something in a player but they can’t cut it for whatever reason. He has to find his level and enjoy football again, a level that looks increasingly like it will be lower than people thought after he scored against Brentford.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he had a chance at a pro career.  

6 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Similar to Freddie hinds, when he scored against Plymouth and Watford I thought he could be the next something special but see he’s also dropped a long way down the leagues

Just goes to show there's more to the game than talent. The level of dedication to fitness and practice isn't for everyone, and it's a mentally draining lifestyle.

I assume that Bristol Live will run a piece about how the club has been proven right in this case, to balance out their previous puff piece about him? 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

It’s almost as if our manager who’s been in football for 40+ years could know what it takes for a player to be league standard 

Be surprised if the lad is still playing in 3-4 years at this rate 

On a forum where people selectively take it and themselves seriously when it suits we all have our views on football and football players. But we are just punters venting off most of the time and the early replies on this thread prove it. What we need to bear in mind in these situations is that whilst the pro’s do get it wrong occasionally they also get it right on players the vast majority of the time.

All you have to do is go through the list of players we have released in the last five seasons and see who has proven the club completely wrong……..I would suggest nobody.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Looks like a few taking some pleasure in a young man’s downward spiral . 

As @Numero Unostates, let’s hope he gets back to enjoying his football and a settled period for him. 

No, a lot of people would have liked another local boy done good story. What is galling for people is the way he and his supporters have thrown so much mud at the club, when the club have been shown to have done the right thing.

Look at Ryley Towler's leaving statement and you will see a young man who is grateful for the opportunity to build a career, even if ultimately it's outside of Bristol.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No, a lot of people would have liked another local boy done good story. What is galling for people is the way he and his supporters have thrown so much mud at the club, when the club have been shown to have done the right thing.

Look at Ryley Towler's leaving statement and you will see a young man who is grateful for the opportunity to build a career, even if ultimately it's outside of Bristol.

It’s an extremely hard job to make it as a pro full stop as a young player and even harder to do what the likes of Scott and Conway have done. You need a certain desire and talent to go with the obvious ability. No disrespect meant to anyone but people like Scott and Conway don’t turn up half a stone overweight or over their pre-Season target weight. They don’t get overawed playing with experienced pro’s and they don’t need 50 games on loan to get up to speed. That’s why they get picked and others don’t. They have an unusual mentality for their age, that’s the difference.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just goes to show there's more to the game than talent. The level of dedication to fitness and practice isn't for everyone, and it's a mentally draining lifestyle.

I assume that Bristol Live will run a piece about how the club has been proven right in this case, to balance out their previous puff piece about him? 

You make a good point about dedication with younger and indeed older players. Things are very different now to years back when players, after a home win, would go out on the town with teammates and have a good night.

Now, if camera phones and social media were not enough, the sport science guys at the club would have a field day with you on a Monday morning!

Whilst your non footballer mates would be out you would be at home recovering and watching MOTD then bedtime - tough for a young man to accept 40+ weeks of the year.

Nowadays, you are effectively a professional athlete and have to show the dedication required. I think it helps if you love football and not just love being a footballer.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Similar to Freddie hinds, when he scored against Plymouth and Watford I thought he could be the next something special but see he’s also dropped a long way down the leagues

Isthmian Premier League. A rung lower than the Northern (and Southern) National Leagues. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What is galling for people is the way he and his supporters have thrown so much mud at the club, when the club have been shown to have done the right thing.

Reality is you'll see this a lot with local lads who have friends and family on here and social media. Best to take what is said by obvious supporters of these players with a pinch of salt, but they only want what they think is right for their mate/relative. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

We've had tons of talented players who've not amounted to much - either here or when moving elsewhere.  What they've all lacked isn't ability but the correct mentality - attitude - personality - call it what you will. Their feet have been fine but not What's between their ears.

At last we have a manager who knows what it takes to be a top class player in terms of technique and also  psychology. He's been there and done it. 

Now we all need to buckle up, listen and learn. And so long as we don't go down, we'll all be much better off for the experience. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Looks like a few taking some pleasure in a young man’s current misfortune/downward spiral (probably the wrong words!). 

As @Numero Unostates, let’s hope he gets back to enjoying his football and a settled period for him. 

He's young and hopefully sorts himself out, but as others have said he should let his football do the talking because at the moment, his comments about Pearson when he left look pretty silly. He had a poor attitude at Yeovil too, partly why Cooper got rid.

16 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

What happened at Yeovil?

Apparently Cooper said he would score a bucket load of goals. As it turned out he got one in a Somerset Premier Cup tie against Taunton (four appearances). Haven't heard anything about his attitude tbf but it was strange to see him bombed out after the initial comments by Cooper.

13 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Looks like a few taking some pleasure in a young man’s current misfortune/downward spiral (probably the wrong words!). 

Hope he does well in his career, remember him doing a lot for charity which was brilliant from a youth player. Do think our fans massively overrated him though and it’s showing now

• Like 1