IGNORED

Defensive Midfielder

barney999

16 minutes ago, barney999 said:

Anybody feel that Josh Owers or Zac Vyner should be given a go in midfield, can't understand how Nige can't see we need a change in midfield...?

No, but maybe Dylan Kadji might get a chance to come off the bench tonight to fit into that role. 

• Robin 1

17 minutes ago, !james said:

No and in place of who?

Or maybe change the format of the side to enable an extra midfielder, who will help the defence, at the moment we keep hearing that three at the back suites our players BUT are we not shipping goals and have been for the past year!!!.... will a change harm, as were already doing well.....

Edited by barney999

29 minutes ago, barney999 said:

Anybody feel that Josh Owers or Zac Vyner should be given a go in midfield, can't understand how Nige can't see we need a change in midfield...?

Owers appears behind Kadji in the pecking order, seeing as the former played for the 21s last night & the latter is apparently in tonight’s squad.

NP hasn’t ever given Vyner a go in midfield & I can’t see that he will.

Think we are going to be persevering with Williams, Scott, HNM, Sykes & King until James is back.

35 minutes ago, barney999 said:

The defeats have not been due to being over run in midfield it has been down to individual costly errors 2 from our newest recruit at CB

Fans tend to get obsessed with one position as the “issue” last season it was replacing Chris Martin as he was too slow and the worst striker we ever had.

We have 2 results possibly wins if not for individual errors and we have not yet been outplayed.

No reason to experiment with players in midfield yet IMO that is over analysing, to repeat again we have lost because of individual errors at the back !

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Owers appears behind Kadji in the pecking order, seeing as the former played for the 21s last night & the latter is apparently in tonight’s squad.

NP hasn’t ever given Vyner a go in midfield & I can’t see that he will.

Think we are going to be persevering with Williams, Scott, HNM, Sykes & King until James is back.

Was Nige in charge for Cov (a) season before last when Zak played in midfield. If he was, he won’t be entertaining it again ???

In fairness he wasn’t bad, but Nagy had a shocker alongside him which didn’t help. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was Nige in charge for Cov (a) season before last when Zak played in midfield. If he was, he won’t be entertaining it again ???

In fairness he wasn’t bad, but Nagy had a shocker alongside him which didn’t help. 

He was.

Looking at Transfermarkt it says he picked Zak there 5 times, though clearly your memory is much better than mine because Coventry was the last time!

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He was.

Looking at Transfermarkt it says he picked Zak there 5 times, though clearly your memory is much better than mine because Coventry was the last time!

I just remember Nagy charging round like a headless chicken getting nowhere near his player and getting picked off leaving Zak exposed. 

56 minutes ago, barney999 said:

Not necessarily a change - everyone knows that City lack a defensive midfielder in the Skuse or Pack mould. It’s a position that requires nouse and experience and Owers or Vyner don’t have that. Williams has both but he’s unable to play more than one match a week.

Personally I’d have been happy to see Pack return to AG but we’ve missed that boat.

• Hmmm 2

13 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

If he did a job there tonight. Maybe he is . NP has to use what he has.

Agree. To be fair, before his injury last season I did notice his defensive awareness. He clearly isn’t going to start every game, but in particular he might be a useful option as a sub when our other midfielders are tiring or we are looking to see a game out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eardun said:

Agree. To be fair, before his injury last season I did notice his defensive awareness. He clearly isn’t going to start every game, but in particular he might be a useful option as a sub when our other midfielders are tiring or we are looking to see a game out. 

Agree a player to come on when Massengo runs out of steam on about 75 mins.

Not got the legs for me. 

We look to slow when Williams and James play together.

Add Martin upfront and we are just to slow in transition.

We are getting better with Wilson and Skye’s added plus when Symenyo is back we will start to look better. 

Just need another DM who has some pace and we should be ok hopefully a loan before window closes.

2 hours ago, eardun said:

In the small number of games he played last season I though overall he was better than average.  I thought he made a great effort to make passing angles for the full-backs and CBs.  Interesting tonight that Han partnered him, but it seems that Andi played deeper.  Also, Han played most of pre-season partnering King (ditto Conway and Wells).

Was it more 3142, with Kingy staying deep to allow Han a bit more license, but also with Andi’s legs in there too?