IGNORED

City U21 matches

RoystonFoote'snephew

I see that City's that match tickets for City U21s first 2 home fixtures at the HPC are available to ST holders on a first come first served basis. This is fine if you can get along but I also note that no City U21 fixtures will be streamed on Robins TV this season, not a service for those with a keen interest in our future. 

• Admin
41 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see that City's that match tickets for City U21s first 2 home fixtures at the HPC are available to ST holders on a first come first served basis. This is fine if you can get along but I also note that no City U21 fixtures will be streamed on Robins TV this season, not a service for those with a keen interest in our future. 

Can't imagine they would be able to cover the costs of putting the broadcast and production together. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

From what @Lrrrtold me, PDL games are supposedly be added to Wyscout, so hopefully I can clip the goals. If I can I will share in here…assuming club don’t run a highlights on YouTube.

They're due to be, however I'm yet to see one appear on there Cat 1 or 2, this could just be a delay on the end of Hudl (overarching company who owns Wyscout) as its new and getting all the legalities sorted though before they get started with it.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can't imagine they would be able to cover the costs of putting the broadcast and production together. 

The costs ?

No one is asking for Sky Monday Night Football

Some basic sensible camera work and a stream would be fine 

And we employ people in various roles , including a media department for these very sort of things ...don’t we ?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In the OS post tonight.

Yeah just found the article, that's extremely poor imo, a good amount of Cat 1 and 2 clubs stream games on youtube or their own websites (Boro tonight if you have a login for example) also given the club stopped doing highlights packages of games from the start of last season as well for 23's and 18's games.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The costs ?

No one is asking for Sky Monday Night Football

Some basic sensible camera work and a stream would be fine 

And we employ people in various roles , including a media department for these very sort of things ...don’t we ?

Exactly, don't underestimate those costs 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

That’s what I’m missing ...maybe having a vacant moment..

What costs ?

We already employ those people ..... maybe it’s just to travel to Austria and make pre season videos....etc ?...(As enjoyable as they were)

* The games would be videoed by / for the analysts anyway wouldn’t they @Lrrr?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Unless they were hiring the equipment on a per game basis and the person filming last season then the club already has what they need. We already got told by one member of the media department they deemed it too much hassle just to upload full games to the website.

• Like 1

Just now, Lrrr said:

Unless they were hiring the equipment on a per game basis and the person filming last season then the club already has what they need. We already got told by one member of the media department they deemed it too much hassle just to upload full games to the website.

too much hassle ‘ 

Sorry to disturb your coffee ...............Jesus Wept 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The games would be videoed by / for the analysts anyway wouldn’t they @Lrrr

Yep and City have excellent equipment for when we film the games. Away games understandably become an issue with some venues as a lot are played at training grounds and will use something like the below image to film games so quality will be limited by what camera you can stick on top and factors like weather but still should be able to make out whats going on in a wide angle footage sense.

Premium Endzone Camera Systems at an Affordable Price - Sport Scope Video

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

'too much hassle ‘ 

Or too time consuming, but words to that effect

• Thanks 1

No matchday parking?

I just find the disconnect between fans and the ' Club' a bit off putting.

Watching first team...no problem.

Would be nice to connect with the 'reserves'. Especially when trying to see and understand the pathway.

I think the club are missing a trick, both matchday and via stream.

People are interested.

Treat them as not worthy...and able to understand....then don't look down at them when they haven't been able to follow. It's two way.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, spudski said:

No matchday parking?

I just find the disconnect between fans and the ' Club' a bit off putting.

Watching first team...no problem.

Would be nice to connect with the 'reserves'. Especially when trying to see and understand the pathway.

I think the club are missing a trick, both matchday and via stream.

People are interested.

Treat them as not worthy...and able to understand....then don't look down at them when they haven't been able to follow. It's two way.

I get the no match day parking, its a place of work, most the parking spaces up there are taken up by employees and then you'd have an issue of people turning up with cars and having to turn them away. This way it just makes the issue simpler. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

So it’s to be believed that the club don’t film the games anyway? Training is so much based upon performance in games and individual clips personalised for players these days.

To simply take a live stream of the footage as filmed by the club and broadcast it without a commentary isn’t arduous. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

So it’s to be believed that the club don’t film the games anyway? Training is so much based upon performance in games and individual clips personalised for players these days.

To simply take a live stream of the footage as filmed by the club and broadcast it without a commentary isn’t arduous. 

Wouldn't be that simple, the cameras used by analysts will already be feeding the footage into the laptops of the analysts for the live analysis, unlikely to then be able to provide a live feed from that as well. So would need to be a different camera.

28 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I get the no match day parking, its a place of work, most the parking spaces up there are taken up by employees and then you'd have an issue of people turning up with cars and having to turn them away. This way it just makes the issue simpler. 

Booked ticket, says parking available in QEH which is as normal.

8 minutes ago, miser said:

I booked one as well. I'll be walking from Ashton Gate and going up past the golf course from the Wild Counrty Lane side of Long Ashton. It's a pity neither Beggar Bush Lane or the Clevedon Road have footpaths!

(Does anyone know if there is a viable public route across the golf course entering from the top of Providence Lane? This would allow me to walk up through Ashton Court and could save me 30 minutes walking time - an hour there and back? )

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

We already got told by one member of the media department they deemed it too much hassle just to upload full games to the website.

Yes, but if you approach them in a nice,pleasant, non-entitled way, it’s surprising what they will agree to do.  Build a bit of rapport with people and they will give more back.  That’s all I did re the full match uploads.

2 hours ago, miser said:

Yep.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, but if you approach them in a nice,pleasant, non-entitled way, it’s surprising what they will agree to do.  Build a bit of rapport with people and they will give more back.  That’s all I did re the full match uploads.

I get that, but it should just be a standard part of the job requirement, not people having built relationships to get to that point 

I am disappointed that there won't be any standard coverage of these games, I have enjoyed watching them.

I do wonder whether the club feel that learning your trade in front of a handful of people at the HPC is preferable to the youngsters being given a wider audience and opening them to criticism or too much praise at a vulnerable part of their career.

There are always those who are quick to write off a kid or demand his inclusion, based on one game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am disappointed that there won't be any standard coverage of these games, I have enjoyed watching them.

I do wonder whether the club feel that learning your trade in front of a handful of people at the HPC is preferable to the youngsters being given a wider audience and opening them to criticism or too much praise at a vulnerable part of their career.

There are always those who are quick to write off a kid or demand his inclusion, based on one game.

Thanks for posting PSR.

I think those last two paras are a really important point - it's less likely that social media reactions get out of hand this way.

(Also, the Premier League academy scouts will at least have to get off their backsides if they want to pick up our latest crop of brilliant youngsters...)

• Like 1