IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match day thread

Yep; an entertaining first half. Despite it being a derby game, no horrendous fouling. I did notice that twice Weimann's been shoved to the floor, the second time we were awarded a free kick. More importantly, both times Andi has got up with a smile on his face. That must be annoying to the Cardiff players.

Entertaining first half. We had a good spell and seemed to be the more likely to score, but then they upped their game and had at least two huge chances: we were lucky to avoid being 1 down, then a moment of magic from Atkinson, Wells and Conway gave us the lead,  Andi hit the post and we regained confidence and cohesion.

In the second half I'd make a change in midfield, because of Massengo's yellow.

Edited by Dan Robin

The runs they make from deeper areas causing us some issues, having watched a few of their highlights it does seem to be their main way of getting in behind and putting balls across. Seen HNM switch off a few times with runners and he's on a yellow i'd be careful keeping him on for too long. 

Conway's enthusiasm is infectious, another great finish. 

Wells had a poor first half up until the cross for the goal, but their strike partnership just seems to be clicking at the moment. 

We can't risk going down to ten again, think Cardiff would actually be able to punish us unlike Luton.

That’s an ok half.

Need to switch a few things at h/t. Hano is losing his man defensive wise and on a booking so replace…and, Jesz, does our defence generally look static when they’re running at us. Seem to be running in treacle when facing our goal. Need to be more on our toes and at least apply some pressure running back even if you’ve lost the man. 

Joe is not really on his moment. We need to get better at closing spaces around the box and to mark better in defending crossing situations.

Other than that, we look good in attack. We don't really miss Semenyo at this moment, this new gem can be even better than him but I am wondering how good can be with them together in striker positions. I hope Nigel wont move Semenyo back to the wing because he is not an winger. 

Done it again,  under pressure, win the ball,  pump it up the field to noone and now they've had two corners from the resulting pressure. Then we try and push out and lose it again. 

We really really need to be able to hold the ball after pressure and relieve the defence. One good counter and it's overlooked again.