IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match day thread

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Wilson is clearly a very talented player, but he's only 22 and has barely played half a season above league 2 level and never in the championship. His time will come, I trust Pearson and co to introduce him to the championship in the best way for him.

I'm sure it's frustrating but hopefully he understands why.

And not sure a Severnside derby atmosphere is the ideal place to start that step up. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

So Scott and Vyner on O'Dowda,  that doesn't have bad news written on it at all...

A player that must City fans thought was shit, why be so worried?  Plus…⬇️⬇️⬇️

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Think O’Dowda has been playing on the right so far. 

Yep, he has. Bagan will come in at LB. Ojo and CoD may swap over, both like right, coming inside. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Agree. And I think Scott is wasted there too. 

He’s just a good footballer who can play anywhere. Pretty effective at RWB last season. 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Scott vs O’Dowda is a solid one for AS. People are talking about him like we’re playing Joe Morrell there or something 

We have to bear in mind as well that Weimann is in the deeper role that we saw on Tuesday and against Coventry. In those games we see his role is not only to support the strikers, but also to fill in when the wing backs push forwards. So it's not just Scott (or Dasilva if COD goes right) v COD, it's Scott + Weimann.

I'd back Weimann to outrun, outlast, and outmuscle COD today, tomorrow, yesterday and every other day of every other week.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Massengo is keeping wilson out currently. Only his good performances keeping him on the field. Soon as he doesn’t perform, Scott comes central and wilson goes to rwb. Good for competition I guess but could get to a point if wilson doesn’t play soon, his confidence will take a big knock

• Like 1