IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match day thread

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Unchanged bar Scott to RWB and Williams in for Sykes.

A penny for Wilson's thoughts.

LJ “it’s a chess game, I will analyse the opponents and play my cards to neutralise them, even if it means six changes every game’.

NP “players playing well keep their place”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Poor Tanner and Wilson can’t get a game at the mo 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not a surprising line up really.  Guess we will see soon if Pearson has got it right.  Tanner 4th choice RWB now then. What a signing!

More of a result of Sykes and Scott playing so well?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

And Tanner. We now have two players for the position who can't get into the team.

Still, the proof of the pudding and all that...

Tanner will get a chance. Suspect he'll get some minutes at Wycombe. Has to make his claim when he can.

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I think we will miss Scott's dynamism in midfield, I would have put Wilson in. Dont get the whole joe Williams thing really, what does he offer?

If Scott is instructed to play RWB in the style of Sykes, then it's a very high RWB. Much more of the 'Wing" than the "Back". As such I think we'll have his dynamism and passing in midfield anyway, just offset to the side. He'll link well with Weimann and Conway, I've no real issue with his selection there.

If it doesn't work, then we've 5 subs and two right sided players to change things with.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Tanner will get a chance. Suspect he'll get some minutes at Wycombe. Has to make his claim when he can.

If Scott is instructed to play RWB in the style of Sykes, then it's a very high RWB. Much more of the 'Wing" than the "Back". As such I think we'll have his dynamism and passing in midfield anyway, just offset to the side. He'll link well with Weimann and Conway, I've no real issue with his selection there.

If it doesn't work, then we've 5 subs and two right sided players to change things with.

Yes, possibly a lop sided shape with Scott's starting position being higher than Dasilva's.

Wilson is clearly a very talented player, but he's only 22 and has barely played half a season above league 2 level and never in the championship. His time will come, I trust Pearson and co to introduce him to the championship in the best way for him.

I'm sure it's frustrating but hopefully he understands why.

• Like 8