IGNORED

Crowd today

weepywall

43 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

When I think of Cardiff I think of them singing Men of Harlech, but I don’t recall them doing it at all today (might be wrong). I sort of like it in a weird way as a part of the tradition of this fixture.

They certainly weren’t at their most vocal today, but I suppose they didn’t have a lot to shout about on the pitch. Also a lot of negativity on their forum.

They aren't Welsh though. Half of them have English parents. Most Cardiff I know have English accents. Swansea are Welsh, Cardiff ain't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They aren't Welsh though. Half of them have English parents. Most Cardiff I know have English accents. Swansea are Welsh, Cardiff ain't. 

Cardiff is a very big Uni city, so no doubt a lot of them stay on in Cardiff filtering them down over the years. 
Swansea always sing the national anthem, but Cardiff seem to be less so now. 

28 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Like i said it might be where i was sat (e33 dolman). The atmosphere was very good today just didn’t seem like it was being orchestrated by the singing section. Might be because everyone around was in better voice than normal. 

I sometimes don’t hear the singing section that much from my ST seat in E33. I don’t think it’s because they are not loud it’s because we’re too close to away fans noise. 
What made the extra noise today was the front of the Dolman, which always gets more bouncing when playing against close rivals. 
Too me the singing section should always be closer to the away end. All I hear is, is this a library from the away fans, which I think is mainly they are soo far from the singing section. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, Cardiff were loud for first 20 or so, goal went in and nothing from them, including the last 15 when they were chasing the win. 

Very poor.

They are a weird lot. Also, how many actual Welsh flags in that away end today? I counted three. I'm more Welsh than those *******. Confused lot. 

Diolch! Me too.

Edited by cidered abroad

7 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I sometimes don’t hear the singing section that much from my ST seat in E33. I don’t think it’s because they are not loud it’s because we’re too close to away fans noise. 
What made the extra noise today was the front of the Dolman, which always gets more bouncing when playing against close rivals. 
Too me the singing section should always be closer to the away end. All I hear is, is this a library from the away fans, which I think is mainly they are soo far from the singing section. 

Thats what i always think most games so must be the acoustics. Never sat anywhere else though to compare. Always read how good and loud they were but i never really agree. Can see why the club want them where they are because they at times don’t cover themselves in glory. 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I watched on TV and I must admit the atmosphere didn’t sound great from either set of supporters.

I appreciate tv sound can be deceiving though given microphone placement. 

Which is why palace sound like the loudest team in Europe every time they play on Sky, because Sky have a very odd obsession with them and shove all the microphones bang in front of the 100 blokes that sing generic awful songs for 90 mins. In reality 99% of the people in that selhurst home crowd don’t open their mouths for the entirety and the atmosphere doesn’t actually exist.

Was good today but part of the reason is due to Sky keeping all microphones away from the s82 corner due to swearing in the past.

I can’t really comment on other stands as it’s hard to gauge sometimes, but it was definitely lively in the corner today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The "Dolman Bounce Around" didn't get booed today because almost all of them did bounce. ??

Dolman A block especially from my position in S82 looked very naughty, first time I've wanted to be in the Dolman! 

I love being in A block when big games roll around, Cardiff is just carnage every time. Personal highlight today was a group of young lads (no older than 14) just casually swigging cans of gold they’d snuck in whilst giving it some on the railings.

The only thing missing from A block today was a certain red hatted gentleman who was always right in the mix during Severnside fixtures! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 2

Enjoyed it again, especially the 2nd half.

Think it's been decent in all 3 home games so far in differing ways. Today especially the kick-off time, derby game or no derby game was least conducive of probably any slot to a strong atmosphere.

3pm Saturday, 5.30pm Saturday, Friday night and then 12.30pm Saturday all better opportunities to make a good atmosphere, not least as drinking pre 12.30 game Saturday feels more natural than a 12pm Sunday.

6 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Why do the standing section need to end a certain song with the words “ you ****”? I doubt they shout that word when they are at home, so why do it at a football match? To me, it illustrates a lack of maturity 

I don't think showing maturity is what they are going for TBH. They are trying for cheap laughs and one way of doing it is being a bit immature. If you don't like it just don't sing that bit.

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Am I only one who thinks singing "let him die" when a player is down with a head injury as something that they may come to regret one day?

I have never heard that, but, Wow; haven’t things changed?

When I was younger, and it looked as if an injured player might require a stretcher, we used to chant ‘Bring on a dustbin!’.

This is an entirely new level.

11 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I love being in A block when big games roll around, Cardiff is just carnage every time. Personal highlight today was a group of young lads (no older than 14) just casually swigging cans of gold they’d snuck in whilst giving it some on the railings.

The only thing missing from A block today was a certain red hatted gentleman who was always right in the mix during Severnside fixtures! 

I’m sure Stoney Junior was doing his dad proud in that respect!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

When I was younger, and it looked as if an injured player might require a stretcher, we used to chant ‘Bring on a dustbin!’.

When it was our player down injured, the East End used to sing "Give him some cider!"

Which to be fair, in the 1970s probably was one of the approved remedies for an impact injury. 

Just now, City Rocker said:

When it was our player down injured, the East End used to sing "Give him some cider!"

Which to be fair, in the 1970s probably was one of the approved remedies for an impact injury. 

Many years ago, I read an article where one famous player - something in the back of my mind tells me it may even have been Bobby Charlton - suggested that, just before matches in near freezing weather, the players would all be given a glass of brandy!