IGNORED

Everything wrong about Massengo's performance today

Curr Avon

4 minutes ago, Midred said:

A few more of Cardiff's players could have been booked as well.

Big centre half should of been booked first half then sent off when he was booked . Thought the ref let a lot go . Although I don’t mind that too much . **** knows how there wasn’t a free kick when Tommy got sandwiched on the edge of the box 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Does anyone else REALLY, REALLY want him to get his first goal..... floodgates could well open after that

He never ever looks like scoring. If he does I think it’ll be a scramble tap in!

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

We need to offer an improved contract for sure. He’ll go for free otherwise.

RG knows that and HNM has had a contract available for ages now. Other clubs know that to and rather than shell out will wait until he becomes a free agent. 

The lad is getting improving pretty much every game and he could move anywhere in Europe on a lucrative contract far better than what City can offer.

No one can blame any player for that.

12 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Does anyone else REALLY, REALLY want him to get his first goal..... floodgates could well open after that

I like the kid, but “floodgates”? 

He is never going to score many goals, like Joe Williams (terrible effort on the edge of the box yesterday) it just isn’t his skill set.

• Like 1

NP has said an offer has been on the table for 2 years, but you would have thought the offer 2 years ago would not be as good as what we need to offer now. I am sure RG must be sitting down with HNM representatives to find out what we need to do in contract terms to get him to sign, or we are aware he is not going to.

I think we must pull out all the stops within our new pay framework and offer Han as much as possible, although I think this will be below previous levels as I think NP is keen to get rid of the highest earners to level off the pay grades within the dressing room.

If we could somehow keep the two AS's, HNM and with the likes of Conway, Pring and a few others we could really have a team that could push to the prem and develop and be good enough to stay there

• Like 3

Ok let’s be realistic here. 
He had a fantastic game yesterday. 
But, probably since the Preston away game last season, his great games have been few and far between. 
Lets not get carried away after a good display. HNM is certainly a very talented lad, but he’s not yet displayed any level of consistency, and we are 3 years in. 
I’d like him to display some clear consistency and improvement before we up his contract offer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

We need to offer an improved contract for sure. He’ll go for free otherwise.

Surely it is worth a try, while he is in the side and performing like his old self....to offer Han an improved deal?  If he goes without us even trying to keep him, we will surely regret it?  The kid will be a star, and we should do everything possible to retain him  IMHO?  PS.  He has just turned 21, and his best days are ahead of him.

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

But, probably since the Preston away game last season, his great games have been few and far between. 
Lets not get carried away after a good display. HNM is certainly a very talented lad, but he’s not yet displayed any level of consistency, and we are 3 years in. 
I’d like him to display some clear consistency and improvement before we up his contract offer. 

I personally don't think money will be the issue.   I think he's got an eye on going back to France. 

15 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Yes, I really want him to score. He has come close quite a few times this season. I really do wonder though if he will leave without ever scoring, which seems so wrong and very odd.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s also just 21 too, playing in the hardest position for a youngster to play in - the middle of a Championship midfield (okay, bit of an exaggeration, but there are many under 21s playing many minutes in that position in our division).

Maybe playing regularly now he’s “found his form” may bring consistency?

I think we are seeing improvement.  He’s popping up in better attacking positions, starting to get shots off too. I’ve never seen him as a DM and posters have rightly asked “what midfielder is he then”.  His last three starts he’s been right in the mix for consideration as one of our better players on each occasion.

There are good financial reasons to get him to sign too, even for a couple of grand extra per week.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s also just 21 too, playing in the hardest position for a youngster to play in - the middle of a Championship midfield (okay, bit of an exaggeration, but there are many under 21s playing many minutes in that position in our division).

Maybe playing regularly now he’s “found his form” may bring consistency?

I think we are seeing improvement.  He’s popping up in better attacking positions, starting to get shots off too. I’ve never seen him as a DM and posters have rightly asked “what midfielder is he then”.  His last three starts he’s been right in the mix for consideration as one of our better players on each occasion.

There are good financial reasons to get him to sign too, even for a couple of grand extra per week.

I’m certainly not minimalising the difficulty of the situation he finds himself in - the centre midfield in a struggling championship team. 
I just think that, for the last season’s worth of games, we’ve seen an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance on about 3 occasions. We’ve seen 5 or 6 out of 10 performances on more occasions than we’ve seen the 8 or 9’s. 
He had a bloody good game yesterday. But the majority of the comments on this thread seem to be willing to wipe clean the previous season of work, where he’s generally flattered to deceive. 
I’m not happy that he’s possibly going to go for £0, as he’s clearly a talented kid, but I’m not going to jump on this thread and extol his virtues off the back of 1 game. I just want a consistent body of evidence from him before we call for a huge financial carrot to be dangled infront of him. The club need to play hardball as much as him and his agent on this, given our financial situation. We can’t go offering improved deals to players off the back of 1 performance. 
I just think we’ve got another example here of ‘we won and he played well so everything is rosy’ situation from many fans, when in fact he’s been under a fair bit of criticism for his recent performances and, whilst he’s a talented kid, he’s still got a lot to prove. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I was actually going to say regards the goalscoring that you see him in good positions all the time and inevitably the ball will just fall to him on the penalty spot sooner or later. It's not like he squanders chances. They just haven't fallen to him and I wouldn't blame him for that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

I was actually going to say regards the goalscoring that you see him in good positions all the time and inevitably the ball will just fall to him on the penalty spot sooner or later. It's not like he squanders chances. They just haven't fallen to him and I wouldn't blame him for that.

The Weimann cross to Dasilva, early second half, could’ve been pulled back to Han…as could Dasilva’s shot.

What was the keeper doing first half, allowing the ball to be dislodged by Han’s Barnet! ???

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Weimann cross to Dasilva, early second half, could’ve been pulled back to Han…as could Dasilva’s shot.

What was the keeper doing first half, allowing the ball to be dislodged by Han’s Barnet! ???

Yeah that was funny. Great to see Han showing the conviction to go for it though.

• Like 1