IGNORED

Everything wrong about Massengo's performance today

Curr Avon

For now, I'm just going to be pleased he seems to be knuckling down and putting the work in even though he is in the final year of his contract. Of course, you could rightly say it should be the minimum expectation but we know full well it does not always happen and it is positive that Massengo - and indeed Wells, Vyner and Bentley for that matter - seem to be in a frame of mind to give their all even amongst uncertain futures. 

I'd obviously love him to stay but, if he does not, I'd rather we got a good year out of him than he kicks his heels.

That said, being a bit cynical, I wonder if he's realised that he's not had the level of offer he expected over the summer and that he's still got a lot to prove if he wants the sort of move he wants next summer. But I'll take that over a player downing tools. 

• Like 5

I agree that HNM has flattered to deceive in his time here. He's played really well last two games. As has Wells.

Players often Excell when they have confidence in the players around them. They can concentrate on their own game, rather than worrying about others.

In the past...HNM looked confined...afraid to do his thing. Didn't look confident or was worried a mistake would be costly. He would often be seen running around reacting to situations...half a yard away.

Last two games he's looked confident and proactive, rather than reactive.

I think the likes of Scott, Williams, Naismith and Atkinson around him has helped immensely.

The lad has bags of energy...combine that with his footballing talent, then hopefully his awareness, confidence and consistency keep improving.

The players now look like a team, that fit together. 

An identity is being created.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What was the keeper doing first half, allowing the ball to be dislodged by Han’s Barnet! ???

Hair's here, it's there, it's every ****** where, Massengo, Massengo.

one swallow does not a summer make!

Great performance, could have been MOM for me, lets hope for many more, contract or not.

But on the "anything wrong front" OP's question.... his shooting is woeful... he was inside the box on the left, unopposed and could not even hit the side netting... it missed by a wide margin..

44 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree that HNM has flattered to deceive in his time here. He's played really well last three games. As has Wells.

Players often Excell when they have confidence in the players around them. They can concentrate on their own game, rather than worrying about others.

In the past...HNM looked confined...afraid to do his thing. Didn't look confident or was worried a mistake would be costly. He would often be seen running around reacting to situations...half a yard away.

Last two games he's looked confident and proactive, rather than reactive.

I think the likes of Scott, Williams, Naismith and Atkinson around him has helped immensely.

The lad has bags of energy...combine that with his footballing talent, then hopefully his awareness, confidence and consistency keep improving.

The players now look like a team, that fit together. 

An identity is being created.

Corrected, was very good v Cov also.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I personally don't think money will be the issue.   I think he's got an eye on going back to France. 

If he wants to return to France, which personally I doubt, then it evidently isn’t a money move he’s after. Ligue 1 is skint apart from PSG. He probably earns more money with his current contract here.

I think Massengo is a genuine footballer who wants to win things. If we keep our form going I could we’ll see him re-signing with us. The lads must be enjoying their football at the moment .

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If he wants to return to France, which personally I doubt, then it evidently isn’t a money move he’s after. Ligue 1 is skint apart from PSG. He probably earns more money with his current contract here.

I think Massengo is a genuine footballer who wants to win things. If we keep our form going I could we’ll see him re-signing with us. The lads must be enjoying their football at the moment .

Returning to France could be for family rather than financial reasons perhaps.

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Returning to France could be for family rather than financial reasons perhaps.

I have suggested previously (without being in any way ITK) that if Han-Noah is considering returning to France it is more likely than not due to personal/family reasons, rather than pure football or financial reasons.

I imagine his  younger sisters, over here studying if I understand correctly, would like to return and get to know the country of their birth, and I assume a combination of higher education/work is a strong pull.

Perhaps, understandably at his tender age, he has some trepidation about living alone, without family support, in a foreign country.

Still, for many reasons, I hope he stays here and signs a new contract, even if it is only for two or three years.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I hope so I like the kid a lot.

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Heard he was wanted by Tottenham Huttspur

...terrible I know.

Tatooine Hotspur........might have worked better?   But only marginally?     PS  Didn't Darth Crooks play for them?....Sorry I'll get my coat.

Edited by maxjak
  • Haha 1