IGNORED

Boring boring Preston?!

Dr Balls

14 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Everyone screaming for Ryan Lowe a year ago too. If I was a Preston fan I’d start finding something else to do on a Saturday.

You sound like Barton ?

It is remarkable to score & concede so few, realistically they are a smaller than average club at this level so being mid table is not bad.

I do wonder if once the window closes whether Ris Jakobsen might feature more, he got 20 last season but has been on the bench a lot so far with rumours of a move to Boro.

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

One goal and 8 points. For so many years we'd have bitten arms off for that record.

Just goes to prove how important it is to have a tight defence. Should make for an interesting comparison of styles when we play next month as their weakness is our strength and vice versa.  

Just hope we score goals because then it’s likely we win!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For info, don’t read too much into the GF and the GA, Preston have created and conceded a similar amount of chances to us.  It’s a bit of a freak set of score lines so far.

If that’s the case @Davefevshave their shots just not been on target? Likewise have the teams that they have played against not had their shooting boots on either?

Against Cardiff on Saturday the odds of a no-score draw must have been exceedingly low if you had gone to the bookies. They are due to play Coventry on Wednesday, assuming that their pitch is now up to being played on. Another 0-0 seems unlikely considering Coventry have scored 5 and conceded 7 in just 3 games, but who knows.

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

If that’s the case @Davefevshave their shots just not been on target? Likewise have the teams that they have played against not had their shooting boots on either?

Against Cardiff on Saturday the odds of a no-score draw must have been exceedingly low if you had gone to the bookies. They are due to play Coventry on Wednesday, assuming that their pitch is now up to being played on. Another 0-0 seems unlikely considering Coventry have scored 5 and conceded 7 in just 3 games, but who knows.

2D9E8C76-B484-48AB-983B-039F40905032.jpeg

164A4ECE-4F54-40F0-87F4-17E7CF123140.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

2D9E8C76-B484-48AB-983B-039F40905032.jpeg

164A4ECE-4F54-40F0-87F4-17E7CF123140.jpeg

So I take from this that Preston take quite a few speculative shots from outside the penalty area (nearly half of all their shots) plus although they haven’t conceded they give up almost as many shots to the opposition as we do.

Still amazing to go through the first 6 games of a league season scoring just 1 goal and conceding none. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

So I take from this that Preston take quite a few speculative shots from outside the penalty area (nearly half of all their shots) plus although they haven’t conceded they give up almost as many shots to the opposition as we do.

Still amazing to go through the first 6 games of a league season scoring just 1 goal and conceding none. 

It’s freaky.  They are due a big scoreline at some point.

• Like 1

8 points from 6 games, same as us, but we’ve had 20 goals in our games.

Wonder what most fans would plump for?

Ill be watching out in which direction the first goal avalanche they have is, will it be a big win, or a big defeat?  They are bound to have a game with plenty of goals at some point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

8 points from 6 games, same as us, but we’ve had 20 goals in our games.

Wonder what most fans would plump for?

Ill be watching out in which direction the first goal avalanche they have is, will it be a big win, or a big defeat?  They are bound to have a game with plenty of goals at some point?

I was looking at the Championship table tonight after the games and literally did a doubletake I thought there had been a printing error until I checked their results.  

Speaking of weird stats in the Championship tonight - BBC website reporting the Cardiff-Luton attendance as 7,202. That has to be a typo, surely? I know they’ve been poor and typically have a fair few empty seats, but 7,000?!?

Their own website doesn’t have a figure so I’m not seeing it contradicted anywhere. 

Edited by WessexPest

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Speaking of weird stats in the Championship tonight - BBC website reporting the Cardiff-Luton attendance as 7,202. That has to be a typo, surely? I know they’ve been poor and typically have a fair few empty seats, but 7,000?!?

Their own website doesn’t have a figure so I’m not seeing it contradicted anywhere. 

Sky showing the same attendance.  Strange.

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

17,202  It's on the match report on Lutons website.

3 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

And Riis finally gets to play and scores. Could be a typical challenging game against them in 10 days time, given their “bogey team” status.

Interesting that this myth still gets trotted out, they have only beaten us once in our last 7 meetings.

Loads of draws (5) but you don’t keep drawing against your “bogey” side, do you?

• Like 2