IGNORED

Man Utd v Liverpool - protest

daored

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Money generated by the Club , the Company From the numerous and extensive revenue streams

The Glaziers were also the only owners to take a dividend from their Club last season in the Premier League

But as owners and shareholders in a plc aren't they entitled to dividends if said company is porfitable?

I just saw an interesting stat, man u have spent 1.4 billion on players and man City 930 million in the last 10 years, I dont know how true that is mind

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

But as owners and shareholders in a plc aren't they entitled to dividends if said company is porfitable?

I just saw an interesting stat, man u have spent 1.4 billion on players and man City 930 million in the last 10 years, I dont know how true that is mind

Depends on the dividend policy. Which won't be hard to find. It's a Cayman plc listed on the NYSE. The investor website will have the details of which shareholders get what dividends.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Depends on the dividend policy. Which won't be hard to find. It's a Cayman plc listed on the NYSE. The investor website will have the details of which shareholders get what dividends.

Yea may have a look for it when I get a chance, as it will be interesting,

Like I said I'm no fan of the glazers but I don't think they are the reason United are in a mess, and there are many many worse owners out there

Just now, 54-46 said:

Fantastic to see all the plastic Mancs facing the reality that their teams now a bit sh1te

Yep,they ought to try following our lot! Football is cyclical, they are still a huge club and generate huge revenue, but the leadership and organisation is sub par, their signings, on the whole, are shambolic, and no one really cares, whether thats the glazers, management, or senior pros earning a fortune and not really being bothered about playing. The 13km run that ten haag made them do after the brentford game is quite telling!

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

Yea may have a look for it when I get a chance, as it will be interesting,

Like I said I'm no fan of the glazers but I don't think they are the reason United are in a mess, and there are many many worse owners out there

I have a personal view, formed from my experience of helping companies change hands, and from speaking to many CEOs and owners. That view is that ultimately a company's outlook, and success, and attitude, is set by that of its ultimate owner.

This applies to all companies of all sizes. 

Manchester United's failure on the pitch may not be directly linked to decisions by the Glazers, but it is their attitude that sets the course. From them so all appointments, policies, and procedures flow.

They may not be explicitly at fault, but the gradual decay, the attitude of hubris, the mismanagement, that stems from them.

Just my anecdotal view.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I have a personal view, formed from my experience of helping companies change hands, and from speaking to many CEOs and owners. That view is that ultimately a company's outlook, and success, and attitude, is set by that of its ultimate owner.

This applies to all companies of all sizes. 

Manchester United's failure on the pitch may not be directly linked to decisions by the Glazers, but it is their attitude that sets the course. From them so all appointments, policies, and procedures flow.

They may not be explicitly at fault, but the gradual decay, the attitude of hubris, the mismanagement, that stems from them.

Just my anecdotal view.

I hear what you are saying and you make some valid points. You cannot argue that on a infrastructure level they have made some poor choices - the training ground needs updating by all accounts and Old trafford again could do with some modernization.

Having been to Old trafford a few months back for a stadium tour i must admitt that Gary Neville’s comments that it is ‘crumbling to the ground’ is a slight over exaggeration. As i said some modernization is needed but im baffled as to why a complete new stadium is required. A re-build of the bobby charlton stand and then an update of the other stands would be enough. 

25 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yep,they ought to try following our lot! Football is cyclical, they are still a huge club and generate huge revenue, but the leadership and organisation is sub par, their signings, on the whole, are shambolic, and no one really cares, whether thats the glazers, management, or senior pros earning a fortune and not really being bothered about playing. The 13km run that ten haag made them do after the brentford game is quite telling!

Rumour has it Harry Maguire is 3km from the finish.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bris red said:

I hear what you are saying and you make some valid points. You cannot argue that on a infrastructure level they have made some poor choices - the training ground needs updating by all accounts and Old trafford again could do with some modernization.

Having been to Old trafford a few months back for a stadium tour i must admitt that Gary Neville’s comments that it is ‘crumbling to the ground’ is a slight over exaggeration. As i said some modernization is needed but im baffled as to why a complete new stadium is required. A re-build of the bobby charlton stand and then an update of the other stands would be enough. 

Sure, and my view of that is that the Glazers are running Utd as a business/brand rather than a sports team. 

Their attitude to the stadium is to operate it cheaply, whilst keeping it looking, from a distance, good for the cameras. That's the attitude. Don't invest in the long term but keep it limping along with enough costume dressing to keep people happy.

You see that same attitude in signing Ronaldo (or Falcao, or Di Maria, or Martial etc), in appointing Solskjaer, etc. It's appearances, and PR, and it's the "Show".

Forgetting that in this business all of that crumbles if you lose football matches.

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

The problem at United run deep, and while the owners are shit, they aren't the route course of the problem,

Poor transfer policy is, or more to the point lack of transfer policy,

Take Ronaldo, great player but he doesn't fit in at United he doesn't work hard enough,

Take the midfield, they have too many similar players and not enough battlers,

They've spent loads on players, funded provided to them by the owners, they just haven't spent well

Interesting as I’d say that’s all Fred and McTominay are. I’d say they need some quality. 

• Admin
14 minutes ago, phantom said:

They had a march to the stadium before the kick off 

old-trafford-manchester-britain-august-22-2022-fans.jpgfans-outside-old-trafford-protest-taken-twitter.webpmonday-august-22-2022-pa-photo-see-pa-story-soccer-man-3.jpgmonday-august-22-2022-pa-photo-see-pa-story-soccer-man-4.webp

5 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It will be the Liverpool fans protesting at the state of their midfield at this rate. 

All I've seen is Henderson and Milner moaning at everyone, when they aren't even winning their individual battles in midfield. 

Liverpool are pretty awful all over the pitch

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

It will be the Liverpool fans protesting at the state of their midfield at this rate. 

All I've seen is Henderson and Milner moaning at everyone, when they aren't even winning their individual battles in midfield. 

Seeing that Liverpool midfield i had a punt on Manu at 7/2 . A price unheard of for them to win at Old Trafford.

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Seeing that Liverpool midfield i had a punt on Manu at 7/2 . A price unheard of for them to win at Old Trafford.

Yep got 15/4 with bet365. Liverpool are struggling so far this season.

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So they walked to the game... where they probably all used the club bars and catering and put even more money in the owners pockets.

They aren’t concerned about the owners really, it’s just that they aren’t winning trophies. That’s the only reason most follow them.
They wouldn’t even be protesting tonight if they had won their first two games.

• Like 2