IGNORED

Lincoln City…..

BCFC1512

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but they’re big in Gibraltar.

Perpetual league champions over there Lincoln Red Imps were named after them by a fan who had emigrated.

Only been to Lincoln to watch us play once, it was one of the last two (both were 1-1 draws in ‘85 so I can’t remember which), it was surprisingly “lively” off the pitch, they certainly had a few who fancied it..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Perpetual league champions over there Lincoln Red Imps were named after them by a fan who had emigrated.

Only been to Lincoln to watch us play once, it was one of the last two (both were 1-1 draws in ‘85 so I can’t remember which), it was surprisingly “lively” off the pitch, they certainly had a few who fancied it..

I wonder if they have ever arranged a pre season friendly? That would be a good away day.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They did. It was one of those `never expected that` days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They did. It was one of those `never expected that` days.

There were a few places like that around that time probably due to the fact that City had quite a reputation off the field back then and we were quite a big draw for certain types.

• Like 1

Tbf - Lincoln are not particularly attractive opposition and the club have set the prices accordingly. Had the fixture been against a PL club the prices would reflected that.

That said - I’ll definitely be going as the Imps are a favourite lower league club of mine. I hope they get promotion to the Championship sooner rather than later - I’d love a trip to Sincil Bank.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Exactly unlike the Fulham fa cup game. 

Prices are agreed between the two clubs. 

Looking at what Fulham are charging their own fans this season it's easy to see what happened 

9 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

Agree - but what’s with the unreserved seats, personally I sit where I need to because of disability, that’s why I have a season ticket!  But there’s no point in advance booking if available seats on the night don’t suit me!

It'll be fine 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

Agree - but what’s with the unreserved seats, personally I sit where I need to because of disability, that’s why I have a season ticket!  But there’s no point in advance booking if available seats on the night don’t suit me!

Less stewards needed to manage - I guess it goes hand in hand with being able to offer lower prices?

15 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

I hadn’t spotted that.  I’m surprised they haven’t at least allowed reservation of disabled spaces.  Not sure if you use the wheelchair areas or not?

On 26/08/2022 at 08:35, hollydog said:

Really- I thought they were briefly in the Second Division before being relegated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_City_F.C.

They moved on from the Football Alliance to become founder members of the Football League Second Division in 1892, remaining there until they failed re-election in 1908. They won immediate re-election after winning the next year's Midland League, and would repeat this feat after failing re-election again in 1911 and 1920. Founder members of the Football League Third Division North in 1921, they won promotion as champions in 1931–32, but were relegated two seasons later. Crowned Third Division North champions again in 1947–48, they were relegated the next year, but would remain in the second tier for nine seasons after again winning the Third Division North title in 1951–52. 

1 hour ago, Wrongagain said:

Isn't this referring to the fact they're not holding back season ticket seats so people can get their usual seat? 

On 25/08/2022 at 23:05, North London Red said:

They were relegated for the first time in their history in 2017-18. It’s a remarkable stat for a former league club. Until then they’d only ever changed divisions as a result of not being re-elected, or divisional reorganisations within the non-league pyramid. 

They got relegated in the 80’s, 90’s & 2011 before 2018. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Are you sure? 

Their website claims 2018 was the first time they'd been relegated or promoted in their 144 year history, and it was also reported by the BBC at the time:

https://www.gainsboroughtrinity.com/club/about

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43864014

Edited by North London Red

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Lincoln did, Gainsborough Trinity are the team being talked about as never relegated until then. Had me confused for a while. 

P. S. Weston were similar, their relegation from National League South a couple of season's back was the first in their history. 

Edited by richwwtk

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Lincoln did, Gainsborough Trinity are the team being talked about as never relegated until then. Had me confused for a while. 

P. S. Weston were similar, their relegation from National League South a couple of season's back was the first in their history. 

Ah so you were, sorry @North London Red ,wires crossed there! 

Very happy about the prices.this will be only my 2nd game of the season.the other game was sunderland(reduced ticket)

I simply cannot afford to watch city too often,when I see tickets 

for £35 and £40 i think back to when I paid 70pence to get in

The East end! 

my paper round money meant I could go home and away!

• Like 1