IGNORED

Cotts back in Bristol

SecretSam

“Shrewsbury Town manager Steve Cotterill remains a hugely popular figure in the red half of Bristol” - always cracks me up. Attendances of 20-24k vs 6-8k doesn’t make very equal halves!

Ironically, long-time Bristol resident, Steve has had to join a club 130 miles away to ‘experience’ playing against the 15ers as the other (much larger) local league club that he once managed hasn’t had reason to play against them competitively for more than 20 years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“Shrewsbury Town manager Steve Cotterill remains a hugely popular figure in the red half of Bristol” - always cracks me up. Attendances of 20-24k vs 6-8k doesn’t make very equal halves!

Ironically, long-time Bristol resident, Steve has had to join a club 130 miles away to ‘experience’ playing against the 15ers as the other (much larger) local league club that he once managed hasn’t had reason to play against them competitively for more than 20 years. 

I’m sure they only do it to wind us up, looks like it has been edited now to say “South Bristol”, as if our support only comes from there.

Always wondered, do you reckon the Nottingham paper talks about the red “half” with Forest?

Notts County get similar crowds to the blue few, have a far better ground, of course.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We know it's always been two thirds red one third blue but fractions beyond a half are too complicated for the gentlemen of the Press. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It's a delicious irony that the more accurate description would be the red three quarters (Or should that be the red three faymuss qwawturrzz?)!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I fear for young Taylor Moore, the experience of a packed house screaming vitriol at him for ninety minutes could destroy the lad.....................

Indeed.

Usually goes something like this:

1) Slazenger wearing ******* mutants with B.O. scream obscenities at the ‘shithead’ for 75 minutes.

2) Ex/current City player gets subbed for the last quarter of an hour for one of various reasons…NONE of which involve the pathetic attempts of intimidation from tent dwelling zombies on the sidelines.

3) Gasheads flood Social Media with claims of how they forced ex/current City player to fake injury to escape their wrath.

Ugh!…..bunch of maggots.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swede said:

Cotts gave us one of the best seasons in our history. For passion you only have to recall the interviews he gave after both swindle matches, brilliant.

His passion/anger after the Swindon away game was something else, a truly memorable season that comes along very rarely

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

No one cares, delete this pointless thread

Thanks for this brilliant contribution.

I think a lot of City fans do care, the vast majority love Cotts, Aaron Wilbraham, his assistant, who hasn’t been mentioned yet but is a City legend for me & whilst it hasn’t worked out, no one has anything but good things to say about Taylor Moore as a professional & a person.

• Like 16
  • Robin 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think a lot of City fans do care, the vast majority love Cotts, Aaron Wilbraham, his assistant, who hasn’t been mentioned yet but is a City legend for me & whilst it hasn’t worked out, no one has anything but good things to say about Taylor Moore as a professional & a person.

Completely agree, all the City fans I know do care about how one of our greatest ever managers (and in Wilbs players) gets on, especially against the Gas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoyo2345 said:

No one cares, delete this pointless thread

Well, actually I think a lot of fans do care. Cotts will always be remembered fondly  for that fantastic lower league double winning season and let's not forget that his assistant Wilbs scored 20 goals that season and was a major success. 

It's now history but must rank in the top three seasons ever in our history, after the 1909 FA Cup Final and 1976 promotion to the top league; some feat!

If my memory serves me correctly he got an ovation walking around the pitch when his brum side beat us to stay up one season. 

So if you think about it for one minute, perhaps you'd change your mind.

For these reasons Cotts and Wilbs will always get an ovation back in BS3.

Great memories. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He’s a Johnson Junior Disciple 

Everything else is **** if Junior didn’t do it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Well, actually I think a lot of fans do care. Cotts will always be remembered fondly  for that fantastic lower league double winning season and let's not forget that his assistant Wilbs scored 20 goals that season and was a major success. 

It's now history but must rank in the top three seasons ever in our history, after the 1909 FA Cup Final and 1976 promotion to the top league; some feat!

If my memory serves me correctly he got an ovation walking around the pitch when his brum side beat us to stay up one season. 

So if you think about it for one minute, perhaps you'd change your mind.

For these reasons Cotts and Wilbs will always get an ovation back in BS3.

Great memories. 

As far as I am concerned that will rank alongside the Rovers final game of last season as a very dodgy result.