IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

Half time, City deservedly level. Some fantastic attacking play, with great possession, movement and chances. Brilliant move for the equaliser. Just need to be alert to those direct balls into the box and first to loose passes in midfield. Keep pressing, and passing like we do and this game is ours for the taking!

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 2

HT 1-1.

Real contrast in styles. We are more measured, passing it much better than them. Carved them open a few times and unlucky to have just the one.

They are much more direct, and are good at winning the second ball from knock downs and have created issues. Also working very hard to close us down and are having their fair share of causing us to give it away. Makes it look like we are dominating possession, but often with no great purpose. I thought our goal came at the end of twenty minutes were we were not looking hugely dangerous.

Would not like to call it, but if we put our shooting boots on it’s there to be won.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

And could easily be 3-1 us.

Not saying they haven’t had chances but we aren’t fragile we’re defended well mostly

We haven't quite got to grips with their second ball, they know what they are doing, pump it in, knock it back to runners and see what happens. We're not going to win the first ball every time against Madine and Yates, but we can pick up on the 2nd ball.

Always going to be a threat going forward especially with pace, need to be a bit quicker on the forward ball and not let Blackpool get organised. Tommy's goal was a fine example of that.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Half time, City deservedly level. Some fantastic attacking play, with great possession, movement and chances. Brilliant move for the equaliser. Just need to be alert to those direct balls into the box and first to loose passes in midfield. Keep pressing, and passing like we do and this game is ours for the taking!

Fair assessment, except I’d say we’re sometimes playing a bit “safe” now after a few attempts at risky passes failed.

We could do with being a bit braver and players showing more, and quality when we do.

Had the more chances though, deservedly level 

• Like 1

Massengo, Scott (assist aside), Weimann, Vyner and Atkinson pretty poor.

DaSilva, Conway and Wells trying to make things happen.

Bents pretty poor, crosses apparently mean hot-potato.

Hope Pearson sticks the boot into them a bit at half time, Blackpool there for the taking.

The Robins TV commentary is woeful. If I wanted nothing but propaganda I'd watch Russian State TV.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Hope Pearson sticks the boot into them a bit at half time, Blackpool there for the taking.

The Robins TV commentary is woeful. If I wanted nothing but propaganda I'd watch Russian State TV.

Mute the Robins TV and put RB on with Gary Owers, may be a bit behind, but much better.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Blimey - sounds like we are very lucky not to be four down

• Like 3
  • Haha 2