IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

5 hours ago, 2015 said:

It's odd I've read bits on their forum and many claim they had been the better side and should have beaten us. Not sure what game some of them were watching tbh. Found them quite direct 

There are many definitions of better, at what? banging the ball up as far as they can and hoping something falls? because they were definitely better than us at that from what I saw. 

• Like 1
On 28/08/2022 at 00:39, Davefevs said:

From a few posts on here from those with a bit of ITK it appears the players aspiration is higher than “just” mid table.  Conway confirmed this in the week I think.

To be honest, I’ve never played in a team that hasn’t had ambitions above its station.

You don’t generally aim just for survival unless you’re really out of your depth, and most teams I played in had ambitions of promotion / the title even if realistically we were mid table fodder.

• Flames 1
On 28/08/2022 at 10:34, Lew-T said:

Real shame not to win it but it sounded like another decent performance! Blackpool fans very impressed by us…

Things are looking up??

It was a very good game IMO, gutting to draw the way we did but would have took a draw at the start.

Judt watched the highlights back though, some quality passes in the final third, and that free kick was clever for the second.

Cant get my head round their 3rd though, still no idea what Naismith was doing. Have to chalk it down to over confidence and a shit mistake, can’t really account for that except learn - but you’ll get that with a CB confident enough to have the ball and play.