IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

54 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Anyone blaming Zak for the equaliser either wasn’t watching the same game as me or wasn’t watching the game at all.  The goal was caused by a slack pass that put the Blackpool player in.  Vyner didn’t stand a chance, except to haul him down and get a red card.  I thought it was Naismith who passed, but the commentator said something about King.  Certainly NOT Vyner’s fault.

This, ⬆️⬆️⬆️ Corbeanu had all the momentum.  Terrible pass from Naismith.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Rwb has been neglected for far to long at least 3 seasons its about time we invested in this position with a big strong arhletic type who can get up and down the pitch there must be one out there in the world of football

We’ve already signed one, team of the year last season for Forest Green. 19 assists too was it? Just phasing him into the team.

Edited by marcofisher
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sod that 

We have a automatic chasing strike force

Sort out the dodgy defence and we definitely have to be aiming for play offs

I mean, sure. We live in hope and it’s certainly possible. It’s how we defend as a team today, the third was not down to the defence as such, just a poor decision by King and a complete rush of blood to the head by Naismith.

The frustration at this early stage is whereas the last two seasons I felt we often had quite generous points totals given our overall play, it feels the other way round at the moment.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sod that 

We have a automatic chasing strike force

Sort out the dodgy defence and we definitely have to be aiming for play offs

Yes exactly. Anyone that doesn’t agree isn’t really watching. 

Naismith is a good player and is doing well, However that is three goals he has cost us directly or indirectly. 

I’m utterly furious, as we all knew (the supporters) it was going to happen and collectively the team is waiting for it too! 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s actually really frustrating. There are signs of some very good things, but he keeps changing the midfield and playing these slugs! 

The way I see it there are players Nigel trusts (King and James because of the Leicester connection presumably) and others he doesn't (Tanner and Wilson for instance).

Which is fine if the ones he prefers justify that trust. I'm not sure they do but he's a stubborn man so I expect it to happen again.

• Like 1

We have the makings of a good team I think, however there are some areas that need to be addressed.

I'm sorry but Vyner to me is a very average Championship footballer.

Dasilva gets into good positions but his final ball is normally fairly pathetic.

Naismith brings a lot to the team but always has that one mistake in him and its normally fairly horrendous as we have all seen so far.

We missed Scotts energy and determination when he was subbed.

Other than that there were a lot of positives especially up front.

Do we know when Kalas is likely to return ?

25 minutes ago, spudski said:

Which is ridiculous...head totally not right and up to match speed.

I'm not a fan of Vyner at this level...always got a mistake in him or lack of concentration and aggression, but no way should he be blamed for the goal.

You are creating a big assumption there Spud.

As much as i am loathe to.......you have to give Blackpool some credit, two consecutive 3-3 draws coming back from losing positions?    We are doing better than most predicted, so lets see the glass half full, rather than half empty.   Last season we would have lost this?.........but with  our attack, we are always in with a chance?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A replica of his first two goals for Bath City!  Gets across his man.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

The amount of strikers you see called out at the top level for not getting across their man - whatever level the boy goes onto play at regularly, he's got a brilliant instinct for a 20-year-old.

• Like 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

You are creating a big assumption there Spud.

That's why I asked whether he came in cold off the bench or had warmed up? I can't remember.

You know what it's like when playing...it takes a while to get your head accustomed to thinking and making decisions when the blood and adrenaline is coursing, and heart beat rate up. 

Hence warming up intensely.

However...he made some real errors of judgement when he came on and cost us a win.

Just arrived home. I had an unusual watching experience this afternoon as I was in Sark and the boat home, which was scheduled for Sunday, was cancelled and therefore we had to come back a day early with departure at 1650.

So, for anyone who knows Sark, this is how it played out, first half watched on the Avenue (the metropolis of Sark) thought being level at half time was about right and was encouraged as we’d created a few decent chances. Quickly walked down Harbour Hill and made it to the Harbour Cafe as the second half started. The owner turns out to be from Shirehampton and moved to Sark last year. WiFi quickly established and carried on watching until the 61st minute when I had to board according to my wife! Thought our defending for both their goals was poor.

When I left it at, 2-1, we were under severe pressure and if anything they looked the more likely to score. Half way across, en route to Jersey, I saw the final score and was initially delighted then saw the time of their equalizer.

Looks like AS scored with his fist touch.

Look forward to catching up with OTIB and the highlights later.

In every game in which we’ve dropped points this season we have been ahead and have already dropped three points to goals conceded in added time.

For those who were there or watched the whole game was it a fair result or did we deserve all three points?

12 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

The amount of strikers you see called out at the top level for not getting across their man - whatever level the boy goes onto play at regularly, he's got a brilliant instinct for a 20-year-old.

His movement in a number of aspects is very very good , something you could see at U23 level, but he’s causing problems to Championship defenders

Not just his movement - has a very good touch (eg The instant kill of the ball on Weds night after Antoine closing down / challenge was top drawer)

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Just arrived home. I had an unusual watching experience this afternoon as I was in Sark and the boat home, which was scheduled for Sunday, was cancelled and therefore we had to come back a day early with departure at 1650.

So, for anyone who knows Sark, this is how it played out, first half watched on the Avenue (the metropolis of Sark) thought being level at half time was about right and was encouraged as we’d created a few decent chances. Quickly walked down Harbour Hill and made it to the Harbour Cafe as the second half started. The owner turns out to be from Shirehampton and moved to Sark last year. WiFi quickly established and carried on watching until the 61st minute when I had to board according to my wife! Thought our defending for both their goals was poor.

When I left it at, 2-1, we were under severe pressure and if anything they looked the more likely to score. Half way across, en route to Jersey, I saw the final score and was initially delighted then saw the time of their equalizer.

In every game in which we’ve dropped points this season we have been ahead and have already dropped three points to goals conceded in added time.

For those who were there or watched the whole game was it a fair result or did we deserve all three points?

Fair result given our defensive frailties 

10 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

That’s what I was thinking, there’s nothing more pleasing than seeing a striker get a goal like that, Lineker, Andy Cole kind of goals for me are better than the long shots that occasionally fly in.

If we can keep Tommy, Semenyo and Scott all season and they stay fit I’m upping my pre season prediction from 10/12th to 4/6th

14 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

It’s difficult to make three separate mistakes in one goal and say you deserved all the points. The other thing you should have noticed is that mistakes by SENIOR players in injury time are killing us right now, those that should know better and need dragging round the back of the changing room and given a good kicking for making them!! It’s those players letting the youngsters down not the other way round.

But anyone who can’t see that the work in progress is making progress is either blind or just a miserable bastard. Whilst we are work in progress I think it’s pointless ruining your weekend over the mistakes we are making.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 5
38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is not aimed at you Davefevs but I'm surprised that I haven't seen any caustic posts about Naismith's second big clanger of the season so far. If it had been someone else, this forum would have been boiling with anger toward that individual.

It's about time that Pearson drummed into his players, that the best form of defense is attack. Keeping the ball in the last thirty yards of their goal line is where we should have been, not playing idiots near our own penalty area!

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just dont see naismith as a ball winning centre half at all. Maybe it's me but he is a great passer and I see him as a deep lying midfield player as pack was he can win balls in front defence like pack did really well and play from there.i would pick him there.

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just dont see naismith as a ball winning centre half at all. Maybe it's me but he is a great passer and I see him as a deep lying midfield player as pack was he can win balls in front defence like pack did really well and play from there.i would pick him there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, red colin said:

He’s not.

I missed the opening 35 minutes today….and the sun / brightness made watching the second half on Robinstv not easy, so not a game I can readily analyse.

Where / who did Madine peel onto, Vyner or Naismith…or straight down the middle (or even all three)?

Gutted that we conceded a late goal (and a stupid one at that) to throw away 2 points. 

I wasn’t at the game, but looking at the highlights Massengo lost his man for the first one. The late equaliser was so needless. I didn’t see what happened before Naismith’s pass, but his ball to Vyner was terrible and Vyner needed to be stronger. It looked to me like maybe Bentley came out too quickly and King didn’t seem to make any effort to intercept the ball. 

Just now, Offside said:

Gutted that we conceded a late goal (and a stupid one at that) to throw away 2 points. 

I wasn’t at the game, but looking at the highlights Massengo lost his man for the first one. The late equaliser was so needless. I didn’t see what happened before Naismith’s pass, but his ball to Vyner was terrible and Vyner needed to be stronger. It looked to me like maybe Bentley came out too quickly and King didn’t seem to make any effort to intercept the ball. 

Yep, your analysis is right. It was King who needlessly passed back to Naismith when he had time & space to send the ball down the channel for Semenyo to chase.

However frustrating it is giving the goals away etc etc things are definitely going in the right direction .

I think some people are getting a little over excited about things . We are now putting our stamp on games not just hanging on from the kick off and hope bents has a blinder . We are actually causing teams problems . 
just hope the vultures stay away and we don’t lose any players before the window ends . 
still think play offs is just out of reach for this year . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Offside said:

Agree on Bentley. Given the angle that’s one where you set yourself and say to the forward “hit it across me if you’re good enough”. Bentley rushing out and not being set made the blokes mind up for him and it was a piece of piss to lift the ball over him, wouldn’t call that a fourth “mistake” in the build up to the goal but not fantastic goalkeeping either.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Agree on Bentley. Given the angle that’s one where you set yourself and say to the forward “hit it across me if you’re good enough”. Bentley rushing out and not being set made the blokes mind up for him and it was a piece of piss to lift the ball over him, wouldn’t call that a fourth “mistake” in the build up to the goal but not fantastic goalkeeping either.

Just seen it again and was thinking exactly the same…try and beat me on the angle.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yep, your analysis is right. It was King who needlessly passed back to Naismith when he had time & space to send the ball down the channel for Semenyo to chase.

You are right but when one mistake is made you don’t make a second and a third. None of the mistakes justifies the previous one. Naismith needed to get rid and have a right ******* pop at King afterwards.

• Like 1