IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Will be a good test since in recent years we've had some shocking results there, I think Keith Millen was sacked after we lost 5-0 there in 2011 and I remember us even losing there on our great promotion year of 75/76. Believe our last win was about 15 years ago

Ah, that was the day I fell THROUGH their laughable (at the time) away 'stand', it was lethal!

13 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've endured some fairly hideous away days at Blackpool, but thankfully I'll be watching from home Frankfurt tomorrow.

I'm strangely (and worryingly) confident too...

Me too, remember years ago a shocking November game which we lost 1-0, anyway if anybody fancies a potd adventure tomorrow, read on… Pay on the day will be available for City's Bank Holiday trip to Bloomfield Road. The club have sold nearly 1,000 tickets for the August Bank Holiday fixture.

?PRICES

• Adults - £29
  • Senior 65+ - £25
  • Under 22 - £25
  • Under 18 - £13
  • Under 12 - £9

*Prices are exclusive of fees

Ignore my opening post re the ref please, I changed it when I saw the BCFC preview (which was wrong) and now realise I had it right originally! So, Jeremy Simpson has the whistle for tomorrow's clash at Bloomfield Road in what will be his fourth game of the season.

Simpson has issued 15 yellow cards and no reds and he took charge of two City games last season - the 1-1 home draw with Luton and the 3-2 defeat away at Coventry City.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Will be a good test since in recent years we've had some shocking results there, I think Keith Millen was sacked after we lost 5-0 there in 2011 and I remember us even losing there on our great promotion year of 75/76. Believe our last win was about 15 years ago

About right.

Although I've never seen us lose there.

Unfortunately, I'll be watching from Amsterdam(ish) so can't keep up the record.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm really expecting an away win tomorrow and 10 points from 6 games. Soon come crashing down to earth I am sure but I don't see them coping with our strikeforce 

I tend to agree.

Although I don't think it will be easy.

Bit like the Cardiff game, first half a bit of a slog to get to play our football, second half - do 'em.

2-1 win.

9 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Ignore my opening post re the ref please, I changed it when I saw the BCFC preview (which was wrong) and now realise I had it right originally! So, Jeremy Simpson has the whistle for tomorrow's clash at Bloomfield Road in what will be his fourth game of the season.

Simpson has issued 15 yellow cards and no reds and he took charge of two City games last season - the 1-1 home draw with Luton and the 3-2 defeat away at Coventry City.

He gave us a penalty! We like him!

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Are they the only team that have won the playoffs in all three divisions?

Answer my own question, Huddersfield have as well

League 2: 2004 against Mansfield

League 1: 2012 against Sheff Utd

Championship: 2017 against Reading

All on penalties after 0-0 draws.

There's your (not so) interesting fact for the day

• Like 2

Pretty confident about today (again), it’s a nice feeling.

The only question mark over team for me is the CM/RWB question. My instinct is to go unchanged from Cardiff, but it’s whether Nige feels Williams is better playing here or against Huddersfield from the start. I think with the extra day, (and conversely one less day until Blackburn which looks the trickiest of the next three) it’ll be here so unchanged side, three points and this place goes into promotion talk overdrive

I remember a night match sometime in the 90s where CATS ran an early coach so you could have the day up there (something they did a few times for midweek seaside away trips - Brighton was another). Absolutely chucked it down all day and evening and the City fans ended up getting moved from the open terrace to the stand it was so bad. I think we might have won though.

Thinking about it, it lashed down for the whole day we were in Brighton too - maybe that`s why CATS stopped it! That was the famous Gary Sheton 85th minute winner game though so we weren`t too bothered come the finish!

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Despite a very stubborn Blackpool, we shall continue our march to our rightful position at the top. Our progress is inexorable, we will walk this league.

Blimey, what's happened to you lately?

I'm loving the new found optimism don't get me wrong, it's just not what I expected!

• Haha 1