IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

If we play the eay we have in the last 3 games, we can take all 3 points today.  Who is fit will be key - If Antoinne and Andi are fit we could thrash them, especially if Tommy Conway is fit too.

I know JD has had a couple of decent games, but I still think Cam Pring gives us more in that area of the pitch.

If Andi plays in midfield, I am wondering which other two will be selected in the middle - one holding and one more attacking or as we are away from home, two holding midfielders.

Sykes and Wilson both seem decent at RB but Alex Scott does a great job there too. My preference would be Sykes with Scott on the bench unless one of the 3 more forward players are not fit as he can play creatively in behind two strikers (which I think it is more natural position).

Edited by wendyredredrobin
18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we play the eay we have in the last 3 games, we can take all 3 points today.  Who is fit will be key - If Antoinne and Andi are fit we could thrash them, especially if Tommy Conway is fit too.

I know JD has had a couple of decent games, but I still think Cam Pring gives us more in that area of the pitch.

If Andi plays in midfield, I am wondering which other two will be selected in the middle - one holding and one more attacking or as we are away from home, two holding midfielders.

Sykes and Wilson both seem decent at RB but Alex Scott does a great job there too. My preference would be Sykes with Scott on the bench unless one of the 3 more forward players are not fit as he can play creatively in behind two strikers (which I think it is more natural position).

How many times have we thrashed Blackpool away from home. I hope you are right but I think it will be a tough game and I would be happy with a point and keep the run going. I have these nightmare memories of  going to Blackpool and being hammered by 6 goals I think when we had a chance of the playoffs. COYR.

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Blimey, what's happened to you lately?

I'm loving the new found optimism don't get me wrong, it's just not what I expected!

I have found that by projecting my natural happy clapper based positivity onto OTIB starting at Coventry MDT, I have brought about a change in our performances and given Nige a much needed new lease of life at BCFC. 

P.s dont forget what I did for Matt Smith- he still send me Christmas cards.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sykes is suspended remember.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have found that by projecting my natural happy clapper based positivity onto OTIB starting at Coventry MDT, I have brought about a change in our performances and given Nige a much needed new lease of life at BCFC. 

P.s dont forget what I did for Matt Smith- he still send me Christmas cards.

With an accompanying stinking bag of gone off Offal as a present? :dunno:;)

That's positive to see the same side.

Semenyo on the bench also offers a nice option and that set-up also offers the chance to morph easily into a 4-3-3 in-game.

Vyner Naismith Atkinson

Scott Massengo Williams DaSilva

Weimann

Wells Conway

With couple of subtle tweaks, ie Scott moving inside, Vyner to narrow RB and DaSilva to LB you have a 4-3-3. Or a 4-3-1-2 if you prefer.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous