IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

2 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Play a simple ball back with no danger, for them to press and for Naismith to boot it up the pitch giving us a bit more space, in no way is it King's fault, he could have done better to get back to clear it off the line I would agree, but giving it to Naismith who was free is not his fault imo.

King started it tbh. Ball played in midfield, all ******* day to turn and launch the ball FORWARDS and he goes back to Naismith. After that it was a total **** up. Pearson will be fuming.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Play a simple ball back with no danger, for them to press and for Naismith to boot it up the pitch giving us a bit more space, in no way is it King's fault, he could have done better to get back to clear it off the line I would agree, but giving it to Naismith who was free is not his fault imo.

The replays show that he was in loads of space, a player with his experience could and should have had a look around, kill some time then lay it off. The pass to Naismith might have been on, but it was the wrong option. King's been kept and in this case brought on to shore things up and close the game down with experience, this means miking the right decisions at the right times.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Blackpool goal: https://streamja.com/0ONb6

??? The more you watch that back you realise Kings opened his body up and let the ball go across him into the net. 

He's not even attempted to clear it. 

If he thinks it's going wide, then his judgement and awareness is totally all over the shop, not just in that situation, but the suicide ball previously in the build up. 

I watched the game, but can't remember whether he had warmed up or came on cold off the bench.

Either way...shocking errors of judgement that ruined a positive performance.

• Like 1
Just now, steviestevieneville said:

I agree but its usually a team on top of us trying to get back into the game. We were in total control of this . Frustrating as hell 

Nigel said last week that we are not a team that can sit back and absorb pressure. So why do we do exactly that so often?

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Vyner should never of received the ball . Naismith got to clear that up the pitch . We made some poor decisions back there today . The first , massengo lost his man . The second , Atkinson gives the ball away which leads to the corner which we don’t defend . A bug bear of mine being zonal marking . 

Yes, not a fan of zonal marking, I don't think it has improved us at all.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

??? The more you watch that back you realise Kings opened his body up and let the ball go across him into the net. 

If he thinks it's going wide, then his judgement and awareness is totally all over the shop, not just in that situation, but the suicide ball previously in the build up. 

I watched the game, but can't remember whether he had warmed up or came on cold off the bench.

I think it does look like he thinks it's going wide so leaves it. 

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

So was it Naismith, King or Vyner? Hard to keep up with who's turn it is this week.

Nah, to be fair, three mistakes in one goal when you should have absolutely battered the opposition is hard to take. None of those lads are kids out of the Under 21’s. The staff will be livid with all three of them.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Once the disappointment dies down of gifting them a point and dropping two points then we can reflect upon this game and compare it to last seasons game their then you can see the progress we've made. Could have easily scored double of what we did today. Last season there we were shocking. 

And we've discovered a real star in Conway, and signed a dominant, ball playing centre back with a wand of a left foot.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, spudski said:

You can see from the posts tonight there is a general sense of frustration of 2 points stupidly lost, whereas last season we would be grateful to come away with the point

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We’re still light though Harry 

I know mate I was just being a bit facetious. 
As per the below …..

11 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I really don’t get continually playing Scott at right back has to play in midfield for me

Yes mate. I can’t understand it. Pearson brought in a right back last season and he brought in another right back this season, and we’ve seen Scott & Weimann play more minutes in that position than either of them. 
We ended the game today with Weimann at right back and 3 slow central mids in James, King & Williams. 
I don’t understand how we’re trying to ‘see the game out’ with those 4 in play. 
That midfield is so slow, all it takes is one mistake and they’re all too sluggish to recover. We had zero pace in the rear 8 players at the end of the game. 

Scott is our most talented player in decades. He needs to be played in his best position. We won’t have him for very long, we need to make the most of him whilst he’s here. 
Massengo (whilst I’m not as far up his ass as a lot of posters) is also a talented midfielder. But he gets a half of football and then gets hauled off (was the same at Wycombe). 2 of our best players, not being played in their best positions, whilst slug central James & King are bringing their ‘experience’ to balls things up! 

It’s actually really frustrating. There are signs of some very good things, but he keeps changing the midfield and playing these slugs! 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

Watched the game. First half we were at least 2 goals better than them on football played. Opened them up many times. 

Second half I wouldn't have took off Massengo for James and we allowed them to dominate us physically for a bit and then Semenyo comes on and does what he does.

Although Blackpool fans will claim they deserved a point I would argue we were worthy of the win, we looked much more composed on the ball and our movement was superb today going forward. 

Silly individual error cost us 2 points, but the performance was positive and we go into Wednesday's match confident I think.

• Like 2
Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it does look like he thinks it's going wide so leaves it. 

Which is ridiculous...head totally not right and up to match speed.

I'm not a fan of Vyner at this level...always got a mistake in him or lack of concentration and aggression, but no way should he be blamed for the goal.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

You can see from the posts tonight there is a general sense of frustration of 2 points stupidly lost, whereas last season we would be grateful to come away with the point

It’s a different type of frustration. At times last season a shot on target in a 45 minute half would have been a victory. We have now progressed to handing teams a point on a silver platter when we should have been at least two goals clear!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

The replays show that he was in loads of space, a player with his experience could and should have had a look around, kill some time then lay it off. The pass to Naismith might have been on, but it was the wrong option. King's been kept and in this case brought on to shore things up and close the game down with experience, this means miking the right decisions at the right times.

Exactly what I said, but in not so many words.

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Annoying as it is again, this is a much better City side and I’m really excited about the next game. 

Me too. They play football. We have threatening players and are not relying on the counter to open teams up. We are effecting games much more. 

Need to cut the silly errors out though

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Usually quite positive. However;

Too many 5/10 performances today. Lazy and wasteful in possession and it's cost us. Weimann missing much of the game, possibly the knock.

Didn't think much of Blackpool to be honest. They were there for the taking in spells.

Naismith pass put Vyner in trouble, never mind the touch he took was the worst possible he could have taken in that scenario, the latter was literally something you'd see in park football. Shocking. Then gets outpaced and out muscled. Unfortunate as it's undone all the positives I thought he achieved at Cardiff.

Atkinson must improve or he risks losing his place. Thought he was very poor today.

Conway my man of the match, Semenyo, Wells, and Williams did well. Naismith one of the best on the pitch until their third.

DaSilva, Scott, Massengo - on balance all did OK.

Atkinson, Vyner, Bents, Weimann, all pretty poor compared, to at least, their individual standards and what we know they can do.

I suppose it’s all about opinions, but I suspect that if we’d held on for the win you’d have been a little more charitable.

I thought we were breathtakingly good at times, but undermined by naïveté from a senior pro at the end, who really should have known better.  Even if King did play the ball back, there is really no excuse for Naismith’s pass. Yes, Vyner might have rescued the situation (and Matty James might have made a better attempt to clear it off the line) but we should never have been in that position, and that is down to Naismith.  A moment of utter madness.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Despite signing Tanner and Wilson he apparently doesn't trust them yet. Expect Sykes to be back at RWB against Huddersfield.

Rwb has been neglected for far to long at least 3 seasons its about time we invested in this position with a big strong arhletic type who can get up and down the pitch there must be one out there in the world of football

• Haha 1

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Mid table innit? Realistically that should be what we are aiming for this season and would represent some success and progress. We have no right really to be expecting the academy kids to be making such an impact.

Want to kick the cat for that equaliser, but they did have a chance or two before that. One thing that had been different generally is that when a goal up NP likes to still carry a threat. Seemed to lose that today. Maybe at the margin them having mid week off helped a little.

If our borderline fluky third and their late one is not given them it’s a decent 2-2. Both downs arguably to Naismith. Blackpool make it difficult and we know we are work in progress. Bloody frustrating but it is what it is.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
Just now, cityexile said:

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats.

Mid table innit? Realistically that should be what we are aiming for this season and would represent some success and progress. We have no right really to be expecting the academy kids to be making such an impact.

Want to kick the cat for that equaliser, but they did have a chance or two before that. One thing that had been different generally is that when a goal up NP likes to still carry a threat. Seemed to lose that today. Maybe at the margin them having mid week off helped a little.

If our borderline fluky third and their late one is not given them it’s a decent 2-2. Both downs arguably to Nailsmith. Blackpool make it difficult and we know we are work in progress. Bloody frustrating but it is what it is.

Sod that 

We have a automatic chasing strike force

Sort out the dodgy defence and we definitely have to be aiming for play offs

• Like 3