IGNORED

Eliasson

Garland-sweden

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

He now will be Playing for AEK Athen. Last season he scored seven and had seven assists for Nimes. With another manager then LJ or Holden he could have done it here. Its history but I thinks its interesting to se whats happen with former Cityplayers.

Eliasson is one of my favourite City players of recent times. To this day I'm baffled as to why he wasn't used more. There was a £10m player in there IMO. I'm amazed another Championship side didn't pick up on him concidering his assist stats. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Best crosser of a ball I have ever seen apart from Becks ( yes i really do think his crossing was that good). Lacked in other areas unfortunately 

If you discount all the ones he hit the first defender,  until he finally got a decent one in. 

Way too erratic for our level. 

Great went it went right,  but was generally a liability for the rest of the team. 

Exciting type of player to watch,  but not one that many managers will want to have to fit into their team. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you discount all the ones he hit the first defender,  until he finally got a decent one in. 

Way too erratic for our level. 

Great went it went right,  but was generally a liability for the rest of the team. 

Exciting type of player to watch,  but not one that many managers will want to have to fit into their team. 

Wide players by their nature can be a bit inconsistent and mercurial however.

Go and check the most productive assist providers in the Championship, you might be surprised. Yes stats can mislead but his 12 assists in 35 games in his final full season it is highly competitive, put it that way.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

43 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Elliasson will be always the one who got away, 

I'm still upset we got rid as one of the technically best players we've ever had, one of the best crosses ive ever see, could score and is now showing he can do it at different higher levels. 

Still hurts a little.

We're immense with WSC or WSM etc imagine having Elliasson and Sykes etc providing balls in for them ❤️❤️❤️

You sure about that ?

French second division ?

Greek "super League" is probably the equivalent of the Championship.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Sure, he Joined and played for Nimes whilst in League 1 

AEK have regular European, champs league football and are on a upward trajectory after the financial scandals of mid 2010s.

Absolutely different level to us. 

Nope.

Ligue 2 is nowhere near the Championship.

Greek league is similar to Scotland imo with 3 "big" teams (in relatively small stadiums) with the vast majority of the rest with crowds of 5k (or under). 

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/gre-super-league-2021-2022/1/

He hasn't really moved on in that respect.

Yes, he'll get European experience, but he'd get that in Wales.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Ill try this one more time. 

He signed for and played for Nimes in League 1, the top league in France 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/niclas-eliasson/leistungsdaten/spieler/251813

I can't help your bias nor you negative outlook

AEK are a massive European Club. 

The gymnastics people try and use is beyond bewildering to try and neg players 

I said he was a good player for us and I have no negative thoughts at all towards him.

Just saying that he's not gone to a better standard - the Greek league is dreadful, League 2 where he was playing after getting relegated with Nimes is also a dreadful standard.

He's not gone forward in his career imo.

He'll be playng in AEK's stunning new stadium when it finally opens soon.  Looks real classy and built on the old Nea Filadelfia stadium footprint.  I spent many a happy game by Gate 21 as one of AEK's token English idiot supporters back in the day.  Even had my own pre match free beer sponsors at a now defunct taverna in Monastiraki.

If he can avoid some of the local cloggers in the Greek Superleague, Elaiasson could really make a positive difference to AEK's annual stumble towards (and then away from) the automatic Champ League spot.  Best of luck 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wide players by their nature can be a bit inconsistent and mercurial however.

Go and check the most productive assist providers in the Championship, you might be surprised. Yes stats can mislead but his 12 assists in 35 games in his final full season it is highly competitive, put it that way.

I'd agree that as a stand alone stslat,  it's a comparatively decent return - however,  he did very little else for the team,  whereas others,  I'd suspect,  have better all round contribution stats.

Naismith will probably get more assists than NE did in that season,  this season - yet also offer so much more during the rest of the game aswell. 

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd agree that as a stand alone stslat,  it's a comparatively decent return - however,  he did very little else for the team,  whereas others,  I'd suspect,  have better all round contribution stats.

Naismith will probably get more assists than NE did in that season,  this season - yet also offer so much more during the rest of the game aswell. 

That would be extremely unusual and obviously great for us especially for a ball carrying CB. I can provide the actual stats going back a good number of seasons. 12 for a wide player is absolutely up there. Not many have exceeded it at this level.

This is also fair about all-round contribution and output. He also got some goals albeit not enough. QPR and Bolton at home in 2018-19 were quite clean hits from memory.

Bit of context to the stat, can add plenty more but only 45 players from 2015/16 to 2021/22 have registered 10 or more assists (League only) in a Championship season. Some of these will be players doing this more than once so further reducing numbers. 41-42 I think but check exact numbers.

If you want it expressly over 10, it's less still. It's really not that common. Just 28, in 7 seasons- that's all players, not just wide men- and some of them again more than once.

In terms of players who have exceeded his League assists in a season in all that time, it's 8. Only 8 and some could be more than once, again this isn't filtering by position let alone by starts etc.

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That would be extremely unusual and obviously great for us especially for a ball carrying CB. I can provide the actual stats going back a good number of seasons. 12 for a wide player is absolutely up there. Not many have exceeded it at this level.

This is also fair about all-round contribution and output. He also got some goals albeit not enough. QPR and Bolton at home in 2018-19 were quite clean hits from memory.

He'd probably score & assist that many against us in 1 game..! :laugh:

I quite liked him generally. When it came off,  it was great - but overall I always felt he was a liability to the rest of the team. 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He'd probably score & assist that many against us in 1 game..! :laugh:

I quite liked him generally. When it came off,  it was great - but overall I always felt he was a liability to the rest of the team. 

Yeah, we can be pretty open at both ends...

That's fair. I also think in and it's a personal bias of mine this shape, a 4-3-3 at that time pushed higher he'd have been even more effective and maybe would have masked one or two of his deficiencies, thinking higher possession Brentford style 4-3-3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Which overall isn’t far off the Championship. 

Depends what you call "assists". A pass precisely slipped between several defenders to pick out a team mate, running into a space he has spotted, to leave him one on one with the keeper or, receiving the ball wide, stepping inside and drilling a left footed cross into a crowded box which happens to find a team mate who has to do quite a bit to get it past the keeper?

I know what I think is a proper assist.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Elliasson will be always the one who got away, 

I'm still upset we got rid as one of the technically best players we've ever had, one of the best crosses ive ever see, could score and is now showing he can do it at different higher levels. 

Still hurts a little.

We're immense with WSC or WSM etc imagine having Elliasson and Sykes etc providing balls in for them ❤️❤️❤️

I don’t actually think that 7 goals and 7 assists in Ligue 2 consists of ‘ doing it at a higher level ‘. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Depends what you call "assists". A pass precisely slipped between several defenders to pick out a team mate, running into a space he has spotted, to leave him one on one with the keeper or, receiving the ball wide, stepping inside and drilling a left footed cross into a crowded box which happens to find a team mate who has to do quite a bit to get it past the keeper?

What? Both absolutely are assists, and end in the exact same result. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Both of them, presumably? Any other answer would be silly.

27 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

So I guess Scott didn't get a proper assist for Conways goal. Or Naismiths free kick V Cardiff?

3 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

How did he get on after that initial move to French L1...? 

I could be wrong, but didn't they get relegated,  with him contributing nothing,  whilst at that level..? 

I'm sure he didn't do well there when he first moved & was shocked at his lack of impact there.