IGNORED

Baker retires

Unan

3 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Loved that partnership he had with Flint.

The perfect CB for Pearson with his determination, and aggression. Just a massive shame it didn't work out.

Good luck in the future Nathan.

Haven’t read everyone’s posts but I echo all the page 1 sentiments and best wishes.

According to one poster on here who spoke to Nige last summer, Rennie had got to the bottom of the niggly back and hamstring issues, and my opinion was that he started last season in some of his best form here.  Such a shame two head injuries stopped that form in its tracks.

Such a shame for such a nice bloke, and great footballer.

The memory that will stay with me was from when he was on loan and we played Middlesbrough in Pemberton’s first match in charge. We were clinging on to a one goal advantage and borough  were peppering our goal, a goal mouth scramble with Baker led on the goal line and 2 borough players kicking 7 bells out of anything that might resemble a ball. That bravery from a loan player gave us a much needed 3 points. 

I hope he is able to find a career that keeps him satisfied and comfortable in the future.

Edited by GreedyHarry

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Always felt more reassured defensively when he was in the line up.

That season where he played alongside Webster I am not sure their were many opposition forwards who relished coming up against them two.

good luck for the future

They were only paired together 9 times.

In Webster’s only season with us Baker only started 12 games, & Webster missed 3 of those.
Kalas was his regular partner (38 games).

What an outstanding and dedicated footballer...........who will be sorely missed by fans and players alike.  Always giving 100% in every game, and i will genuinely miss you Nathan.  The very best of luck  in your future, I for one will always remember just how committed and honestly you played every time i watched you.  Bristol City were very fortunate to have you play for them.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Always felt more reassured defensively when he was in the line up.

That season where he played alongside Webster I am not sure their were many opposition forwards who relished coming up against them two.

good luck for the future

They only played a handful of games together, it was mostly Kalas and Webster. 

Sadly as expected but his health is priority. 

I have very fond memories of Bakes time in a City shirt . He was an absolute warrior and his ‘take the man and ball’ approach was an absolute thing of beauty when he got it right.

My favourite example of this has to be away at Reading in our first season back in the champ under Cotts. He smashed Nick Blackman so hard he went over the advertising hoardings, of course taking the ball in the process. 

On his day he was class. I wish you all the very best of luck Bakes. Thank you for always being prepared to put your body on the line.

• Like 2

Best wishes Bakes. Always put his body on the line.

I remember his partnership with Flint particularly away at Portman Road when they had that annoying little ginger *** up front who tried it on with Flint by leaving his foot in. Flint just glared down at him crumpled on the floor, whereas a smiling Baker scythed right through him leaving him writhing in a heap. 

Pure class. Best wishes for the future.